Shoutbox

Contact goes here offline and back online, contact says: stayed online - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Contact goes here offline and back online, contact says: stayed online (/showthread.php?tid=79633)

Contact goes here offline and back online, contact says: stayed online by Dragunov on 12-04-2007 at 07:27 PM

Hi,

I have following problem, started today

I speak to one of my contacts, and sometimes the contact appears offline and signs back some time later

But when I ask the contact, the person tells me, nothing was done, except speaking with me,  not even went offline

What is the possible reason for this? :)

thx

RE: Contact goes here offline and back online, contact says: stayed online by RebelSean on 12-04-2007 at 07:39 PM

Are you using the beta version (9.0.xxx)?

RE: Contact goes here offline and back online, contact says: stayed online by Dragunov on 12-04-2007 at 07:42 PM

Not here, here it is the latest official build, not the beta

RE: Contact goes here offline and back online, contact says: stayed online by RebelSean on 12-04-2007 at 07:46 PM

There has been similar talk about this in both the beta build and 8.5, not sure the cause behind it. Have you tried deleting your contact cache?

RE: Contact goes here offline and back online, contact says: stayed online by Dragunov on 12-04-2007 at 07:47 PM

no, didn't do this, I hope version 9 will solve this problem, didn't have this yet with 9 beta

RE: Contact goes here offline and back online, contact says: stayed online by garfieldman on 12-04-2007 at 09:13 PM

I've experienced this problem too, even back when it was still 8.1 and 8.0.

With all these different contact problems, I think it's just a problem with the server. :S