Shoutbox

[Request] Link in status message? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Link in status message? (/showthread.php?tid=79644)

[Request] Link in status message? by thomashas on 12-05-2007 at 02:02 AM

Hello
Is it possible to do a script that can make a various clickable link in my status message.
Example is the clickable link when i hear music. I think it could be done.
k thanxx :)

RE: [Request] Link in status message? by CookieRevised on 12-05-2007 at 02:16 AM

No, this can not be done...

And because of security reasons this will also not be added to Plus! itself in they way you want (=> people could make a link saying "download new msgr now" but the URL would point to a fake and malicious program).

eg: Download Messenger now

----------

However, if you put in a link in your the Personal Message (correct name for what you mean), it would be possible for your contacts to go to the link by right-clicking your name:

Right-click on contact in contactlist > Messenger Plus! Features > Open Internet Link > ...

RE: RE: [Request] Link in status message? by felipEx on 12-05-2007 at 02:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

And because of security reasons this will also not be added to Plus! itself in they way you want (=> people could make a link saying "download new msgr now" but the URL would point to a fake and malicious program).

you're completely right =]

[Image: linksinstatusmessagemf2.th.png]

but, WLM9 has that feature :D

RE: [Request] Link in status message? by CookieRevised on 12-05-2007 at 11:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by felipEx
quote:

you're completely right =]

[Image: linksinstatusmessagemf2.th.png]

but, WLM9 has that feature :D
That's not completely the same. Notice how the URL is visible and not just text like "download messenger".

The TP asked for something like the Now Playing links. Those links are text with an URL underneath it. This is different than automatically highlighting URLs. Links like the Now Playing feature will not be added (even in WLM9), and if they do be sure there will be protest from beta testers.....

In other words: WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get).

;)
RE: [Request] Link in status message? by thomashas on 12-05-2007 at 09:43 PM

but it would be possible ... can someone code a script that make a link clickable.. the links can be for exmpl. www.link.de with no url underneath it. thx a lot

RE: [Request] Link in status message? by CookieRevised on 12-06-2007 at 12:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thomashas
but it would be possible ... can someone code a script that make a link clickable..
quote:
No, this can not be done.

RE: [Request] Link in status message? by thomashas on 12-06-2007 at 08:43 PM

hm .. i thought it was possible with scripting, because i 9 beta its possible

RE: RE: [Request] Link in status message? by djdannyp on 12-06-2007 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thomashas
hm .. i thought it was possible with scripting, because i 9 beta its possible

that's not scripting though

that's hard coded into the program