Shoutbox

Search People of one country - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Search People of one country (/showthread.php?tid=79658)

Search People of one country by warmth on 12-05-2007 at 01:31 PM

Hey I got an idea today and I don't think will be to hard to do it... allow the search engine in member list to search people of the country you selected previously in a list... with this feature you will be able to find people of your same country or whatever country you want to... :$

RE: Search People of one country by Voldemort on 12-05-2007 at 03:11 PM

I don't think I like it, i think it's a stalking option or something :p

RE: Search People of one country by warmth on 12-05-2007 at 03:21 PM

why??? I for example wanna meet people from venezuela that use the forums...

RE: Search People of one country by CookieRevised on 12-05-2007 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
I don't think I like it, i think it's a stalking option or something :p
I don't see how this an invasion of privacy, or even worse, stalking...

If poeple don't want to reveal their country, they don't need to fill it in. Also, this request is not for an auto-mail everypeople of country X kind of spam thingie (I hope :p)

The ability to for example sort the userlist by country could be handy for some people wanting to meet new people or simply asking for something (I'm thinking of translation issues, tests, or even setting up a meeting or whatever).

Personally, I don't really need such a feature. But I don't see immediatly how it is an invasion of privacy or anything like that.
RE: Search People of one country by warmth on 12-05-2007 at 03:52 PM

thanks for you support cookie... ;)

RE: Search People of one country by Berger on 12-05-2007 at 04:11 PM

I like the idea :)

RE: Search People of one country by WDZ on 12-05-2007 at 05:54 PM

I plan to integrate a member list into my country stats page, so you can view the top 20 posters (for example) from each country. :p

Sorting the member list by country wouldn't work very well due to some technical reasons (including the fact that only 2.7% of our members have a country set), but a "search by country" feature would be possible.

RE: Search People of one country by warmth on 12-05-2007 at 06:15 PM

yes a search by country is why I was asking for :P... I hope to see this coming ;)!!!

Note: I have never seen that site... :P is very nice... very useful stadistics...