Shoutbox

Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! (/showthread.php?tid=79679)

Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Felu on 12-06-2007 at 12:07 PM

At last the long awaited Yahoo Messenger for Vista(that looks much better than WLM, though Plus! skins might be able to beat it) is out!

Although it sucks up a lot of memory and loads slowly :(.

Take a sneak peek at Yahoo! Messenger for Windows Vista™

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by xJ + on 12-06-2007 at 12:51 PM

It runs slow T.T

But seriously, it's finally out.
I agree with Felu, it looks better than WLM and it takes out lots of RAM.

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Menthix on 12-06-2007 at 01:09 PM

So... who will be the first to create a  Yahoo! Messenger for Vista Plus! skin? :p

Did it seriously take Yahoo that long to make their messenger Vista compatible? :o

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Felu on 12-06-2007 at 01:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Did it seriously take Yahoo that long to make their messenger Vista compatible? (Smilie)
Nah. There always was a Vista compatible version(since jan 07), though this one is called Yahoo Messenger for Vista with Aeroish looks :P.
RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by YourNeibour on 12-06-2007 at 04:28 PM

Is that supposed to be version 9 or is this a totally different version?

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Dane on 12-06-2007 at 04:37 PM

I love the SKIN, Somebody make it for Plus! 4.50 when its released, Kthx.

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by absorbation on 12-06-2007 at 05:02 PM

It's got some issues, but I like it :P.

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Spunky on 12-06-2007 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
this one is called Yahoo Messenger for Vista with Aeroish looks

Dodgy name ;)
RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Eljay on 12-06-2007 at 06:06 PM

I was already going to make a skin based on the old preview, so I am just posting here to try and stop other people from doing it before me :P

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by vaccination on 12-06-2007 at 06:11 PM

It's definitely Vista-ish, but I don't like it.

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Felu on 12-07-2007 at 10:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
I was already going to make a skin based on the old preview, so I am just posting here to try and stop other people from doing it before me :P
Don't be lazy this time and do it fast! I'd love to use the skin.
RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Eljay on 12-09-2007 at 04:00 PM

I won't be able to make this skin because I can't extract the resources from the bloody skin dll (they aren't stored as normal resources that can be viewed in ResHack or whatever, and I have no idea how they are stored).

If anybody can install it and figure it out (I assume they are stored in "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Yahoo!\Messenger for Vista\Yahoo.Messenger.Skins.YmDefault.dll"), I shall be happy to continue working on the skin, but I just can't be bothered making all of the resources from scratch :P

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Felu on 12-09-2007 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
I won't be able to make this skin because I can't extract the resources from the bloody skin dll (they aren't stored as normal resources that can be viewed in ResHack or whatever, and I have no idea how they are stored).

If anybody can install it and figure it out (I assume they are stored in "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Yahoo!\Messenger for Vista\Yahoo.Messenger.Skins.YmDefault.dll"), I shall be happy to continue working on the skin, but I just can't be bothered making all of the resources from scratch :P
Will try tomorrow after school..
* Felu adds to his long Todo list.
RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Shiny Rabbit on 12-09-2007 at 04:53 PM

i prefer the look of WLM8.5

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Nagamasa on 12-10-2007 at 01:33 AM

I think Yahoo! has done a really good job with this. It blends in well with Vista, like integration with the Sidebar, and the translucent colour-schemes. It is still lacking toasts and more things that you can do with the Yahoo! Gadget, and I dont my Yahoo! account of IM.

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Eljay on 12-10-2007 at 11:18 AM

I have managed to export most of the resources now, but a lot of them use some crazy WPF SVG type thing, although I should have enough to continue working on my skin now :P

Edit: looks like most of the images that I can actually use are just emoticons, meaning I have to make the entire GUI from scratch (which I totally don't want to do)
* Eljay needs a new skin idea.. :P

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Basilis on 02-11-2008 at 10:30 PM

Here it is for WLM 8.5:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/31-Yahoo-Messenger/

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by duck! on 02-11-2008 at 10:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Here it is for WLM 8.5:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/31-Yahoo-Messenger/
If you even looked at the link you would see that we are on about Yahoo Messenger for vista, not "Yahoo Messenger"..
RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by Basilis on 02-11-2008 at 10:34 PM

Yes but there was a chat about this skin and who would make it so I posted the link.Read the whole thread and you will see.

RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by vaccination on 02-11-2008 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Yes but there was a chat about this skin and who would make it so I posted the link.Read the whole thread and you will see.
Except that skin looks nothing like the Yahoo Messenger mentioned in this thread, because it isn't the Yahoo Messenger Vista version and thus not the "to-be-made-skin" talked about in this thread 8-)
RE: Yahoo Messenger for Vista is out! by duck! on 02-11-2008 at 10:38 PM

quote:
The Skin chat was about a skin based on the old preview of Yahoo Messenger For vista for windows live messenger.