Shoutbox

Ok, i named all of these. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Ok, i named all of these. (/showthread.php?tid=79687)

Ok, i named all of these. by Quantum on 12-06-2007 at 07:06 PM

I just renamed about 300 mp3 files. When i add them to my ipod they come up track 1, track 2 instead of the name i renamed them to. I figured out that its taking the description > title instead. (when you go to properties you see it)

So what i am asking for it a program to change  the title i put in ( the one you see as thumbnails) to the description > title.

Maybe a batch file or what ever.

Thank you :)

RE: Ok, i named all of these. by Ezra on 12-06-2007 at 07:07 PM

iTunes can do that, or any other ID3 Editor

RE: Ok, i named all of these. by Spunky on 12-06-2007 at 07:35 PM

You could also script something (doesn't need to be MP!L script) to edit the ID3 Tags to the same as the filename (minus track number and extension if you need to)

RE: Ok, i named all of these. by Quantum on 12-06-2007 at 08:08 PM

Ok, i have ID3-TagIT and i want to change the filenames to the track names. How to i go about doing that?

RE: Ok, i named all of these. by user13774 on 12-06-2007 at 09:01 PM

On the left, browse to your song dir --> select the songs in the middle part --> right click on them --> select Tag Ver 1 functions --> Filename to Tag Ver 1. (Not sure if iTunes/iPod supports files with only ID3v2)

[Image: clipboard02lr1.png]

Then you have to provide the pattern of the filename which should be used to fill in the tags of the mp3 files. It is explained in ID3-TagIT

Post 1111 :gfdrin:

RE: Ok, i named all of these. by zach on 12-06-2007 at 09:57 PM

Did you rename 300 song's filenames manually only to realise it's the ID tags that the iPod reads?

RE: Ok, i named all of these. by Quantum on 12-06-2007 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
Did you rename 300 song's filenames manually only to realise it's the ID tags that the iPod reads?

Yes :(

Anyway i got it. Thanks alot for all your help (Y)