Shoutbox

Webcam and audio recorder - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Webcam and audio recorder (/showthread.php?tid=79726)

Webcam and audio recorder by Jimbo on 12-07-2007 at 09:24 PM

I wanna make some ipod touch videos on youtube, so i need a good webcam and audio recorder, anyone got a good one?

RE: Webcam and audio recorder by djdannyp on 12-07-2007 at 10:16 PM

Any webcam will do it really, most nowadays are a pretty decent standard...Logitech are generally the best brand.  I've had mine for around 6 years and could still record video on it of a decent standard nowadays!

You could also use the video function of a digital camera or a mobile phone rather than buying something else

RE: Webcam and audio recorder by albert on 12-08-2007 at 12:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Any webcam will do it really, most nowadays are a pretty decent standard...Logitech are generally the best brand.  I've had mine for around 6 years and could still record video on it of a decent standard nowadays!

You could also use the video function of a digital camera or a mobile phone rather than buying something else

From what I understand he has the equipement, he's looking for a software to be able to record it..
RE: Webcam and audio recorder by djdannyp on 12-08-2007 at 12:44 AM

if it's a big name webcam (logitech, microsoft, etc) then there'll probably be some kind of software studio you can download for creating videos

if not then windows movie maker can record direct from webcam

or alternatively use the webcam preview window (Found in My Computer) and then use a screen recorder such as Bulent screen recorder......or any other free one (a quick google search for "free screen recorder" will turn up plenty of results)

hope this helps

RE: Webcam and audio recorder by Jimbo on 12-08-2007 at 05:59 PM

quote:
if it's a big name webcam (logitech, microsoft, etc) then there'll probably be some kind of software studio you can download for creating videos

if not then windows movie maker can record direct from webcam

or alternatively use the webcam preview window (Found in My Computer) and then use a screen recorder such as Bulent screen recorder......or any other free one (a quick google search for "free screen recorder" will turn up plenty of results)

hope this helps
But for some reason windows movie maker doesnt pick my cam up, everything else does though, it might because its an apple isight. And btw im on vista. And i want a webcam and audio recorder, not a screen recorder
RE: Webcam and audio recorder by djdannyp on 12-08-2007 at 07:13 PM

If Windows Movie Maker doesn't recognise it, try installing the latest drivers

A screen recorder with audio support WILL act as a webcam and audio recorder......you can preview the webcam in a My Computer window, and the programme will record that selection, plus any sound coming through whichever channel you select (presumably the 'microphone' one)

RE: Webcam and audio recorder by Jimbo on 12-08-2007 at 07:31 PM

quote:
If Windows Movie Maker doesn't recognise it, try installing the latest drivers

A screen recorder with audio support WILL act as a webcam and audio recorder......you can preview the webcam in a My Computer window, and the programme will record that selection, plus any sound coming through whichever channel you select (presumably the 'microphone' one)
I cant find the isight vista drivers, but wlm still picks it up but nothing else does

RE: Webcam and audio recorder by Chunk1993 on 12-08-2007 at 07:32 PM

Vista Movie Maker doesn't record from webcam anymore. ^o)

RE: Webcam and audio recorder by Jimbo on 12-08-2007 at 07:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chunk1993
Vista Movie Maker doesn't record from webcam anymore. ^o)
Read the thread -.-