Shoutbox

what is really going on? I get messages from a blocked contact... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: what is really going on? I get messages from a blocked contact... (/showthread.php?tid=79729)

what is really going on? I get messages from a blocked contact... by usser on 12-07-2007 at 10:07 PM

what is really going on? I get messages from a blocked contact...

RE: what is really going on? I get messages from a blocked contact... by Quantum on 12-07-2007 at 10:34 PM

What version of windows live messenger are you using (probably a beta).

Do you have any ad-ones installed? 

RE: what is really going on? I get messages from a blocked contact... by MeEtc on 12-07-2007 at 11:00 PM

If you have StuffPlug installed with WLM 8.1, and the 'allow talking to blocked contacts' option checked, this might be a cause

RE: what is really going on? I get messages from a blocked contact... by Zahid™ on 12-08-2007 at 10:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
If you have StuffPlug installed with WLM 8.1, and the 'allow talking to blocked contacts' option checked, this might be
No i don't think so, that lets you talk to someone who you blocked.
RE: what is really going on? I get messages from a blocked contact... by CookieRevised on 12-08-2007 at 10:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by usser
what is really going on? I get messages from a blocked contact...
The servers are having hickups.... This happens a lot lately.

The stuff you do on your contactlist (adding and removing people, (un)blocking, etc) needs to get send to the servers. Lately there are some lags with that and it might happen that your Messenger says a contact is blocked while in fact the "block this contact" message hasn't recieved the switchboard servers yet, etc....

Don't worry about it too much.
You coud always try to delete your contacts' cache, but I doubt this will fix it permanently.