Shoutbox

Recording Issuse - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Recording Issuse (/showthread.php?tid=79738)

Recording Issuse by Yuri on 12-08-2007 at 03:53 AM

Hi, so when I go to record sounds, the volume slider is greyed out so I can't mess with that, and the pull down menu for changing the input isn't there anymore.. it was there the other day but now it's not.. I have no idea what I've done differently..

RE: Recording Issuse by vikke on 12-08-2007 at 08:39 AM

Make sure your microphone is plugged into your computer, and the appropriate drivers are installed. If it's not working, but you have plugged it in, there might be an issue with the drivers. If there's an driver issue, I'll be glad to help.

RE: Recording Issuse by CookieRevised on 12-08-2007 at 09:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Yuri
Hi, so when I go to record sounds, the volume slider is greyed out so I can't mess with that, and the pull down menu for changing the input isn't there anymore.. it was there the other day but now it's not.. I have no idea what I've done differently..
Have you installed anything lately in regards to media, or programs which can play sounds or anything like that?

This because if those recording options in Plus! are grayed out it means your default system recording device is disabled, by something.

Plus! uses the default system recording device for recording sounds. So, if that isn't available, Plus! wont be able to find it and will gray out those options.

Also, depending on how you (or another program) have set up the recording device in Windows, the dropdown button will contain some options or not. eg: if you only have a webcam as input device then the dropdown button would be useless as a webcam only has one input.

---

To change/check the settings of your default recording device in Windows you need to go to your Windows Control Panel. There you select "Sounds and audio devices", and navigate to the "Audio" tab.

Under 'Sound Recording' select the proper input device. Also make sure that under 'volume' the proper mix is selected and enabled (which should be  "Stereo Mix", "Wave", "Wave Out Mix", or sometimes even "What U Hear", depending on what sounds drivers you have). Thus, enable all the input devices you want to use (eg: 'microphone' and 'stereo mix') and set their volume accordingly.

[Image: soundsdx4.png]

Also, it might indeed be that one of your sound drivers is acting up, or that some drivers has been removed by accident or an incompatible driver has been loaded by some program....
RE: Recording Issuse by Yuri on 12-08-2007 at 03:59 PM

First response: That's not my problem rofl.. mic works it's the other options that don't work.. like record what you hear.. so I can nab stuff from youtube.. that pulldown menu DOESN'T EXIST.

Second response: I'll tinker around and see what I can do.. I'm pretty sure I've already messed with any and all of those options.

Okay, I figured it out, my sister plugged in her bloody web cam and that threw everything off lol...