Shoutbox

[Release] Nightfall - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Release] Nightfall (/showthread.php?tid=79781)

[Release] Nightfall by vikke on 12-09-2007 at 07:21 AM

Hello guys! It's time for my first skin to get released.

Please add this one to the database as soon as possible, thanks.
THIS SKIN IS MADE FOR 8.5 ONLY.

[Image: download.gif]

Preview here:
[Image: picsl7.png]

RE: [Release] Nightfall by Menthix on 12-09-2007 at 07:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
Please add this one to the database as soon as possible
Please submit it as soon as possible: http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/submit/ :).
RE: RE: [Release] Nightfall by vikke on 12-09-2007 at 07:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by vikke
Please add this one to the database as soon as possible
Please submit it as soon as possible: http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/submit/ :).
Sorry, didn't find the page. :)
RE: [Release] Nightfall by Felu on 12-09-2007 at 07:33 AM

This is nice. I'd have used it if it supported WLM 9.0 too.

RE: [Release] Nightfall by absorbation on 12-09-2007 at 10:27 AM

Looking great, especially for a first skin.

RE: [Release] Nightfall by Shiny Rabbit on 12-09-2007 at 03:03 PM

only real problem i have with it is peoples names are very hard to read unless they are coloured

RE: [Release] Nightfall by sotong on 12-09-2007 at 03:29 PM

Great for a first timer, keep up the good work!
Too bad it doesn't support 9.0.

RE: [Release] Nightfall by tony on 12-09-2007 at 03:46 PM

Awesome skin i must say vikke :)

RE: [Release] Nightfall by albert on 12-09-2007 at 03:47 PM

I very much like it.. (Y)

RE: [Release] Nightfall by Eddie on 12-09-2007 at 03:49 PM

Looks great, but yet another 8.5 skin :( Im not a fan of the "dead" edges of sorts but it does look pretty nice with the gradient, nice job :)

RE: [Release] Nightfall by stuartbennett on 12-09-2007 at 05:49 PM

hi vikke, i like this skin however i found a problem, youve created skin options panel for allowing users to choose between blue, red, green and black however in the skin sky lines is a subfolder called OptionPanel in which you have to have a file called OptionPanel.xml without this folder and file there will not be any functionality to the options, i tested this and when you select any of the designs from the dropdown you get asked to restart messenger but it stays on the blue.

also the windows live messenger text on the toasts is black and against the blue and black versions you simply wont see that text at all, dont worry even i dont know how to get round that yet as soon as i know myself ill let you know, green and red might be ok but until you fix the options panel i cant test those modes.

im going to try your background instructions in a second but you went beyond that in your skin and id like to know how you did the other stuff too.

RE: [Release] Nightfall by Menthix on 12-09-2007 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i tested this and when you select any of the designs from the dropdown you get asked to restart messenger but it stays on the blue.
Changing color in Nightfall worked fine here. But you might want to try colorize to the skin so users can choose every color they want without building a separate option for each.

RE: RE: [Release] Nightfall by djdannyp on 12-09-2007 at 06:31 PM

quote:
in the skin sky lines is a subfolder called OptionPanel in which you have to have a file called OptionPanel.xml without this folder and file there will not be any functionality to the options

this is incorrect

The xml file is only needed for custom options panel.  Plus' skinning engine can create it's own default option panel for use with skins that doesn't require any advanced knowledge of creating windows or option styles, etc and simply offers the user a Boolean or Multi-Value option which can all be controlled from within SkinInfo.xml
RE: [Release] Nightfall by stuartbennett on 12-09-2007 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
in the skin sky lines is a subfolder called OptionPanel in which you have to have a file called OptionPanel.xml without this folder and file there will not be any functionality to the options

this is incorrect

The xml file is only needed for custom options panel.  Plus' skinning engine can create it's own default option panel for use with skins that doesn't require any advanced knowledge of creating windows or option styles, etc and simply offers the user a Boolean or Multi-Value option which can all be controlled from within SkinInfo.xml

oh ok all i know is when i went into the skins options window and selected one of the other colours i clicked ok was prompted to restart messenger i restarted messenger and nothing changed.
RE: [Release] Nightfall by Andylongi on 12-09-2007 at 08:22 PM

Great Job with this Skin its my favorite one! I`m just missing the contact search button and add a contact button.

RE: RE: [Release] Nightfall by vikke on 12-09-2007 at 08:30 PM

Thanks for all your feedback. I don't know what's wrong with the color settings, it works fine here, as well as on my other computer.

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
Great Job with this Skin its my favorite one! I`m just missing the contact search button and add a contact button.
Yeah, I had some trouble skinning it, expect it in the next version. ;)
RE: [Release] Nightfall by Voldemort on 12-10-2007 at 08:30 PM

Awesome skin, I shall use this one

RE: [Release] Nightfall by ampv24 on 12-11-2007 at 12:13 AM

Hey vikke! great skin! :D...

but, I'm having a little problem since I'm using it...

when I'm on a conversation window the font size is always 10... I change it to 8 (as I like it to be) and close the windows... but it is always on 10 for every conversation I open before that. I've tried everything (N)