Shoutbox

[request] Old windows live messenger beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Forum: Skin Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+------ Thread: [request] Old windows live messenger beta (/showthread.php?tid=79785)

[request] Old windows live messenger beta by freddy12 on 12-09-2007 at 08:08 AM

Would anyone be interested in making a skin looking like one of the old beta builds of 8  i really liked this UI

RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by RebelSean on 12-09-2007 at 08:12 AM

There are some old school skins that are in the works Freddy, I'm sure you're going to love them when they're officially released :).

RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by aNILEator on 12-09-2007 at 08:20 AM

There are plans to re-create the looks of MSN 7.5, WLM8 Beta1 (the orange tablet-y one) and maybe even the looks of other messengers such as Yahoo

RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by freddy12 on 12-09-2007 at 08:25 AM

Super :) cant wait

RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by sotong on 12-09-2007 at 03:32 PM

Looking forward to the WLM 8.0 beta 1 skin, really loved the orange layout, sadly the messenger team abandoned it :(

RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by Oxy on 12-09-2007 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
the orange tablet-y one
The one i most want tbh. :D
RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by tony on 12-09-2007 at 05:39 PM

Well, that one is comming soon ;)

[Image: wlmae0.png] 

[Image: wlm2vc5.png]

:gfdrin:

RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by Jimbo on 12-09-2007 at 05:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tony

[Image: wlmae0.png]  [Image: wlm2vc5.png]

HOT!!! When lol?
RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by Oxy on 12-09-2007 at 07:58 PM

quote:

[Image: wlmae0.png] 

[Image: wlm2vc5.png]

Weren't the tabs sticking out? couldn't you stick it out using <Rectangle>?
RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by freak544 on 12-09-2007 at 08:47 PM

I just tried to make a skin and sorta got lost trying to make one

Is there anywhere I can get a basic skin with all the parts you can edit

I also liked the orange bar skin and I dunno why they scraped it

:)

RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by tony on 12-09-2007 at 08:51 PM

Well you can always import any skin you like and see how is it build, then you can replace it with your own images and learn.

edit; thanks :P

RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by freak544 on 12-09-2007 at 08:52 PM

Wow i never thought of that one its just a case of picking one of the skins to edit

I will start off with a simple skin first and see how that turns out

RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by warmth on 12-13-2007 at 01:38 PM

quote:
script you like and see how is it build, then you can replace it with your own images and learn.
Signature removed by some guy
SKIN***

quote:
Originally posted by freddy12
Would anyone be interested in making a skin looking like one of the old beta builds of 8  i really liked this UI
I invite you to see my skin (is in development atm)... ;) tid=79786
RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by Voldemort on 12-14-2007 at 12:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
I invite you to see my skin (is in development atm)...

I must say warmth, with all due respect, that tony's skin owns yours.
RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by Matti on 12-15-2007 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Oxy
Weren't the tabs sticking out? couldn't you stick it out using <Rectangle>?
In theory, I think it's possible to use Plus!' "shaping" thingy to actually do that, yes!

Come on, tony! At least give that a try! :D
RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by tony on 12-15-2007 at 05:45 PM

I only got one day off from work, that's why the progress is SO slow. also school is killing me :banana:

RE: [request] Old windows live messenger beta by freak544 on 12-15-2007 at 08:06 PM

Yeah shaping a windo is easy but its just the case of padding it so it fits in the shape in which I have no idea to pad it