Shoutbox

[New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) (/showthread.php?tid=79786)

[New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by warmth on 12-09-2007 at 08:35 AM

[Image: q9xxt5xf-OSM_1.2_br_logon_CL.png][Image: mv1hwv3c-OSM_1.2_convo_toast.jpg]

Skin Title: Old School Messenger
Current Version: 1.2
Description: Don't like the new Vista Aspect of WLM 8.5/9??? Downgrade its look to a previous MSNM/WLM version!!!
Author: warmth (Special Thanks To Willz)
Idea/Requested by: aNILEator and RebelSean
Compatible with: WLM 8.5 / SP 3.5
Download: here or here

IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER VERSION INSTALLED, PLEASE UNINSTALL IT BEFORE INSTALLING THIS VERSION
(TO PREVENT LEFTOVERS FROM THE OLD)

MSNM/WLM look versions available inside the skin:
1. 8.0.0812/8.1.0178

Skin options:
1. Translucent Dashboard [Screenshot] (As a request of roytam1)

Future ideas:
1. Makeover of the current version
2. Bring the option of WLM 8.0.0566 Beta skin (with this second skin I will do a MP!L skin option to you select with of the skins of Old School Messenger do you wanna use)
3. Give compatibility with WLM 9
4. Try to get involved with MSNM versions like 7.5

Known limitations:
1. If you select in convo's menu to show up menu bar... there isn't way to go back cause WLM developer team took off that option from WLM 8.5 (if someone knows how to fix this without leave the menu button when you show up menu bar please PM me)
2. I can set the min size of convo's send and search buttons but it doesn't constrain. So if you resize the text box you will see the search button dissapear.
3. Moving infobar makes WLM to crash. I did a trick to duplicate it, but the WLM infobar didn't moved, just the new MP!L feature of display events in infobar got moved.

Known bugs/graphic issues:
1. Inktotext buttons Background is white and don't get colorized.
2. Because the input box size bug if you collapse to much the box the search bottun dissapear.
3. Toasts are in its beginning stage.
4. The other windows haven't been touched yet.

Changelog:
19/12/2007 - 1.2
- Convos Ready (pending move the infobar).
- Many internal changes.
- Included .reg files

18/12/2007 - 1.2 Beta 2
- Added Translucent Dashboard option.

13/12/2007 - 1.2 Beta Refresh
- Several changes in convos, but still not ready yet.

13/12/2007 - 1.2 Beta
- Contact list look and functionality must be perfect now.
- Several internal changes to Logon screen, now is even better.
- Convos are in development and every time are getting more and more similar.

07/12/2007 - 1.1.5
- Contact list is almost done.

06/12/2007 - 1.1
- Logon Screen now is perfect.
- Contact List look has been improved.
- Minor fixes.

05/12/2007 - 1.0
- First Release.

RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.1.5 by RebelSean on 12-09-2007 at 08:51 AM

Quick note, if the first download link you supplied was the attachment in the BETA forum, it's not going to let users access it unless they have access to the BETA forum :).

RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.1.5 by warmth on 12-09-2007 at 09:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
Quick note, if the first download link you supplied was the attachment in the BETA forum, it's not going to let users access it unless they have access to the BETA forum :).
Thanks for the tip my friend... my bad... I will update it in the next release ;)... that is gonna be in a few days...
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.1.5 by freddy12 on 12-09-2007 at 09:03 AM

One problem ive noticed is the convo window top part is to dark, Cant see the writing properly

RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.1.5 by warmth on 12-09-2007 at 09:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by freddy12
One problem ive noticed is the convo window top part is to dark, Cant see the writing properly
Yes my friend... convos aren't finished yet... don't worry I'm working on it... must be done for next friday... I was very dedicated to the logon screen and the contact list... but the other windows will be updated progressively in next releases.... and when I get finished this one... I will go for 8.0 beta 1 ;)!!!

Note: if you see my PSM in my signature picture... you will notice that I'm now in version 1.1.9 so many changes has been done after the release you already have...
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.1.5 by RebelSean on 12-09-2007 at 09:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
quote:
Thanks for the tip my friend... my bad... I will update it in the next release ;)... that is gonna be in a few days...

Or you could simply edit your first post in this thread and attach the plsk file, and remove the link to the BETA forum :S.
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.1.5 by warmth on 12-09-2007 at 09:14 AM

quote:
Or you could simply edit your first post in this thread and attach the plsk file, and remove the link to the BETA forum :S.
:P yes... the problem is that I don't have the 1.1.5 version anymore... and I don't wanna download it to upload it again...

don't worry version 1.2 is almost ready... just give me a few days and I will post it there ;)!!!
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.1.5 by freddy12 on 12-09-2007 at 09:23 AM

quote:
quote:
:P yes... the problem is that I don't have the 1.1.5 version anymore... and I don't wanna download it to upload it again...

don't worry version 1.2 is almost ready... just give me a few days and I will post it there ;)!!!
If you need someone to test it out and give you some feed back ill be happy to help mate
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.1.5 by kth6 on 12-09-2007 at 09:24 AM

Hmm, the skin does not respect messenger settings. I have set my tabs to be on the right, but with this skin, it's always on the left. ads are also showing up (as in forced show).

RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.1.5 by raghav on 12-09-2007 at 10:18 AM

Nice but i wanna see someone make something better than ev0 3 :P .

RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.1.5 by absorbation on 12-09-2007 at 10:25 AM

Looking good. I know some people hate the uninspired Vista look of 8.5 :P.

RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.1.5 by warmth on 12-09-2007 at 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kth6
Hmm, the skin does not respect messenger settings. I have set my tabs to be on the right, but with this skin, it's always on the left. ads are also showing up (as in forced show).
I can't understand what are you talking about... are you modifying my skin??? what tabs are you talking about MP!L ones or WLM ones???

quote:
Originally posted by raghav
Nice but i wanna see someone make something better than ev0 3 :P .
:P jajajaja so you like more the future... don't worry I will have a some other projects... just wait for them...

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Looking good. I know some people hate the uninspired Vista look of 8.5 :P.
this is dedicated to them :$!!!
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 beta by warmth on 12-13-2007 at 09:37 AM

I have released a beta (see my first post)... I need that people test it and give me feedbacks about the two windows ready (Logon Screen and Contact list)... thanks in advance for it...

and remember that the other windows aren't ready yet... but if you wanna say something... do it...

RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 beta by Oxy on 12-13-2007 at 10:58 AM

9.0 compatibilty needed. :(

RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 beta by warmth on 12-13-2007 at 11:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Oxy
9.0 compatibilty needed. :(
Oxy trust me... if there is someone that wanna give that compatibility is me...

but I'm the one accused leakers and is kidda unfair that I judged them and now I would be using it without be a WML 9 beta tester... :(

the second reason is that I don't wanna give this compatibility to my skin until it gets completed... so can be matter of change ids and small stuffs...

sorry about it :(...
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 beta by ShawnZ on 12-13-2007 at 01:23 PM

can people stop using imageshack's my.php for fucks sake ¬¬

RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 beta by warmth on 12-13-2007 at 01:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
why??? you can't see my screenshots???

RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 beta by Eddie on 12-13-2007 at 02:15 PM

quote:
quote:
why??? you can't see my screenshots???
Just get the direct link and use the forums codes to change it into thumbnails, saves the dodgy adverts and stuff.
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 beta by warmth on 12-13-2007 at 05:31 PM

As you guys requested I made new screenshots without using imageshack.us... and took advantage of it to do a beta refresh... cause I already did some major changes to the convo look...

Please see first post for more info... and I hope someone can help me with the bugs I'm having...

RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by ShawnZ on 12-14-2007 at 02:04 AM

quote:
As you guys requested I made new screenshots without using imageshack.us...

it doesn't matter if you use imageshack, but link to the actual image instead of "my.php"
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by warmth on 12-14-2007 at 10:34 AM

quote:
it doesn't matter if you use imageshack, but link to the actual image instead of "my.php"
Don't worry I actually like more this way...
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by roytam1 on 12-17-2007 at 11:36 AM

Nice skin.;)
* roytam1 wants a light upper background.

RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by warmth on 12-17-2007 at 01:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roytam1
Nice skin.;)
Thanks mate...

what you mean with upper background??? wich window are you talking about??? keep in mind that I'm trying to reproduce the exact look of WLM 8.0/8.1...
RE: RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by roytam1 on 12-17-2007 at 02:10 PM

quote:
quote:
Nice skin.;)
Thanks mate...

what you mean with upper background??? wich window are you talking about??? keep in mind that I'm trying to reproduce the exact look of WLM 8.0/8.1...
it's 20062.png
* roytam1 patches WLM 8.0 with mess patch because of the light upper background(Translucent Dashboard) only.
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by warmth on 12-17-2007 at 02:23 PM

quote:
it's 20062.png
* roytam1 patches WLM 8.0 with mess patch because of the light upper background(Translucent Dashboard) only.
Mate I think you are a little confused... ID=20062 is the border of the contact lista (CL) and Logon screen windows... what I understood of what you said after you are taling about the convo's top background... cause I remember that feature in Mess Patch... what I must say is that my skin is just a skin no a new messenger... so if you patch it maybe you could screw things up a little bit... cause actually remember you are running WLM 8.5 no WLM 8.0/8.1... and you can't patch a WLM 8.5 with a WLM 8.0/8.1 patch... maybe in some future... I could add an option to my skin to select that bg as if you were patched it... but no for now my friend cause actually I haven't finished the current one yet... sorry about it :(
RE: RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by roytam1 on 12-17-2007 at 03:06 PM

quote:
Mate I think you are a little confused... ID=20062 is the border of the contact lista (CL) and Logon screen windows... what I understood of what you said after you are taling about the convo's top background... cause I remember that feature in Mess Patch... what I must say is that my skin is just a skin no a new messenger... so if you patch it maybe you could screw things up a little bit... cause actually remember you are running WLM 8.5 no WLM 8.0/8.1... and you can't patch a WLM 8.5 with a WLM 8.0/8.1 patch... maybe in some future... I could add an option to my skin to select that bg as if you were patched it... but no for now my friend cause actually I haven't finished the current one yet... sorry about it :(
nvm
* roytam1 is looking forward to a more complete version.:D
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by warmth on 12-17-2007 at 03:22 PM

quote:
please check my first post to know my future plans and known bugs/graphic issues of my skin... there you will get overall idea...

Suggestion: extract resources of the messpatched WLM 8.1 with the bg top option you want and post the image here in forum... that would help me to do things faster...
RE: RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.1.5 by kth6 on 12-18-2007 at 05:19 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kth6
I can't understand what are you talking about... are you modifying my skin??? what tabs are you talking about MP!L ones or WLM ones???

Hmm, remember sth called 'Mess Patch" that switched WLM tabs to the right?
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by roytam1 on 12-18-2007 at 09:49 AM

quote:
quote:
please check my first post to know my future plans and known bugs/graphic issues of my skin... there you will get overall idea...

Suggestion: extract resources of the messpatched WLM 8.1 with the bg top option you want and post the image here in forum... that would help me to do things faster...
* roytam1 can't find 4000 -> 20062 in my WLM 8.0.
* roytam1 provides a screenshot that shows the differences between his patched 8.0 and Old School Skin 1.2 with hand made ad-free patched.
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by warmth on 12-18-2007 at 12:05 PM

:P now I have understand you...

can you please tell me the exact MessPatch string for this patch??? (I mean how they call it in the patch menu)

maybe I will put an option for this in my next release ;)!!! thanks for your time to make the screenshot...

ADVICE: use the /me command always is kinda of annoying my friend... use it no so frequently...

RE: RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by roytam1 on 12-18-2007 at 01:47 PM

quote:
:P now I have understand you...

can you please tell me the exact MessPatch string for this patch??? (I mean how they call it in the patch menu)

maybe I will put an option for this in my next release ;)!!! thanks for your time to make the screenshot...

ADVICE: use the /me command always is kinda of annoying my friend... use it no so frequently...

It is called "Translucent Dashboard" in mess patch.

And I got your advice.;)
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by warmth on 12-18-2007 at 04:27 PM

quote:
It is called "Translucent Dashboard"
thanks for the info my friend... when I get some free time I will finish the new version and add this option...
RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by warmth on 12-19-2007 at 12:16 AM

quote:
Done!!! Hope you enjoy it!!! (check the first post)
RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by warmth on 12-19-2007 at 06:37 AM

Well you guys... finally I have finished the convos look... I'm a bit dissapointed cause I wasn't able to move the infobar to the old place... but I'm researching a way of do it... toast and all the other minor windows must be ready for next release... I hope you enjoy this one... and please let me know if something goes wrong for you... thanks for your support...

Note: I'm just sending the plsk file to skin db...

RE: RE: [Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 Beta Refresh by roytam1 on 12-19-2007 at 10:38 AM

quote:
quote:
Done!!! Hope you enjoy it!!! (check the first post)
Great!(Y)(Y)
RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Screeny² on 12-22-2007 at 10:49 PM

Very nice Skin. :)
Unfortunately, I'm way to addicted to the new stuff WLM 9.0 BETA brings, so I'll have to wait for compatibility to it

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by warmth on 12-22-2007 at 11:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Screeny²
Very nice Skin. :)
Unfortunately, I'm way to addicted to the new stuff WLM 9.0 BETA brings, so I'll have to wait for compatibility to it
Thanks mate... You will have to wait a bit for it... sorry but I decided to no update my skins until WLM 9 comes as a public beta...

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by tony on 01-05-2008 at 04:58 PM

warmth, is there any way to get the conversation window look exactly like the contact list? (i mean like the dark background at the top)

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Basilis on 01-05-2008 at 10:16 PM

Are you sure there are any changes? I downloaded the .plsk and it was the same as the one I have downloaded two weeks ago. There was just one option.

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Voldemort on 01-05-2008 at 10:33 PM

are you sure its not your cache?

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by warmth on 01-10-2008 at 01:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Are you sure there are any changes? I downloaded the .plsk and it was the same as the one I have downloaded two weeks ago. There was just one option.
Yes my friend I am very sure... just delete your temp files and try again...

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer@StuffPlug Forums
Finally!
After about two months of hard work finishing up all the rough edges on the stuffplug code I had back then, it's finally ready to be released!
First and foremost, it's now compatible with WLM 8.5!
Obviously he is talking about the new StuffPlug 3.5... and I can proudly announce that my skin is 100% compatible with ALL the features of SP3.5 :D
(actually the new "Proper Colorization" feature do a kind of Translucent Dashboard effect... but with both option enable a new look comes around :P)
RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Voldemort on 01-10-2008 at 02:06 AM

quote:
I can proudly announce that my skin is 100% compatible with ALL the features of SP3.5
Why wouldn't it be?
RE: RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by deAd on 01-10-2008 at 02:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
I can proudly announce that my skin is 100% compatible with ALL the features of SP3.5
Why wouldn't it be?
If any of the elements SP3 tries to find were renamed SP3 wouldn't be able to function correctly.
RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by warmth on 01-10-2008 at 02:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
If any of the elements SP3 tries to find were renamed SP3 wouldn't be able to function correctly.
You're right ;)... and maybe some graphic design issues can appear (like for example the problem Willz is having with the SP convo button) with some SP features...
RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Justin on 01-18-2008 at 03:00 AM

I realllllllly dumb question to ask, but how do i hide the menu bars with this skin enabled?

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by warmth on 01-18-2008 at 03:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JustIncredible
I realllllllly dumb question to ask, but how do i hide the menu bars with this skin enabled?
mate... if you read the first post you will see that there is a limitation about it... sorry but if you click "show menu" with the skin enabled you will have to take off the skin to hide the menu... and then enable it again...

WLM developer team take off the option of hide menu so I can't create it now... but I'm searching for a solution about it... sorry about that my friend...
RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by ahmetgns on 01-20-2008 at 04:35 PM

I started to use this skin and the first thing I noticed is the "show menu" bug. And fortunately I found a way to hide the menu via registry without the need of disabling&enabling the skin.

Start>Run...>regedit and Enter.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>MSN Messenger>MainFrameHidden

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>MSN Messenger>PerPassportSettings>Your MSN_ID>IMFrameHidden

You will see those keys' values as 00 00 00 00. What you have to do is changing their values to 00 00 00 01 and reopening windows. (You don't need exit Messenger, just send contact list to systray then restore it.)

Apart from this it is a good skin warmth. If you want, explain this method in your first post.

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by warmth on 01-20-2008 at 06:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
"show menu" bug
actually as I said before is not a bug is a limitation of the imitate old messenger client with WLM 8.5/9.x... but thank you very much for the info... this gave me a very good idea... I will try to do it and see what happens... and If it does... I will add it to the next release... ;)
RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by aaa3 on 02-04-2008 at 10:53 PM

omg i like this skin!! ;)

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by warmth on 02-05-2008 at 04:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aaa3
omg i like this skin!! ;)
Thanks :P stay tunned for new releases within the next few months!!!

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Morpheus on 03-25-2008 at 12:15 PM

You should create mess.be patch features...
I dont use this skin just beacuse of this! :(
ADS SUCK!

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Eddie on 03-25-2008 at 01:58 PM

If a skin has added options inside the skin to remove adverts they will not be accepted into the official skins database, check the skin file in C:/Program Files/Messenger Plus Live/Skins [link may vary] for a special .reg to remove adverts, but be aware that not all skins have this extra thing *-)

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by warmth on 03-25-2008 at 04:49 PM

* warmth says do what Eddie said :P!!!

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by santiagollo on 05-09-2008 at 03:25 PM

I have to say it's the coolest skin idea anyone's ever had.. Now the thing is that (and it happens in all the skins i tryed) it shows the publicity, the info bar and some other stuff i had deleted using mess.be patch.. :^) Wouldn't it be possible to add a configuration menu like i've seen on some other skins and there add the feature to remove them or something of the sort?

It's a great skin taking the above mentioned aside. Plus, it's great to have some southamericans doing great work man  (i'm from uruguay btw (H))

RE: RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by warmth on 05-09-2008 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by santiagollo
I have to say it's the coolest skin idea anyone's ever had.. Now the thing is that (and it happens in all the skins i tryed) it shows the publicity, the info bar and some other stuff i had deleted using mess.be patch.. :^) Wouldn't it be possible to add a configuration menu like i've seen on some other skins and there add the feature to remove them or something of the sort?

It's a great skin taking the above mentioned aside. Plus, it's great to have some southamericans doing great work man  (i'm from uruguay btw (H))
Thank you mate... I putted so much effort to make it perfectly equal to the real version... but is not finished yet... sadly I have no time now to do it... but I have lots of plans for this skin in the future...

Publicity delete option is already available but hidden... try searching in the forums about it... and try searching in the OSM skin folder too... the other options will be added in next version... but I can not tell you when that will be released... cause I am very busy finishing my engineer degree right now...

All I can see is wait for it... I will do that you don't waste your wait time!!! trust me...
RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by santiagollo on 05-10-2008 at 04:23 PM

I'm sure it won't dissapoint us! It must be so cool to do somehting like this on you free time (if you have any..) and see how people respond positively..

Well I found the hidden option, it took me a while to realize what you ment by OSM,(dah!) but i found it..  jajaja.. The only thing still to personlize is removing the info bar on the contact list window and the space left by the publicity in the convos, and adding the "always on top" button on both windows and the exit button in the contact list window, which i miss, but i'm asking for to much, ain't i? Those are minor datails anyway..

As i said before, great job. I'm doing the same carrer as you, and i know it can be very demanding, to the extend of not being able to do anything else. Good luck on that! ;)

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by warmth on 07-14-2008 at 07:13 PM

Well guys, time has come... last thursday I had my thesis defence and now I have some free time now!!!

* warmth has returned to skin everything he can!!!

wait for some good news in this project soon...

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by cathyy on 03-12-2009 at 02:39 PM

Will you be re-doing this skin again for WLM 9.0? I hate the looks of WLM 8.5 & 9.0, while I really really love the simplistic look of 8.0!

I would really appreciate it if you make an updated version of this skin. =)

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by warmth on 03-12-2009 at 06:09 PM

Is almost imposible to do it because all the changes... but I will try in my free time to do something very similar for people like you that like this one ;)... wait a bit that a get a free time and you will see something :P

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by cathyy on 03-13-2009 at 03:21 AM

Darn, all right. Thanks. =]

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Applepig on 03-28-2009 at 09:51 AM

Thanks for your work!

Wait to see support for new version.

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Johnnaris on 06-09-2009 at 02:17 AM

Thanks for sharing. It's great.

simulation credit

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by katrinav on 06-09-2009 at 03:52 PM

simulation rachat de credit
great! 8-|can't wait! 

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by SergeantCross8 on 06-10-2009 at 01:04 AM

This was one of my favs on 8.5. i hope it becomes compatible with 9

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Nicklos on 07-08-2009 at 06:52 AM

Please please please try to make this compatible with 9.0 please!!!

Thankyou for your work and hope you can make it, the new looks make me sick +o(+o(+o(

Really miss the old looks :(

RE: RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by skribb on 09-16-2009 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nicklos
Please please please try to make this compatible with 9.0 please!!!

Thankyou for your work and hope you can make it, the new looks make me sick +o(+o(+o(

Really miss the old looks :(

I concur
RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by RegisteredUser on 09-17-2009 at 09:50 AM

Is there an updated version out there for 2009? I really really despise the 2009 looks, it is far too bright! far too gaudy and intense. Please let me know if there will be a 2009 version thanks!.

I imagine someone out there could convert the works if the original author Warmth does not want to. I have looked into the SkinInfo.xml and compared the differences, they appear to be convertable it'd just take a lot of time (and for me, a LOT of time) I am not quite organized enough to do it myself but it can be done ;)

RE: RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by RegisteredUser on 09-17-2009 at 10:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jansku99
I HATE Microsoft more than ever now! They FORCED to use "new" CRAPPY version of Messenger... 9.0 is crap, please make this GOOD old style work on 9.0... Please...:(:|

I agree whole heartedly, I almost stopped using MSN all together because of this arm twisting forceful behavior. I'd almost be happy just going with Ubuntu and never buying another Microsoft product over it, yes... I love my old messenger that much.

but hang in there I'm sure someone with scripting genius can fix it :D...

i .. "can" but it'd take me several weeks I am sure >.>
RE: RE: RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by skribb on 09-17-2009 at 08:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RegisteredUser
quote:
Originally posted by Jansku99
I HATE Microsoft more than ever now! They FORCED to use "new" CRAPPY version of Messenger... 9.0 is crap, please make this GOOD old style work on 9.0... Please...:(:|

I agree whole heartedly, I almost stopped using MSN all together because of this arm twisting forceful behavior. I'd almost be happy just going with Ubuntu and never buying another Microsoft product over it, yes... I love my old messenger that much.

but hang in there I'm sure someone with scripting genius can fix it :D...

i .. "can" but it'd take me several weeks I am sure >.>

Tell me how and I might just do it. I'm sick of having my eyes bleed :-#
RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Chronia on 11-06-2009 at 07:03 AM

I agree with everyone. I'm BEGGING you release a version for 2009. I really freaking hate the forced upgrade and can not stand the new look and re-arrangement from the original and, imo better version! Why they keep changing it when there was nothing wrong with the original look I don't know. I can't stand how the contact pictures have been moved, how your chat window now has bullets for conversation (without a way to turn them off), how the custom background doesn't apply to the whole window but applies to the background of the conversation section of the window instead (a complete reversal that doesn't make a shred of sense, I mean wtf? why put it behind the message so that it's harder to read?), and the stupid glowing colours around the contact pictures is more annoying than helpful.

So I agree with what everyone prior to me has said and am PLEADING with you to upgrade the skin for 2009 so we can all have back the messenger we know and love the look and feel of.

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Chris4 on 11-06-2009 at 07:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chronia
I can't stand how the contact pictures have been moved, how your chat window now has bullets for conversation (without a way to turn them off)
Use Avalon Concept script to modify the appearance, such as get rid of the bullets..

quote:
how the custom background doesn't apply to the whole window but applies to the background of the conversation section of the window instead
Same as above, Avalon Concept will allow you to set a background for the whole chat window and/or contacts window... or use a skin.

quote:
and the stupid glowing colours around the contact pictures is more annoying than helpful
I don't see a problem with them :S Helps distinguish who is online/busy/away/offline rather than having the old 'buddy' system. But once again, you can any of the comparible skins if you don't like the appearance.
RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Chronia on 11-06-2009 at 07:51 AM

Ah perfect! Thank you!

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by snake3y3s on 11-06-2009 at 12:08 PM

OLD SCHOOL MESSENGER....HOW I MISS THEE!

Please someone get hold of warmth and get him to make a 2009 version of this.

the new Messenger BLOWS BALLS!!!

moving the icons on the chat panel to the LEFT?!?! O_O WTF are u thinking Micro$oft?? its been on the right side of the chat panel for YEARS! now you want it on the left? FFS...at least give us a option on where WE would like it...

also on the chat panel...I have to CONSTANTLY set the icons to small.
I WANT TO SET it ONCE TO SMALL...not 500000000X10201021 times for EVERY USER O_O

sigh...new messenger fails BAD

someone get me oldschool :(

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by golyoka on 11-06-2009 at 01:34 PM

someone can do this skin to new messenger?
the new is very very bad, i hate it!!!

RE: [New Release] Old School Messenger 1.2 (with options) by Kotsolis on 11-16-2009 at 01:31 PM

I have version 2009 (Build 14). Are you going to release a new version to be compatible? I'm done with this awful default skin!