Shoutbox

[Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? (/showthread.php?tid=79795)

[Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by Felu on 12-09-2007 at 11:46 AM

In the small box while browsing the skins database, add another row for compatibility info? So I don't have to see all of the skins but open up only those which are compatible with my version of messenger...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=871413]

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by John Anderton on 12-09-2007 at 12:33 PM

While you're at it, remove the "Share this skin with a friend! Send them this link:". Its just meaningless. We do have address bars :(

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by aNILEator on 12-09-2007 at 12:37 PM

and annoying only having the name as a link, the photo should act as a link in database and in skin page link to large shot imo

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by Eddie on 12-09-2007 at 12:44 PM

And is it just me or is the preview image there slightly falling out of its designated box?

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by Eljay on 12-09-2007 at 12:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
and annoying only having the name as a link, the photo should act as a link in database and in skin page link to large shot imo

completely agree (Y)
RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by Menthix on 12-09-2007 at 01:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
In the small box while browsing the skins database, add another row for compatibility info?
Will do that later.

quote:
annoying only having the name as a link
The entire right side already links to details page. Personally i like the ability to see the screenshots without having to load the details page for every skin.
RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by aNILEator on 12-09-2007 at 01:42 PM

I can't use my middle click to open them all in tabs, i have to use the name :P

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by Felu on 12-09-2007 at 01:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
And is it just me or is the preview image there slightly falling out of its designated box?
Yea I just noticed that...
RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by ahmetgns on 12-16-2007 at 07:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
annoying only having the name as a link
The entire right side already links to details page. Personally i like the ability to see the screenshots without having to load the details page for every skin.
Then can you extend that clickable whole right side option at the homepage of skins as well, then you can make "More Featured Skins >" sentence a seperate link in that area, just like the seperate link to the shot on the image thee. Is it clear :(? It is annoying really because we don't have a clickable big part on the homepage.

quote:
I can't use my middle click to open them all in tabs, i have to use the name :P
What does it mean?
RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by aNILEator on 12-16-2007 at 11:40 AM

I can only middle click on the name to open the skin page in a new tabbed window on firefox/ie7 etc

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by ahmetgns on 12-16-2007 at 02:10 PM

quote:
I can only middle click on the name to open the skin page in a new tabbed window on firefox/ie7 etc
Still I couldn't get what the problem is (if any)... whatever.

You can right click on the name then choose "Open in new tab" in both browsers.

If you are on a laptop, pressing both left and right buttons may act as middle click, search the options of touch pad.
RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by prashker on 12-16-2007 at 03:01 PM

Felu I've been telling this to him forever. Finally :D

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by aNILEator on 12-16-2007 at 03:50 PM

ahmetgns it's not a problem, my post was aimed at menthix saying that the whole right hand side is a link, when yes if i click there it is a link but if i try to middle click it wouldn't open in a new tab that way. I'm not that bothered i can click the names to open in new tabs, I'm not that crap aim with a mouse :P

my post only goes to back up my previous one and eljay's opinion too that the screenshot should be a link to the content not a larger screenshot.

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by Spunky on 12-16-2007 at 04:13 PM

quote:
ahmetgns it's not a problem, my post was aimed at menthix saying that the whole right hand side is a link, when yes if i click there it is a link but if i try to middle click it wouldn't open in a new tab that way. I'm not that bothered i can click the names to open in new tabs, I'm not that crap aim with a mouse :P

It's because the row uses an Onclick event as it's how the whole row highlights, it doesn't detect middle click, but as the name is a link, it does

my post only goes to back up my previous one and eljay's opinion too that the screenshot should be a link to the content not a larger screenshot.
RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by ahmetgns on 12-16-2007 at 04:18 PM

Thanks aNILEator for long explanation. I see the point now.

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by Menthix on 12-21-2007 at 03:11 AM

- Compatibility info added.
- Clicking the entire item will now lead to skin's details page, except from the "full screenshot" link.
- Border around thumbnails fixed

The border around the screenshot on the details page and fancy javascript popups for screenshots like shown on the features page will be fixed next few days. At least the skins/scripts db are finally ready for translation now :).

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by aNILEator on 12-21-2007 at 09:14 AM

Why can't I middle click the screenshot? :(

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by Felu on 12-21-2007 at 09:19 AM

quote:
Why can't I middle click the screenshot? :(
Because its not a hyperlink but rather uses onClick event.
RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by aNILEator on 12-21-2007 at 09:34 AM

I know that I was more whining at menthix for not making it a standard link

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by Menthix on 12-21-2007 at 07:27 PM

quote:
I know that I was more whining at menthix for not making it a standard link
Because its not a hyperlink but rather uses onClick event. :p
RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by aNILEator on 12-21-2007 at 07:29 PM

* aNILEator gives up and goes to complain and insult john-t some more before making dinner

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by ahmetgns on 01-05-2008 at 10:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
- Clicking the entire item will now lead to skin's details page, except from the "full screenshot" link.
bah, too bad, "full screenshot" link still leads to skin's details page :(
RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by aNILEator on 01-05-2008 at 12:45 PM

yeah that's just menthix failing at moderating the code again :P

RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by Menthix on 01-09-2008 at 01:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
too bad, "full screenshot" link still leads to skin's details page
Fixed.

Also switched to another script for the full screenshots, check the "full screenshot" links... hot :banana:
RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by mynetx on 01-09-2008 at 07:53 AM

quote:
I can't use my middle click to open them all in tabs, i have to use the name
It's because the name is a real hyperlink recognized for wheelclick. The other parts of the right side that are clickable simply have an onclick javascript handler together with a style cursor: pointer.
RE: [Skins Database] Add Compatibility in the Small Box? by Spunky on 01-09-2008 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
quote:
I can't use my middle click to open them all in tabs, i have to use the name
It's because the name is a real hyperlink recognized for wheelclick. The other parts of the right side that are clickable simply have an onclick javascript handler together with a style cursor: pointer.

I've already said that somewhere ^o) My site uses the same method