Shoutbox

[Release] Beaver and Steve 0.7.5 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Release] Beaver and Steve 0.7.5 (/showthread.php?tid=79803)

[Release] Beaver and Steve 0.7.5 by aNILEator on 12-09-2007 at 12:31 PM

This skin is based on the webcomic Beaver and Steve and it's website

It's a shaped skin with

•WLM 8.5 and WLM 9.0Beta compatibly

•Shaped Contact List
•Shaped Chat Windows
•Shaped Tabbed Chats (Both left and top)

•Replaced Buttons and backgrounds

•Option to remove Search Bar
•Options for the removal of Dashboard Buttons
•Options to centre align Tool Bars

[Image: Beaver_and_Steve_small.jpg]

Download >> Beaver and Steve Skin From Skins Database

RE: [Release] Beaver and Steve 0.7.5 by Phillip on 12-09-2007 at 01:44 PM

Shaped windows still confuses me. I will have to play around a bit with your skin till I get the hang of it. I think it looks mad btw =]

RE: [Release] Beaver and Steve 0.7.5 by aNILEator on 12-09-2007 at 01:48 PM

I'm assuming you mean good by mad.....

Bit annoyed it's the lowest rated skin in the database :(

RE: [Release] Beaver and Steve 0.7.5 by Jimbo on 12-09-2007 at 05:05 PM

I love this skin:D Its great, maybe add some customizable options to change the colours, expecially that green border

RE: [Release] Beaver and Steve 0.7.5 by aNILEator on 12-09-2007 at 09:59 PM

You do realise the skin is fully colourizable already....., just apply a different colour :P

AND

This skin is to stay true to Beaver and Steve Web-comic, not your requests. you'll notice the website is the same colours etc.

The only person I'll take UI requests from is James Turner the creator of Beaver and Steve :)

Feature and other maybe some other change requests sure. :) I already plan on skinning the word wheel btw and fixing some skinning issues in vista WLM9

RE: [Release] Beaver and Steve 0.7.5 by Chestah on 12-09-2007 at 10:12 PM

Nice skin aNILEator.. just wanted to post saying that i use it all the time at the moment! :)

EDIT: Oh yeah.. i think its definitely weird it has the lowest rating.. its definitely better than some of the other skins - i just gave it a 5/5!

RE: [Release] Beaver and Steve 0.7.5 by aNILEator on 12-09-2007 at 10:41 PM

heh, James said he was impressed and loved seeing his images as the little icons, he's not really into messenger i don't think but said he wanted to check it out (so we gain at least +1 user)

But anyway, he said he'll plug it a bit on his next news post ~tuesday (yn)

So we may get some of the cool web-comic crowd in with us :)

P.S. Beaver and Steve is an award winning very popular, funny and rather random comic. What's pretty cool In my opinion is the popularity of it with other webcomic authors, most agree Beaver and Steve has amazing characters and when they do guest comics they are free to do whatever they want, and really enjoy it :) I myself have a plasticine 'baby like' version of Steve on my Subwoofer :P

I might start a Ctrl+ALT+DEL themed skin *-)

I've got lots of ideas for shaped contact list's :)

* aNILEator thinks of winter-een-mas skin :P

RE: [Release] Beaver and Steve 0.7.5 by Chestah on 12-10-2007 at 05:42 AM

Oh cool :)! You should try and get the Vista/word wheel issues fixed up before that post happens and then hopefully the ratings will increase from there :)

RE: [Release] Beaver and Steve 0.7.5 by aNILEator on 06-24-2008 at 09:46 PM

I have far more important and urgent stuff to attend to first. But it is top software priority

I just think most people don't want to try something that looks so weird/plain or just aren't rating ;)

-------------------------- BUMP EDIT! (H) ---------------------------

Man I hate this now :( Version 1.0 (same specs as Vistafy 2 yadda yadda) will be coming soon, but damn my perfectionism, keep finding little bits that could be done. Maybe I'll drop 9.0 support in future, too many fecking windows. At the moment I work on 9.0 first (as it's on my desktop comp) then do the changes to 8.5 afterwards/at the same time. Well I'll tease you a bit, here's what v1.0 looks like in it's current state

[Image: bs10fc1.th.jpg]

In sad news Beaver and Steve (the comic) is on an indefinite hiatus :(

RE: [Release] Beaver and Steve 0.7.5 by Basilis on 06-24-2008 at 10:08 PM

Looks good. :) It is good you fixed the word wheel. Is it based on OpenLiveNine? I mean, will it have the same options OpenLiveNine?

RE: [Release] Beaver and Steve 0.7.5 by aNILEator on 06-25-2008 at 12:09 AM

yeah yeah, same stuff hence saying

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
(same specs as Vistafy 2 yadda yadda)
:)

I can't remember what was wrong with the wordwheel, think I was just changing the border, of which I still might do for version 1 *sigh more work* I was hoping it'd only take me 3 days to make this skin from scratch :P taken me about 3 weeks and only just started the 8.5 version now :P still got to pad out all the content windows in 9 (emoticons, backgrounds, sounds, winks, .....) so much bloody padding

Also I might make the status buddies little steve's not sure yet, most likely though