Shoutbox

I can't see the buttons in msn live plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: I can't see the buttons in msn live plus (/showthread.php?tid=79820)

I can't see the buttons in msn live plus by Kyaner on 12-09-2007 at 06:07 PM

http://www.screenshots.cc/view_image/a03291917/untitled.JPG

http://www.screenshots.cc/view_image/98d491947/untitled1.JPG

I am running WinXP sp2

RE: I can't see the buttons in msn live plus by CookieRevised on 12-09-2007 at 06:15 PM

Are you using some kind of utility which changes the default Windows Display settings?

Or any tool which changes the look of windows (eg: WindowsBlinds, etc)...

Check if your Windows Display Settings are correct, eg: the DPI settings and your resolution.

RE: I can't see the buttons in msn live plus by Kyaner on 12-09-2007 at 06:21 PM

The Messenger Plus is the only program on my system that develops this problem....

The only skinning program i am using is StyleXP.

RE: I can't see the buttons in msn live plus by Guido on 12-09-2007 at 06:43 PM

Wwwwwwwow, ugly :o

StyleXP should use the Windows XP uxtheme.dll skinning engine, which should work fine with Plus.

Kyaner, any strange DPI settings ("Large fonts", etc.?) set in Windows?

RE: I can't see the buttons in msn live plus by Kyaner on 12-09-2007 at 06:54 PM

Nothing out of the ordinary, just using Cleartype for the fonts and that's about it.

RE: I can't see the buttons in msn live plus by Patchou on 12-09-2007 at 07:31 PM

wow, really bad.. did you had this problem with Plus! 4.23 before?

RE: I can't see the buttons in msn live plus by Kyaner on 12-09-2007 at 07:33 PM

Yes i had the same problem with the previous version too, i just loaded up the latest one but there seems to be no change...

RE: I can't see the buttons in msn live plus by kezz on 12-10-2007 at 09:54 AM

Maybe someone could go through the installer and take screenshots of the windows and send it to him? I know it's not actually solving the problem, but it will enable him to use MP!L...

RE: I can't see the buttons in msn live plus by ahmetgns on 12-12-2007 at 11:43 PM

Broken font

cant see text on the buttons (You'll find some screenshots of setup posted by AngelDevil, though you could installed Plus, right :)) (Don't hope you can find any solution there, I just wanted you to know you are not alone)

The buttons on Preferences, respectively, OK - Cancel - Apply

In wizards (such as Events Notifications wizard) the button on the left is Cancel(or)Close and two buttons abreast on the right are < Previous - Next > (Be careful on these, I may be wrong)

Hint: If you see only one button at the bottom of the window, believe me it is "Close" :) (aha, in Log Viewer, there is "Search in all logs..." button at the left.)

In preferences, in list based features (such as Events Notifications) buttons are, respectively, Add... - Edit... - Remove (For some such as Quick Icons panel's sections, there is not an Edit... button)

If you see two buttons under the window, they are mostly OK - Cancel respectively.

For Scripts section, buttons are, respectively, Import... - Remove
For Skins section, buttons are, respectively, Import... - Skin's Options - Remove

The button at the left bottom of Add External Email address window is "Test Settings...".

For personalized status window, there are 5 different values for two abreast buttons:

1. If you opened it manually, buttons are Personalize - Cancel
  2. If it is opened when you set your status to BusyAway, they are Personalize - Close
  3. If you open it while there is already a set personalized status, they are OK - Remove

For other buttons in preferences, you can rely on the texts written just at the left or above of them.

There may be more, but I'm tired :)
RE: I can't see the buttons in msn live plus by Kyaner on 12-13-2007 at 03:55 PM

Thanks for the input ahmetgns :)

With your aid i was able to fix up my personal setting on Messenger Plus.

RE: I can't see the buttons in msn live plus by warmth on 12-13-2007 at 06:53 PM

I advice to do a thread about this and stick it... as patchou did here Sounds, colors, commands not working? please read!

RE: I can't see the buttons in msn live plus by Kyaner on 12-18-2007 at 05:34 PM

Ok i am happy to say that the latest update of Messenger Plus! fixed the problem :D
Good job guys :)

RE: I can't see the buttons in msn live plus by warmth on 12-18-2007 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kyaner
Ok i am happy to say that the latest update of Messenger Plus! fixed the problem :D
Good job guys :)
nice to heard that ;)!!!