Shoutbox

Skinning Restart - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Skinning Restart (/showthread.php?tid=79823)

Skinning Restart by Jimbo on 12-09-2007 at 06:32 PM

When you change the skin options, it gives you an option to restart, when you change skin however, you have to manually restart, so could you add a button to automatically restart after picking a new skin?

RE: Skinning Restart by Menthix on 12-09-2007 at 06:35 PM

It already offer to restart when you pick a different skin in the preferences, or when you import a new one. Or did you mean something else?

RE: Skinning Restart by Jimbo on 12-09-2007 at 06:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
It already offer to restart when you pick a different skin in the preferences, or when you import a new one. Or did you mean something else?
Go to Plus>Preferences etc skins
Then pick a new skin, it just says you'll need to restart instead of actually a force restart. Whereas, when you change the options for a skin that is already enabled, it has the option to restart now
RE: Skinning Restart by ayjay on 12-09-2007 at 06:46 PM

If you choose "OK" instead of "Apply", it'll restart automatically.

RE: Skinning Restart by CookieRevised on 12-09-2007 at 07:07 PM

aye

Applying settings means that you confirm the changed settings, but that you want to continue to do some more option changing. Doing a restart in that case wouldn't be very logical....

Pressing OK means "I'm done tweaking now, do whatever is needed to be done to make all the changes final and visible".

RE: Skinning Restart by Jimbo on 12-09-2007 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
aye

Applying settings means that you confirm the changed settings, but that you want to continue to do some more option changing. Doing a restart in that case wouldn't be very logical....

Pressing OK means "I'm done tweaking now, do whatever is needed to be done to make all the changes final and visible".
Ah ok, thanks. I fell small, stupid and useless now:P