Shoutbox

Skin Packager - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Skin Packager (/showthread.php?tid=79845)

Skin Packager by stuartbennett on 12-09-2007 at 09:50 PM

remember back when scripts first started you had to zip them up and rename the files extension, not hard i know but still, well shortly after scripting was released some very nice people develope a script packager that you just ran this program pointed to your script files then filled out a form in one of the setup screens for stating scripts name, its version, is description, your site url etc and it packaged it all up for you and viola.

so i was thinking wouldnt it be cool if some nice person somewhere were to make one of these for skinning?

RE: Skin Packager by freak544 on 12-09-2007 at 09:51 PM

Yeah that would be a good idea i am sure the scripting one can be used as an outline and just change some off the code within the program

RE: Skin Packager by djdannyp on 12-09-2007 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
remember back when scripts first started you had to zip them up and rename the files extension, not hard i know but still, well shortly after scripting was released some very nice people develope a script packager that you just ran this program pointed to your script files then filled out a form in one of the setup screens for stating scripts name, its version, is description, your site url etc and it packaged it all up for you and viola.

so i was thinking wouldnt it be cool if some nice person somewhere were to make one of these for skinning?

The version info, etc is all included in the XML header, so an application like that wouldn't be much use

People are also perhaps likely to create less skins than scripts (individually), so i'm sure that for the 10 seconds to rename .zip to .plsk it's not worth someone creating an application that does that
RE: Skin Packager by Chestah on 12-09-2007 at 10:15 PM

I'm pretty sure it was Dempsey that made that application. Maybe if you PM him he'll respond?

RE: Skin Packager by davidpolitis on 12-09-2007 at 10:55 PM

quote:
(9:53 AM) .typeZERO: Would you be willing to make a skin packager or its not worth the effort?
(9:53 AM) Dempsey: yea if i can find my script packager code i prob will

RE: Skin Packager by aNILEator on 12-09-2007 at 11:19 PM

lol I find it easier/better to do it manually, as unlike scripts which you can create in program, skins you have to use external editors so I almost always have the root skin folder open and stuff and can easily tap CTRL+A (then CTRL+click the folders/files I don't need) Right Click->winrar->compress to archive.... then set it as .zip and change the output filename to .plsk or .plsc :P