Shoutbox

how do you change font color of contact list.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: how do you change font color of contact list.. (/showthread.php?tid=79846)

how do you change font color of contact list.. by duck! on 12-09-2007 at 10:11 PM

well, im in the middle of making a skin, and with the current head and dashboard i have the name, status and personal message have become unreadable =/
(See attachment)
Ive looked around the scripting documention but couldn't seem to find an answer

Also if i was to allow users to change the contact list color in the edit options area, how would i go about doing this?

Thanks

RE: how do you change font color of contact list.. by Matti on 12-10-2007 at 11:55 AM

Font colors are defined in UIFILEs. I suggest you to look up the element of the nickname/status/PSM in UIFILE 923 and then check out the style UIFILE for 923. You should be able to find the style definition for the element there, and there you can add/change the color attribute. ;)

Aah... it's great when you have skinned Messenger before! :)

EDIT: Weeeeee 1000th post!!!11!!1!one!11!eleven! :D Shall I waist another tid on it? :P

RE: RE: how do you change font color of contact list.. by Phillip on 12-10-2007 at 12:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Font colors are defined in UIFILEs. I suggest you to look up the element of the nickname/status/PSM in UIFILE 923 and then check out the style UIFILE for 923. You should be able to find the style definition for the element there, and there you can add/change the color attribute. ;)

Aah... it's great when you have skinned Messenger before! :)

EDIT: Weeeeee 1000th post!!!11!!1!one!11!eleven! :D Shall I waist another tid on it? :P

Basically do what he has said. You name will be in UIfile 923 under "idFriendlyName". Change "foreground:" to "rcclr(20014);" That should give you a black name. I'm assuming you know how to do the rest already.
RE: how do you change font color of contact list.. by aNILEator on 12-10-2007 at 12:51 PM

Duck, take a look at my skin in the 923 style, you;ll see how I edited mine :)

RE: how do you change font color of contact list.. by duck! on 12-10-2007 at 06:42 PM

well..ive done that but its still not changing the color, i have no idea why..
i only had to put the idfriendlyname bit in...didn't i? :P

in 923 style.txt i have:

emoticontext[id=atom(idFriendlyName)]
{
    contentalign:endellipsis;
    fontsize:9pt;
    fontface:"Arial";
    fontweight:600;
    padding:rect(0,0,0,0);
    foreground:rgb(0,0,0);
}

thanks, im a nub when its comes to skinning :-$

in skininfo.xml i have

<Resources>
                    <Replace>   
                   <Styles>
                     <Style Id="923"><File>Dev\923 style.txt</File></Style>
                   </Styles>
                   </Replace>
    </Resources>

RE: how do you change font color of contact list.. by freak544 on 12-10-2007 at 06:48 PM

I thought you had to have the whole contents of the original style id in the txt document as you are replacing the style id

I could be wrong though as I am new to skinning but have coded before

RE: how do you change font color of contact list.. by aNILEator on 12-10-2007 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by freak544
I thought you had to have the whole contents of the original style id in the txt document as you are replacing the style is

correct
RE: how do you change font color of contact list.. by freak544 on 12-10-2007 at 06:52 PM

Wow I must be learning quick

:)

RE: how do you change font color of contact list.. by djdannyp on 12-10-2007 at 07:23 PM

isn't 1001 the contact list rather than 923?

this thread reminded me of an addition i could make to mine.......i went and changed every fontface reference in 923 and the contact list text didn't change, just the text in the surrounding frame........923 is the contact list window, but 1001 is the contact list itself i think

which may explain why it doesn't work

quote:
Originally posted by freak544
I thought you had to have the whole contents of the original style id in the txt document as you are replacing the style id

i think he was just showing the bits of code relevant to this particular change, rather than posting the whole 1300 lines of his 923 style.txt ;)
RE: how do you change font color of contact list.. by duck! on 12-10-2007 at 07:58 PM

Basically i need to just change to color of the personal message :

Edit: Ive now got the name done, thats black, turns out i was putting the id as "932" instead of "923"