Shoutbox

Is it possible to extend number of characters permitted in a Personal Message? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Is it possible to extend number of characters permitted in a Personal Message? (/showthread.php?tid=79857)

Is it possible to extend number of characters permitted in a Personal Message? by ksordo74 on 12-10-2007 at 02:59 AM

I was wondering if there is a script which allows this.

RE: Is it possible to extend number of characters permitted in a Personal Message? by MeEtc on 12-10-2007 at 03:01 AM

No, this is a limitation of WLM itself. Even if you did have a longer PSM, your contacts would not be able to see it.

RE: Is it possible to extend number of characters permitted in a Personal Message? by YourNeibour on 12-14-2007 at 11:10 PM

I thought Apatch can do it

RE: Is it possible to extend number of characters permitted in a Personal Message? by Shiny Rabbit on 12-16-2007 at 04:44 PM

i'm pretty sure messpatch can as well

RE: Is it possible to extend number of characters permitted in a Personal Message? by Volv on 12-16-2007 at 04:54 PM

Possible via skinning.

To those who can:
923's Style:

Search for: labelrichedit[id=atom(idPSMText)]
    and remove: maxtextlength:128;

Search for: labelrichedit[id=atom(idPSMText)][isediting]
    and add: maxtextlength: 500;

NOTE: You should not increase the maximum length over 500 characters as the PSM data sent via MSN Protocol can only be of a certain length including any media ('What I'm listening to') data, and exceeding this length may cause problems for some users.

Grr, patches stealing my discovery with no credit...

RE: Is it possible to extend number of characters permitted in a Personal Message? by S4N44 on 09-04-2008 at 02:14 PM

euuuuh what is 923's Style ? where do I find this thing ?

RE: Is it possible to extend number of characters permitted in a Personal Message? by vaccination on 09-04-2008 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by S4N44
euuuuh what is 923's Style ? where do I find this thing ?
923 Style is a file Messenger uses to style it's interface. If you don't know how/don't want to go about editing the messenger files yourself you can download Apatch, or Messpatch which both have the ability to lengthen the PSM(iirc).
RE: Is it possible to extend number of characters permitted in a Personal Message? by S4N44 on 09-04-2008 at 09:19 PM

thanks.
I edited the file manually, I can  now type a long message, but when I validate the message is truncated...

RE: Is it possible to extend number of characters permitted in a Personal Message? by S4N44 on 09-06-2008 at 08:48 PM

up
anyone please ?