Shoutbox

Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors (/showthread.php?tid=79863)

Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by kabso 5 on 12-10-2007 at 11:05 AM

Hi All

there is a problem in the messenger

or maybe in the plus 4.50

well,,

the problem is i cant put a colorfull Personal Msg With An Emotion :(

is it the WLM Prblm or The MsgPlusLive Prblm?

i hope some 1 can solve this soon..:D

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by NanaFreak on 12-10-2007 at 12:02 PM

Messenger Plus! Live works with WLM9.0 but is not 100% compatible.

so this is the issue...

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by kabso 5 on 12-10-2007 at 12:06 PM

ahaa

got that

so u mean the problem is with msg plus live,,

wating 4 the improving & fixing Problemes

:)

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by NanaFreak on 12-10-2007 at 12:08 PM

I dont think that Patchou will make it 100% compatible until WLM 9.0 is a public release...

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by kabso 5 on 12-10-2007 at 12:10 PM

& when will that be @_@

i guess

i have to wait..

cz i like the wlm 9

i got an animition Display Picture :D

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by CookieRevised on 12-10-2007 at 12:19 PM

WLM9 has just hit the beta stage, and it is absolutely full of bugs... It is not planned to be released for a long, very long time.  So if you're not an offcial beta tester or MS Butterfly, you should not using WLM9 at all...

Also, remember that if non-beta testers use WLM9 too much, there might be a good chance that beta testing WLM9 will stop for all the official people too. This means that you'll have to wait even longer for a proper official public release!

Anyways...

Also note that any formatting you put in your personal message will be seen by your contacts (provided they also have Messenger Plus! Live installed), but that on your own contactlist only the raw formatting tags will be visible.

Aka: you will not see the formatting in your contactlist, but the contacts will.

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by kabso 5 on 12-10-2007 at 12:26 PM

ahaaa

i hope these bugs will be solved

in beta 2 or the full version will be in the Download Stage soon

:)

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by Eddie on 12-10-2007 at 12:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Anyways...

Also note that any formatting you put in your personal message will be seen by your contacts (provided they also have Messenger Plus! Live installed), but that on your own contactlist only the raw formatting tags will be visible.

Aka: you will not see the formatting in your contactlist, but the contacts will.
In avoiding a new thread, may i ask why this is the case? *-)

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by Chestah on 12-10-2007 at 12:40 PM

It has been done like that so you can edit your PSM (including edits of color tags etc). If Plus! stripped the tags and colored them then for any small edit you'd have to completely retype in all the tags yourself!

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by Nagamasa on 12-10-2007 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kabso 5

Non-9.0 testers see the animation too? I thought it was just people using 9.0 that sees it...

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by Jimbo on 12-10-2007 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
quote:

Non-9.0 testers see the animation too? I thought it was just people using 9.0 that sees it...
He is using 9.0
quote:
& when will that be @_@

i guess

i have to wait..

cz i like the wlm 9

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by kabso 5 on 12-11-2007 at 01:04 AM

yes

only people using 9.0 can sees it..:)

i got many people using 9.0 in my contacts

they r all wating for the full version to ^_^

i dont know when shold the full version well come..

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by Shippo on 12-11-2007 at 08:32 AM

WLM 9.0 isn't anything to goggle over to be honest... The only new feature I've seen so far is the animated avatars which would probably be a nightmare for those people still using dial-up these days. (yes, I still know people who do use it)

Anyway, if Microsoft really wants something done, they'd release betas to the public like they have with the public betas to get more feedback and bug fixing. More people to find bugs is a good thing in my opinion.

RE: RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by DarkVelocity on 12-11-2007 at 04:16 PM

quote:
It is not planned to be released for a long, very long time.  So if you're not an offcial beta tester or MS Butterfly, you should not using WLM9 at all...

WRONG.
thought i'd say;

BETA Versions of software are not used only by testers; Microsoft and Windows Live won't mind if it gets out as they have more to go off; If you were from Microsoft or Windows Live i'd believe you anyone would but you ain't

so don't post untrue statements
kkfnkzbi.

RE: RE: RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by CookieRevised on 12-11-2007 at 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DarkVelocity
quote:
It is not planned to be released for a long, very long time.  So if you're not an offcial beta tester or MS Butterfly, you should not using WLM9 at all...

WRONG.
thought i'd say;

BETA Versions of software are not used only by testers; Microsoft and Windows Live won't mind if it gets out as they have more to go off; If you were from Microsoft or Windows Live i'd believe you anyone would but you ain't

so don't post untrue statements
kkfnkzbi.

I'm sorry but the one who is being completely wrong is you...

WLM9 has just hit the first beta stage out of many. Even seeing that WLM9 working title is "Windows Live Messenger 2009", etc...  It will not be released as a final version for a very long time.

Second, how on earth do you know that "Microsoft doesn't mind if it gets leaked". I'm sorry, but that is just plain rubbish.

It was even very clearly stated in private emails to all beta testers that these betas should not be put in the public, nor any detailed information about them, for various reasons.

And I'm not 'from' Microsoft, but I am a Microsoft MVP for Windows Live Messenger and beta tester.

PS: "Microsoft and Windows Live won't mind"... Microsoft is a company, they could mind. But "Windows Live" is a brand name, not a company.

EDIT: People from the Windows Live Messenger team do find it annoying and do mind that it gets leaked. And I know this from them personally, not from some hearsaying.

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by vikke on 12-11-2007 at 06:55 PM

I think he's talking about the Windows Live team.
However if Microsoft wanted more people to test the new beta, why didn't they just release it publicly?

RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by Matti on 12-12-2007 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
However if Microsoft wanted more people to test the new beta, why didn't they just release it publicly?
Because they don't want it!!!

The BETA got leaked, that's it. Now a simple Google search can find the BETA, and thus everyone who wants to get it, can get it. People don't seem to care if they download untested software, but if they stumble on a problem, they immediately start to panic and blame the software.

So therefore a note to all non-Butterflies who use WLM 9.0 just for the animated display pictures: we do not support leaked software here and thus if you have trouble, I think it's better to simply downgrade to a stable build like WLM 8.5! ;)
RE: Problem in WLM 9 Beta & The Colors by vikke on 12-12-2007 at 03:34 PM

That was basically what I said. ;)