Shoutbox

Messenger Conversation Has Strange 'Sometimes on top' behaviour - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Messenger Conversation Has Strange 'Sometimes on top' behaviour (/showthread.php?tid=79888)

Messenger Conversation Has Strange 'Sometimes on top' behaviour by Paul Skinner on 12-10-2007 at 06:09 PM

Software being used:
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018
Messenger Plus Live! 4.50.0.310

Bug:
Any open conversation windows that are minimised to the taskbar automatically open up when I minimise any other program.

More detail:
Say for example I have Winamp running and have a minimised chat.
If I minimise Winamp, the chat window unmimimises itself.

However, this only works when there is one other window (other than the chat window that is) that isn't minimised.

Let me give you a more detailed scenario.

This scenario should produce the bug:
Winamp and Opera are open (not minimised) along with a chat window (which is minimised).

If I minimise Winamp, nothing out of the ordinary happens.
If I now minimise Opera too, the chat window unminimises itself.

The bug only happens when there is one program left to minimise before being at the desktop.

I hope you make sense of this.

Yours Sincerely

Paul

RE: Messenger Conversation Has Strange 'Sometimes on top' behaviour by scott2010_h on 12-10-2007 at 07:01 PM

I can reproduce this bug. Using the scenario provided.

Messenger Plus! Live 4.50.0.310
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition - Service Pack 2 - 5.1.2600

RE: Messenger Conversation Has Strange 'Sometimes on top' behaviour by andrewdodd13 on 12-10-2007 at 07:34 PM

I can also reproduce this with any two programs - it doesn't happen if you uninstall Plus! (version 4.50).

(Also, I'm using Windows Live Messenger 9.0.1407.x - not 8.5, although it appears to happen on 8.5 for other people).

RE: Messenger Conversation Has Strange 'Sometimes on top' behaviour by andrey on 12-10-2007 at 08:20 PM

Yes, confirmed using Plus! 4.50 and WLM 8.5.1302

Another way to reproduce is to open both the contact list and and a chat window, minimise the chat window then minimise the contact list, and the chat window pops up again.

RE: Messenger Conversation Has Strange 'Sometimes on top' behaviour by Paul Skinner on 12-10-2007 at 08:56 PM

Argh! It's driving me insane.
At least you guys have confirmed it.

RE: Messenger Conversation Has Strange 'Sometimes on top' behaviour by Dane on 12-17-2007 at 11:12 PM

Unable to confirm here.  Can someone in this thread please attempt to recreate the problem with 4.50.312??

RE: Messenger Conversation Has Strange 'Sometimes on top' behaviour by Paul Skinner on 12-17-2007 at 11:24 PM

Confirmed with the new version 4.50.312 of Messenger Plus!
It is still happening.

RE: Messenger Conversation Has Strange 'Sometimes on top' behaviour by fmonroy on 12-17-2007 at 11:50 PM

Any workaround?

RE: RE: Messenger Conversation Has Strange 'Sometimes on top' behaviour by Paul Skinner on 12-17-2007 at 11:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fmonroy
Any workaround?

Not that I have found.

Just keep the window open in the background (in a position that doesn't cover up your icons) to stop it from annoying you when it pops up.

That's my only suggestion.
RE: Messenger Conversation Has Strange 'Sometimes on top' behaviour by ahmetgns on 12-18-2007 at 06:53 AM

This is again, as always be, one limitation&unexpected behaviour of tabbed chats feature of Messenger Plus!. So Paul, fmonroy, andrey, andrewdodd13, scott2010_h and me also seems to be using tabbed chats feature but Dane doesn't.

A workaround is here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=79...d=874766#pid874766