Shoutbox

My friends songs:) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: My friends songs:) (/showthread.php?tid=79894)

My friends songs:) by Jimbo on 12-10-2007 at 08:25 PM

My friend has made a few songs, and i think they're great, just wantef to know what you guys though of them

1) Need you here
2) A beauty found inside
3) Fantasy

My favourites are numbers 2 & 3
Download here(quite slow) | Or here 10MB

RE: My friends songs:) by Voldemort on 12-10-2007 at 08:31 PM

Genre?

RE: My friends songs:) by Jimbo on 12-10-2007 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Genre?
Umm, i dunno really, strange, kinda gothic, sorta
RE: My friends songs:) by Tasha on 12-10-2007 at 08:41 PM

I think they're good, but Need You Here is kind of ... I don't know. The lyrics put me off, they're overly "oh I love you but you don't love me, it sucks" type thing. But yes, they are quite nice. :]

RE: My friends songs:) by Jimbo on 12-10-2007 at 08:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
I think they're good, but Need You Here is kind of ... I don't know. The lyrics put me off, they're overly "oh I love you but you don't love me, it sucks" type thing. But yes, they are quite nice. :]
Yes Need You Here was her first, i believe they have got better since :D
RE: My friends songs:) by vaccination on 12-10-2007 at 09:06 PM

It's okay, I hate how it just repeats over and over though, and there's no sense of feeling to it, they're all just quiet. There needs to be bits where it's really powerful to make them good songs, needs to sing a bit louder/harder in certain places etc. Just small things that make up a good composition tbh.

IMO a good song needs to change, evolve, or die down in different bits. Alos, the more instruments the better, Piano and a few synth sounds get a bit boring, again, especially when it's just repeated.

That's all the kind of things I think about when I'm doing my Music coursework/general compositions.

Criticism aside, pretty good for a first try, just not, zomg you're amazing. ;p

RE: My friends songs:) by Nathan on 12-10-2007 at 09:20 PM

I really like fantasy, though the fading/overlay needs some working on. Its good apart from that.

The others aren't so good imo