Shoutbox

Command IDs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Command IDs (/showthread.php?tid=79946)

Command IDs by ArkaneArkade on 12-11-2007 at 11:06 PM

Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone will be able to help with this (Not true, I know many of you will definitly be able to help, but I'm not sure if your hands may be tied).

I was wondering if theres any easy way to find messenger cmdid codes.  I'm playing about, just to customise my own messenger, but I'm looking to add/change a few buttons to do simple things like change status, open DP chooser etc.  I don't really know what others - just whatever takes my fancy really I guess.
Doies anyone know where I can find these things, or explain how to  find them out for myself?

Cheers as ever guys,
Leroux

RE: Command IDs by vikke on 12-12-2007 at 03:09 PM

You can use Spy++ to set read WM_COMMAND messages sent to the window, or you can search through the UIFILEs for command IDs.

Finally, if you're an advanced reverser, you can reverse them as well.

RE: Command IDs by deAd on 12-12-2007 at 08:53 PM

Use a resource editor to look at the menu resource IDs. A button with the same ID as one of these menu items will have the same effect when pressed as if you'd used that menu item.

RE: Command IDs by ArkaneArkade on 12-12-2007 at 09:08 PM

OK great.  I'll get looking now, cheers guys :D

RE: Command IDs by CookieRevised on 12-12-2007 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
Use a resource editor to look at the menu resource IDs. A button with the same ID as one of these menu items will have the same effect when pressed as if you'd used that menu item.

...eg:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=873045]

which is indeed the quickest and easiest method.
RE: RE: Command IDs by Willz on 12-12-2007 at 11:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by deAd

...eg:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=873045]

which is indeed the quickest and easiest method.

Would you mind if i steal that image for the skinning guide im making :P ?
RE: Command IDs by CookieRevised on 12-14-2007 at 09:49 PM

Not at all, I wouldn't know why not ;)... though you could probably make a better one, nicer fade out at the edges or something, where the filename is visible in the titlebar also (and with the current version of Messenger). But, be my guest if you wanna use it....

EDIT: I've made a new one here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=80...d=873714#pid873714