Shoutbox

Graphics/Labels not displayed in CD/DVD drive icon - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Graphics/Labels not displayed in CD/DVD drive icon (/showthread.php?tid=79957)

Graphics/Labels not displayed in CD/DVD drive icon by alegator on 12-12-2007 at 04:30 AM

Whenever I insert a CD or DVD the icon corresponding to the CD or DVD drive in "MY COMPUTER" does not display the identifying label or graphics. How can I fix this? Thanks.

RE: Graphics/Labels not displayed in CD/DVD drive icon by matty on 12-12-2007 at 05:49 AM

Do you see the CD DVD drive at all in My Computer?

RE: Graphics/Labels not displayed in CD/DVD drive icon by alegator on 12-12-2007 at 08:12 AM

Yes, the CD/DVD drive shows in MY COMPUTER and when a CD or DVD is inserted it's recognized by Windows (I can play the CD/DVD, explore its contents, etc). But the problem is that as I stated above, the icon representing the CD/DVD drive in MY COMPUTER does not change to the graphics display or label of the corresponding cd/DVD, it just stays unchanged as if no CD/DVD was inserted.

RE: Graphics/Labels not displayed in CD/DVD drive icon by rav0 on 12-13-2007 at 05:22 AM

Disabling autoplay (for example, with tweaking utilities) on a system has the side effect of having Windows ignore changes to the drive. It will not update the labels or icons when autoplay is disabled, and only checks the CD when you browse it. Either no label/icon is loaded, or the label/icon from a previous disk is shown. You need to enable autoplay.

RE: RE: Graphics/Labels not displayed in CD/DVD drive icon by alegator on 12-13-2007 at 11:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Disabling autoplay (for example, with tweaking utilities) on a system has the side effect of having Windows ignore changes to the drive. It will not update the labels or icons when autoplay is disabled, and only checks the CD when you browse it. Either no label/icon is loaded, or the label/icon from a previous disk is shown. You need to enable autoplay.
I tried that but no success...