Shoutbox

MSN shuts down - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSN shuts down (/showthread.php?tid=79975)

MSN shuts down by melb_4_2002 on 12-12-2007 at 07:41 PM

I have a problem with my messenger signing me out. This has happened ever since the 9th!

I have been signed out so many times now, and it's very frustrating. I even removed everything and reinstalled.

Today, it completely shut down. It didn't just sign out... msn just disappeared from being an active program on my computer!

I don't know what to do with this, or if anybody else has been having this problem. I just know I want to fix it.

Oh, and a lot of messages I send aren't going through. Also, people can't send messages to me sometimes without them coming back as NOT ABLE TO SEND.

Can anybody help me please!

WLM version 8.1
Windows Live PLUS version 4.50.0.310

I use Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2

RE: MSN SHUTS DOWN by freak544 on 12-12-2007 at 08:23 PM

I am sure people on here will be able to help you but you are likely to be asked what version off msn you are running and any add-ons you are using

RE: MSN SHUTS DOWN by kezz on 12-12-2007 at 09:41 PM

Computer Specs? OS, hardware, versions of MP!L and WLM?
This could be due to some form of virus attacking your computer, specifically targetting messenger. I'm no expert though, thats just what I think is going on.:P

RE: MSN SHUTS DOWN by andrewdodd13 on 12-12-2007 at 11:53 PM

I don't know if this is related or not, but I signed onto my laptop accidentally (it's set to run WLM when I log in) and it signed me out on my desktop as usual.

However, unexpectedly, my desktop's WLM process disappeared, however it did sign out first - the icon stuck in the taskbar (due to XP's bad taskbar icon handling) was the little green signed out buddy.

I'm using MP!L 4.50 with WLM on both machines.

RE: MSN SHUTS DOWN by kezz on 12-13-2007 at 01:13 AM

Could anyone have guessed your password?

RE: MSN SHUTS DOWN by melb_4_2002 on 12-13-2007 at 03:49 AM

Sorry, I put the specs up. I'm not sure what you want to know about the hardware. It's a desktop 80 GB, and 512 RAM.... What else should I tell you?

RE: MSN SHUTS DOWN by xJ + on 12-14-2007 at 07:35 AM

update your windows live messenger to version 2008 (build 8.5.1302.1018).

It's also possible that there's corruption in you register files or your system file(s). But try updating your messenger first and report back (;

RE: MSN SHUTS DOWN by bramvandeperre on 12-14-2007 at 11:27 AM

i have the same problem, and i have 8.5 (version 2008) installed..

RE: MSN SHUTS DOWN by andrewdodd13 on 12-14-2007 at 01:40 PM

A couple of things I might've missed, I'm using WLM9 Beta, so it's not related to the version of WLM (I'm sure I mentioned this...).

Also, there's no chance that someone knows my password. It's supposed to be signing me out, it's not supposed to close WLM when I try to sign back in again.

RE: MSN SHUTS DOWN by James_Random on 12-14-2007 at 05:46 PM

Try going back to 8.5 and see if this solves the problem.

RE: RE: MSN SHUTS DOWN by andrewdodd13 on 12-14-2007 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by James_Random
Try going back to 8.5 and see if this solves the problem.
I'm not going to bother, seeing as the poster above me says he has the exact same problem but uses WLM 8.5...
RE: MSN SHUTS DOWN by James_Random on 12-14-2007 at 09:57 PM

you using vista or xp?

RE: MSN SHUTS DOWN by andrewdodd13 on 12-15-2007 at 12:37 AM

Both - Vista on the Laptop, XP on the desktop. It doesn't bother me particularly much now that I've disabled the program for starting up on its own.

I'll need to remember to post to the WLM newsgroups tomorrow. (This isn't a Plus! related issue as far as I can test).

RE: MSN shuts down by bramvandeperre on 12-15-2007 at 06:58 PM

i dont know it's a plus! problem, but, andrewdodd13, do you use messenger discovery live? i do, maybe that's the problem..?

RE: MSN shuts down by raghav on 12-15-2007 at 07:01 PM

Shouldn't be a problem with MessengerDiscovery but you can uninstall it and see if it works.

RE: MSN shuts down by James_Random on 12-15-2007 at 08:20 PM

does the problem persist when plus! is uninstalled?

RE: MSN shuts down by elmarian75 on 12-17-2007 at 02:26 AM

i had the same problem, but no when the msn messenger starts.
in any time it just closes and the process disappear, also i saw a lot of error reports (informe de errores).

now i have resolved the problem but it happened to me in diferents ocasions.

frist check if you have installed the LIVE NOTIFIER script. its toats sometimes causes errors that closes msn messenger application.

then try to not "flood" your plus! with innecesary scripts. (a lot of toats wich advise you about opening conversation window or updates or others functions make your msn shut down ¬¬)

check if you dont have any spware or virus in your sistem if you cant send messeges to other contacts.

messengerdiscovery sometimes causes errors too in msn messenger.

any no oficial skin or patch may caused the error.
try to install a clean messenger and install the patches and scripts testing one to one to see where is the mistake
[Image: msn_wink.old.gif]