Shoutbox

Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! (/showthread.php?tid=79997)

Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! by Malmis on 12-13-2007 at 04:26 AM

i wonder why there never is an option to disable the auto accept of group conversations, it always accept if someone invites me to a group conversation if i have the auto receive files option selected, being crazy of this, isn't there anyone else who have this problem? i do NOT want to auto accept group conversations!

RE: Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! by tony on 12-13-2007 at 04:35 AM

you might want to check this one out.

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/96-Group-Chat-Warning/

RE: Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! by NiteMare on 12-13-2007 at 04:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tony
you might want to check this one out.

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/96-Group-Chat-Warning/
with that, it won't actually prevent you from being added, it just give you a pop up telling you whos in it and then the options to keep it open, or close it
RE: Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! by tony on 12-13-2007 at 04:45 AM

it is better than nothing imho.

RE: Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! by Malmis on 12-13-2007 at 04:47 AM

sure it maybe can be useful, but i just want it to automatic decline the group conversation or just not accept it, a window who asks if i would like to accept or decline, and some function that give me the option to automatic decline every group conversation.

RE: Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! by kezz on 12-13-2007 at 05:44 AM

Possibly something for the next update. Tony's suggestion is about as good as you can get for now, and I don't see the problem with it

RE: Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! by CookieRevised on 12-13-2007 at 07:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Malmis
sure it maybe can be useful, but i just want it to automatic decline the group conversation or just not accept it, a window who asks if i would like to accept or decline, and some function that give me the option to automatic decline every group conversation.
This is NOT possible in Messenger itself. It has got nothing todo with Messenger Plus!. This is the way the Messenger protocol works (unfortunatly).

If you want this behaviour to change I very strongly suggest you report it to Microsoft ASAP using the help>feedback menu in Messenger. The more they recieve such requests the quicker it will change.

quote:
Originally posted by Kezzinator29
Possibly something for the next update. Tony's suggestion is about as good as you can get for now, and I don't see the problem with it
Messenger Plus! can't do anything about it and so it will not be added in a next update either.

PS: this has been discussed a lot in the past, see the forum (search).

;)
RE: Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! by Shiny Rabbit on 12-16-2007 at 05:14 PM

messenger discovery has this option

http://live.msgdiscovery.com/

and other ways of annoying/preventing contacts from annoying you

RE: Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! by CookieRevised on 12-17-2007 at 12:34 AM

IIRC, even with Messenger Discovery you can not prevent the other contacts in the chat from using certain ways to see your Passport/Windows Live ID... This has to be dealt with by Microsoft itself. It requires a change in the used protocol. All Messenger Discovery might do is just preventing you from joining a group chat. The privacy issue, which consists of the other contacts seeing your Windows Live ID, will not be solved by this, it's a start though...

RE: Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! by aNILEator on 12-17-2007 at 12:53 AM

ha msgdiscovery has changed designs again, this time it's a pop up spawning domain expiry search site :P

RE: Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! by Shiny Rabbit on 12-17-2007 at 03:04 PM

i don't really care too much about people adding me, just as long they aren't dickheads and if they are, i can just block-delete them

RE: Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! by ahmetgns on 12-18-2007 at 07:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shiny Rabbit
i don't really care too much about people adding me, just as long they aren't dickheads and if they are, i can just block-delete them
I think, you will start caring it when you have exceeded your block&allow list limits ;) I hope you never experience this.
RE: Group Conversations are auto accepted, BAD! by Shiny Rabbit on 12-23-2007 at 11:55 AM

i delete people who i know there is no point in keeping on my contacts regularly