Shoutbox

So we can use Images in our ComboBoxControls... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: So we can use Images in our ComboBoxControls... (/showthread.php?tid=80019)

So we can use Images in our ComboBoxControls... by Matti on 12-13-2007 at 07:10 PM

...but what's the function to set an image to a ComboBoxControl's item? The ListViewControl has a PlusWnd::LstView_SetItemIcon function which does that, but it seems like there's no similar function for a ComboBoxControl.

Did Patchou miss this and will I have to look up some stuff in the Win32 API pages on MSDN in case I want to set the image, or is there some hidden function which isn't been spoken of in the scripting documentation? :S

RE: So we can use Images in our ComboBoxControls... by Matti on 12-14-2007 at 02:18 PM

BUMP!

Seriously, did anyone notice this? :S

RE: So we can use Images in our ComboBoxControls... by markee on 12-15-2007 at 05:44 AM

I noticed, but I forgot to check it out so that I could comment (been kind of busy).  There doesn't seem to be any method which is really strange, and I thought you could already just use the Win32 API to do this (though I never gave it a try myself :P).

I think what woul be really nice is to have a page in the scripting documentation of the updates that were made for each version so that we can find updates easier for this particular purpose.

RE: So we can use Images in our ComboBoxControls... by Matti on 12-15-2007 at 09:17 AM

What do you think? Should we ask Patchou about this? :P

RE: So we can use Images in our ComboBoxControls... by markee on 12-15-2007 at 09:35 AM

Yeah, I have asked for this thread to be moved to bug reports so as Patchou is more ikely to see it.  I hope he just forgot to document it (which seems ver unlike Patchou).

RE: So we can use Images in our ComboBoxControls... by Patchou on 12-15-2007 at 06:31 PM

Well... now that's a good point. Sorry about that, this was mainly added for Plus! itself and I forgot to add a scripting function for it. This will be corrected in this weekend's update (a new parameter will be added to Combo_AddItem() to specify the image's id).

RE: So we can use Images in our ComboBoxControls... by Matti on 12-16-2007 at 10:15 AM

Thank you Patchou! :D

Now installing... :P