Shoutbox

[small bug] unsubscribe with merged threads is wonky - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: [small bug] unsubscribe with merged threads is wonky (/showthread.php?tid=80030)

[small bug] unsubscribe with merged threads is wonky by CookieRevised on 12-14-2007 at 12:48 AM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=79965&pid=873412

That thread consists of two merged threads. Two threads which I subscribed to. After the merging I pressed the "unsubscribe" button (for fun), but noticed that after the reload it still said "unsubscribe". I had to press it again to get "subscribe" again...

Can this be a bug with merging threads?

Or is it because the threads weren't merged properly? Since I also couldn't click on the given link in one of the notification emails from the second (my) thread. The forum reported: thread doesn't exist. Where it usually should redirect you to the new thread, no?

RE: [small bug] unsubscribe with merged threads is wonky by WDZ on 12-14-2007 at 01:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Can this be a bug with merging threads?
Yep... since you were subscribed to both threads, you had two subscriptions for the same thread after the merge, which shouldn't happen. I'll fix that. :p

(Note: There's already code in place to make sure you don't get duplicate emails)

quote:
Where it usually should redirect you to the new thread, no?
No, when threads are merged, the second thread is deleted and old links to it will be broken.
RE: [small bug] unsubscribe with merged threads is wonky by markee on 12-14-2007 at 11:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
No, when threads are merged, the second thread is deleted and old links to it will be broken.
Sounds a little dodgy... what about the emails you got from your previous subscription to the thread?  Even if it just took you to the first page of the "new" merged thread, I think that would be smarter. (there are other cases I can list that don't deal with the email/subscription stuff if you want me to, but I'm sure you are clever enough to work it out ;))