Shoutbox

[SKIN DB SUGGESTION] Ratings Restart - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [SKIN DB SUGGESTION] Ratings Restart (/showthread.php?tid=80056)

[SKIN DB SUGGESTION] Ratings Restart by warmth on 12-14-2007 at 10:55 PM

Hi you guys... As you already know... many of us released alpha/beta skins for MP!L 4.5 and DB launch... many of users have already downloaded our skins and a great majority have rated them too...

so is obvious that an alpha/beta skin would be rated lower than a final release... my idea is to restart this ratings when each of us do the FIRST final release of that existent skins that where there in the DB launch...

What do you think about it??? is kinda fair to rate the whole skin and no how imcomplete is now :( don't you think??? :$

RE: [SKIN DB SUGGESTION] Ratings Restart by Voldemort on 12-14-2007 at 10:58 PM

I don't think so, because that could lead to abuse, and quality is measured as a whole, as it has been (as a beta) and is now. Release a good quality beta/alpha/theta/omega skin or whatever and get good ratings...

RE: [SKIN DB SUGGESTION] Ratings Restart by absorbation on 12-14-2007 at 11:14 PM

Why are alpha skins even in the database? It is a risk you take if you can't want to finish the completed version :zippy:.

RE: [SKIN DB SUGGESTION] Ratings Restart by warmth on 12-14-2007 at 11:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
you can't want
you mean wait??? don't worry is just a suggestion if you guys think I'm trying to cheat... you are very wrong but I respect your opinions...
RE: [SKIN DB SUGGESTION] Ratings Restart by Voldemort on 12-14-2007 at 11:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
I respect your opinions...

That's not the same thing you said on your pm, warmth...
RE: [SKIN DB SUGGESTION] Ratings Restart by Willz on 12-15-2007 at 07:49 AM

Ratings don't say how good a skin is anyway. Look say in theory that a skin is uploaded and never rated by anyone..... that would mean that it would have a 5 star rating and would appear as the most rated.

The rating system isn't something that you should worry about, it is not an accurate way of showing how good a skin is. It shouldn't matter how popular your skin is anyway.

Those are my 2 cents anyway.

RE: [SKIN DB SUGGESTION] Ratings Restart by raghav on 12-15-2007 at 08:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Ratings don't say how good a skin is anyway. Look say in theory that a skin is uploaded and never rated by anyone..... that would mean that it would have a 5 star rating and would appear as the most rated.

The rating system isn't something that you should worry about, it is not an accurate way of showing how good a skin is. It shouldn't matter how popular your skin is anyway.

Those are my 2 cents anyway.

Agreed , as one person can rate the skin several/unlimited times , the creator himself can rate 14343 times to make it reach 5 , lmao j/k.

And I agree with Absorbation  , if you're skin is not complete(is in the beta/alpha stage) why put it on the skin DB ? 

RE: [SKIN DB SUGGESTION] Ratings Restart by vikke on 12-15-2007 at 08:41 AM

My skin is low rated, at 3.71, and I still have 2nd most downloads, 16008 atm.
So the rate should not be a problem, if you want users.

RE: RE: [SKIN DB SUGGESTION] Ratings Restart by Phillip on 12-15-2007 at 12:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
No your skin is rated above 3, 3=good so your skin is rated better than good 8-)
RE: RE: RE: [SKIN DB SUGGESTION] Ratings Restart by vikke on 12-15-2007 at 01:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
quote:
Originally posted by vikke
No your skin is rated above 3, 3=good so your skin is rated better than good 8-)
His skin is rated over 3 as well.
RE: [SKIN DB SUGGESTION] Ratings Restart by Nathan on 12-15-2007 at 01:42 PM

All the skins are rated over 3 :p