Shoutbox

Croatian translation 5.10 (in progress) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Croatian translation 5.10 (in progress) (/showthread.php?tid=80161)

Croatian translation 5.10 (in progress) by ag008 on 12-17-2007 at 05:02 PM

Croatian team is currently translating  5.10 version.

Last version is from 2009 and anyone who can help with translating new one, please reply in this thread.

Version from 2009;
[Image: 15xpzro.png]

If you have any suggestions or questions, please ask here...

You can download attachment to see previous version.

Trenutno prevodimo 5.10 verziju.
Možete preuzeti stariju verziju u prilogu.

RE: Croatian translation! by ag008 on 12-17-2007 at 05:13 PM

I do not see new version this is for 4.50:)
Up is same newer version of this!

RE: Croatian translation! by ahmetgns on 12-17-2007 at 05:32 PM

I have never seen such a translation (of course unless this Crotian language is another similar version of English like British English vs. American English.)

Maybe this quotation will give you an idea about how much of the original file has been translated!

quote:
Originally posted by Croatian.ini file
LblText1=The shortcut you just pressed was recently asprijavljen to the Messenger Lock feature of Messenger Plus! This feature hides Messenger temporarily and the shortcut works from any application in Windows.
:) :P

Sorry man, I don't see any chance your translation to be included in the setup.
RE: Croatian translation! by x2zen on 12-17-2007 at 06:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
Hey,

Never heard of that language but i think it should be ok... best to wait until patchou allows it :)
1. Croatian is the language spoken in Croatia. (I thought that was common knowledge)
2. People are allowed to post translations of Plus! in this "Translation" section. They don't Patchou's approval. (Although a translation will have to be "approved" by Patchou before gaining status as an Official Translation and thereby being included in Plus! itself)
3. How can you say "should be ok"? Did you even open the translation? It's a really poor translation, only a couple of sententes are translated.

I'm seriously tired of seeing your spammy posts constantly. Please refrain from posting when you clearly have no knowledge about the subject.
RE: Croatian translation! by ag008 on 12-18-2007 at 11:36 AM

This is BETA!

Every day 20 new translations!

RE: RE: Croatian translation! by ahmetgns on 12-18-2007 at 11:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ag008
This is BETA!
Then please complete your work before sending it to this forum. (What did you expect from us to say for your translation other than mentioning the problems in it?)

Did you read this faq
quote:
Originally posted by website
My language is not in Messenger Plus!, can it be added?

First, note that the list of languages available for the release of Messenger Plus! Live 4.00 does not reflect the intended final list. Because of time constraints, some translations will be completed by the translators at a later date and Right-To-Left support will be added in a future update to support languages like Arabic. If your language is not currently part of the public distribution, please be patient, it may simply come back in the next release.

As a general rule, languages spoken by a minority of people will not be added to the software, for practical reasons and also to avoid increasing the size of the setup package by too much. If you feel that this limitation does not apply to you, feel free to contact us on the forum and tell us more about your language, we consider every request. Remember however that translating Messenger Plus! and keeping the translation up to date is a very time consuming job which must be managed appropriately. That being said, even if your language is refused for the setup, you can always translate the software in any language you desire and post your file on the forum or on your web site.

quote:
Every day 20 new translations!
20 what? Letter or word or sentence or key or section in the language file?
RE: Croatian translation! by ag008 on 12-18-2007 at 11:53 AM

New!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=hr&geocode=&ti...10.195312&z=7&om=1

Croatia is country!
RE: Croatian translation! by ahmetgns on 12-18-2007 at 12:08 PM

ag008, please go and read forum rules at first.

Then please update the file in your first post, you will see an Edit button under your every post, use it.

Please don't update your first post by attaching any new file unless you complete the job. You must start from the very beginning, without skipping any line in the file. This is a serious job.

RE: Croatian translation! by ag008 on 12-18-2007 at 03:07 PM

ok

RE: Croatian translation! by ag008 on 01-05-2008 at 03:44 PM

If is anyone from Croatia.. can it help me?

RE: Croatian translation! BETA by Glamorous on 01-08-2008 at 05:39 AM

hey I'm Croatian...who needs help with translating??

RE: Croatian translation! BETA by ag008 on 01-08-2008 at 02:31 PM

Finally!!!

Prevedi od Window.SearchFiles do Window.ScriptEditorHelper
Preuzmi onaj editor u prvom forumu i onda ovaj moj prijevod!

RE: Croatian translation! BETA by Glamorous on 01-08-2008 at 10:26 PM

sta da prevedem? i s kojeg jezika na koji?

RE: Croatian translation! BETA by ag008 on 01-17-2008 at 12:43 PM

s eng na hrv.

RE: Croatian translation! BETA by Glamorous on 01-18-2008 at 07:58 AM

daj ne kuzim te...daj mi tekst il link...al ono na prvoj strani nije bas dobar prijevod,nemres to publishat...nije mi bed prevest,zivim u americi,sam mi daj tocan tekst il neki link jel ne kuzim tocno na kaj mislis...

RE: Croatian translation! BETA by ag008 on 01-31-2008 at 03:49 PM

kako ne kužiš?

1preuzmeš onaj program prijevoda s tranlate prvog foruma i onda ga otvoriš odabereš izvornu(eng) i onu prevađalačku i prevađaš ono što sam ti ja poslo u privitku e-maila

RE: Croatian translation! BETA by Glamorous on 03-03-2008 at 03:53 AM

a jebate neznam na kaj mislis...sorry al fkt te ne kuzim...daj mi nacrtaj...haha....daj mi tekst*-)

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 07-14-2008 at 12:06 PM

Now is all translated and finished, enjoy!
:D

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 07-22-2008 at 02:26 PM

Can this translation added to Messenger Plus in installation?

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by Basilis on 07-22-2008 at 02:32 PM

You can check the thread at my signature to see what is required for a translation to be added. I am also waiting for Greek to be added. Have you e-mailed your translation to Patchou?

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 07-23-2008 at 01:59 PM

No, What is the mail of Patchou?
And what does i need to see in your translation?

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by Basilis on 07-23-2008 at 02:07 PM

I didn't say you need to look into my translation. You can check the thread about my translation to see what other translators told me that has to be done in order for my translation to be included in the setup. :)

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 07-23-2008 at 02:14 PM

Can you tell my, its realy big thread.

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by Basilis on 07-23-2008 at 02:20 PM

Someone must confirm that this translation is ok. The translation must be used by many Croatian users. It must have no bugs and all the texts must fit in the windows. Patchou will sent you an installer so you can check your translation but you have to wait and be patient for that since Patchou is very busy. (Y)

This thread is also very helpful: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=84386

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by HR_Michael on 07-24-2008 at 05:31 PM

This translation is very, very bad! There is so many mistakes and erors...

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 07-25-2008 at 06:38 PM

Here is test is this user from Croatia?
Aj mi reci šta tu fali?
Šahim se, reci šta ne valja

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by CookieRevised on 08-02-2008 at 04:05 PM

quote:
Here is test is this user from Croatia?
Aj mi reci šta tu fali?
Šahim se, reci šta ne valja
Seeing his profile, yes he is.

----------------

Quickly reviewing your current translation I can indeed see extremely many errors. And that is just talking about formatting and layout, not about translating.

eg: [Menu.Tags], [Menu.FormatCodes], [Menu.Commands], [SoundCommands] are all formatted completely in the wrong way for example. Same for many lines in [Commands], [Window.LogViewer], [Window.FindTextIM], [Window.ListCleanup], etc... the list goes on and on. In essence, almost everything is done in the wrong way, take especially note on the use of tags!

Then there are also a lot of sentences which are not translated and still in English.

I'm afraid this translation is completely unusable. I suggest to re-read Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live.

----------------

quote:
originally posted by ag008 here
Hope and with Croatian!
Because I don't wont to make translation for nothing!
Putting aside that the current translation is completely unusable:

I very strongly suspect that the croation language is not used enough to be added.

Furthermore, if people report that a translation is full of errors and bad grammar, the chance that it will be added is as good as nihil, thus non-existant. A translation needs to be confirmed and approved by several people.

Third, the next release of Plus! (4.70) is going to include new visible elements. This means that there needs to be a new translation. This means that unofficial translations will not be added to that release since those translators do not have access to the beta versions in order to provide up-to-date translations (It also means that official translations which aren't updated before the release will be removed).

sorry for the bad news, but that's the way it is...

quote:
originally posted by ag008 here
Because I don't wont to make translation for nothing!
Before it could even be considered to be added you need to post the translation in a thread on the forum.

This means that people can download and start using the translation and report errors.

So, this alone, is not "making it for nothing".

If you mean by "making it for nothing" that there aren't any people downloading your translation from here anyways and thus that it is a lot of work for nothing, then there will also be not much people who would use it once it is added as an official language in Plus!. And because of that, it wont be added in the first place as you need to have a lot of users for the language.

PS: Making and maintaining a translation and posting it on the forums is not "doing it for nothing" as people will have access to it the moment you post it.
RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 08-03-2008 at 07:01 PM

eg: [Menu.Tags], [Menu.FormatCodes], [Menu.Commands], [SoundCommands] are all formatted completely in the wrong way for example. Same for many lines in [Commands], [Window.LogViewer], [Window.FindTextIM]...
dont understand?
and translation are getting better every day

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by CookieRevised on 08-03-2008 at 08:22 PM

All those sections contain tags and ampersands which are formatted in a complete wrong way. Why do you put spaces between everything? They should not be there.

Note that those sections are just examples, and the errors are not limited to those sections only. The whole translation file is riddled with them.

At least read the Translation Guidelines carefully and follow the do's and dont's.

Also, if you would check the things you've translated in Plus! itself, you would notice that you made a lot of errors.

Seeing the kind of errors which are in the file I strongly suspect you never even checked your translation in Plus!. Just opening the Preferences dialog already reveals several errors, too long lines, not translated values, etc..

Because of that, listing the errors for you to fix would take many pages and is just not doable.

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 08-04-2008 at 12:46 PM

i know, first i must say that i translate with google and I have working on better translation, because of that sometimes /n is / n and can you tell me what in formattion are wrong?
EDIt: i have / n replace all with /n is there more bugs?

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by CookieRevised on 08-04-2008 at 05:04 PM

Yes, there are a lot more bugs, but I don't have the time to constantly check the translation and give you advise in what to do. All that is your job as translator... sorry

Never ever use google for translations like that!!!

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 08-06-2008 at 08:54 AM

in Croatia live about 4 mil. so that is big number...

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ahmetgns on 08-06-2008 at 11:23 AM

quote:
in Croatia live about 4 mil. so that is big number...
The real important thing is how many of those people use Messenger and then MsgPlus!.
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
The translation must be used by many Croatian users.
----------------------------
ag008, please do what you are said since the beginning of this thread. Your translation is really very poor as it has also been said by another Croatian person. Insisting on having the translation in the installer without completing and testing it thoroughly is really meaningless. You can get nothing with that, believe us.

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 08-06-2008 at 11:35 AM

translation is very good, i just don't trust that person, maybe that person, is from Croatia,and just doesn't like my translation

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ahmetgns on 08-06-2008 at 12:24 PM

No, it is not good. If that person doesn't like your translation, then it is obviously because there are many things wrong with it, that exactly means that, . Moreover, CookieRevised and me too don't like it without knowing Croatian (well, I'm not sure if Cookie knows it :) ) Please bother to read Translation Guidelines once and in case you already read it, re-read and try to understand it now because it looks like you haven't understood how translation works yet.

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 08-10-2008 at 04:51 PM

how do you now if you dont speak croatian?

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by Thor on 08-10-2008 at 05:34 PM

quote:
how do you now if you dont speak croatian?
By checking if strings are translated according to the guidelines. Finding errors in spacing is usually really easy. Also, if someone else is able to tell that your translation isn't good and a) he has tested it b) he's Croatian and last c) his English appears to be better than yours, why shouldn't be take his word for it?

You're getting nowhere by arguing over the quality. Instead, just make it better. Don't fight against the community, work with it.
RE: RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ZoMk on 08-30-2008 at 02:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HR_Michael

I agree.

quote:
translation is very good, i just don't trust that person, maybe that person, is from Croatia,and just doesn't like my translation

I'm not from Croatia, but I understand and speak Croatian.

Nisam iz Hrvatske ali razumijem i govorim hrvatski i tvoj prevod je stvarno los.

RE: RE: RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 08-30-2008 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ZoMk
quote:
Originally posted by HR_Michael

I agree.

quote:

I'm not from Croatia, but I understand and speak Croatian.

Nisam iz Hrvatske ali razumijem i govorim hrvatski i tvoj prevod je stvarno los.

ajde, makar ga popravljam, vinjetko :D, hrvaško govoriš dobro?
RE: RE: RE: RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ZoMk on 08-30-2008 at 11:07 PM

hrvaško govoriš dobro?

Dovolj dobro, da sem lahko ze po nekaj vrsticah tvojega prevoda videla, da si delal po sistemu "find/replace". :D
RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 09-05-2008 at 09:39 PM

ne, sve je moj prijevod

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by Dreamer050 on 11-20-2008 at 01:39 PM

Dobar dan svima (Good day to all of you)! Ali, ja jesam iz Hrvatske (But, I am from Croatia).

Pitanje (question): Gdje griješim, kada mi se u Messenger Plus-u ne pojavljuje Hrvatski jezik u izborniku za jezike? (What I do wrong, because in my language box I don't see Croatian language)?

Can somebody answer me? Thank you!

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by Basilis on 11-20-2008 at 01:49 PM

You need to download the file from the first post and put it in your Languages folder of Messenger Plus! Live. Then, just select it from the Preferences. :)

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 12-04-2008 at 05:54 PM

objašnjeno

RE: Croatian translation! FINISHED! by ag008 on 05-04-2009 at 10:02 PM

updated translation

RE: Croatian translation (in progress) by ag008 on 11-19-2011 at 10:27 PM

If you would like to help with Croatian translation, please contact user Clam- clammier@gmail.com

Ako želite doprinijeti u prijevodu, kontaktirajte korisnika clam- na clammier@gmail.com ili izrazite želju u ovoj temi;
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=96685&pid=1008626