Shoutbox

[Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features (/showthread.php?tid=80171)

[Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by 0Blackmage0 on 12-17-2007 at 08:32 PM

Sorry about asking for this, but stuffplug's updates are few and far between lately. im looking for a script that will be able to add 2 major functionalitys to WLM 9.0 (i understand that its beta and all. But my system wont open anyhting lower, some bug is my guess)

Im looking for the features

Chat-only name
The chat-only name is a feature that allows your name in conversations to be different from that in the contact-list. For example your name could be "Tom - Hurrah, My name is in the StuffPlug FAQ", while in conversations it would only show "Tom".

AND

Friendlyname Editor
Getting tired of having to visit the options dialog everytime you want to change your name on Messenger? Turn on StuffPlug's FriendlyName editor and change your friendlyname the same way as you would change your personal status message!

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by MicroWay on 12-17-2007 at 08:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 0Blackmage0
Friendlyname Editor
Getting tired of having to visit the options dialog everytime you want to change your name on Messenger? Turn on StuffPlug's FriendlyName editor and change your friendlyname the same way as you would change your personal status message!
This can be done (at least on 8,5) by right clicking a contact name and clicking on "Add a nickname"... You can use Plus! tags too... oops....

About the first one, I've requested it one time... But no script was made (at least I din't see anything).. And, in part of Plus!, one time Patchou have said that he didn't wanted to copy features of others addons (or something like that)...
;)

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong...
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by duck! on 12-17-2007 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
quote:
Friendlyname Editor
This can be done (at least on 8,5) by right clicking a contact name and clicking on "Add a nickname"... You can use Plus! tags too...

About the first one, I've requested it one time... But no script was made (at least I din't see anything).. And, in part of Plus!, one time Patchou have said that he'll not copy features of others addons (or something like that)...
;)

um, thats not the thing he wants..
He wants, a script that allows you to click the name to edit it, same as the personal message..instead of opening the options to edit the name..

Isn't there a way to force stuffplug 3 on to 8.5?

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by MicroWay on 12-17-2007 at 08:46 PM

Thanks Duck!.... I've read it wrong.... :S I've cross it...

Than... there aren't scripts that make that, but it would be cool...
:D

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
I really don't know... I've stopped using it since the release of WLM 8 (final)....
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by riahc4 on 12-17-2007 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
quote:
quote:
Friendlyname Editor
This can be done (at least on 8,5) by right clicking a contact name and clicking on "Add a nickname"... You can use Plus! tags too...

About the first one, I've requested it one time... But no script was made (at least I din't see anything).. And, in part of Plus!, one time Patchou have said that he'll not copy features of others addons (or something like that)...
;)

um, thats not the thing he wants..
He wants, a script that allows you to click the name to edit it, same as the personal message..instead of opening the options to edit the name..

Yes. Search the Stuffplug 3 forums.

RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by 0Blackmage0 on 12-18-2007 at 02:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by duck

Im not running 8.5, im looking to add these 2 features to 9.0 They are very convinient features that really should be added (by microsoft or a MSG script)
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by MicroWay on 12-18-2007 at 02:51 AM

Than, things will get worst...
As the big peace of the people uses 8,5.... :S

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by Shiny Rabbit on 12-18-2007 at 12:19 PM

install stuffplug3 onto 8.1 then install 8.5 and it will work

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by MicroWay on 12-18-2007 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shiny Rabbit
quote:
Im not running 8.5, im looking to add these 2 features to 9.0
See???
Your mthod, Shiny Rabbit will work with 9??? :)
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by 0Blackmage0 on 12-18-2007 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Your mthod, Shiny Rabbit will work with 9???
quote:

This is not the case, i had 8.1 and stuffplug worked fine. Then WLM 8.1 stopped working for me so i changed to 8.5 still nothing. So i upgraded to 9.0 but i really would like to have the two features, since Stuffplug IS NOT COMPATIBLE, it is installed right now but it will not work with 9.0

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by user13774 on 12-18-2007 at 08:14 PM

This topic is in the wrong forum...

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by Quantum on 12-18-2007 at 08:26 PM

Well just install the versions that will work with the ad-ons you want. Until updates nothing can happen :S

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by Oxy on 12-18-2007 at 08:38 PM

There's no point having stuffplug compatible with a beta because:
A) It's a beta and stuffplug may cause errors that aren't wlms fault, and you may end up reporting a false bug.
B)you shouldn't have the beta anyway if you're not an official tester.
C) Betas change all the time, and programs made compatible for it could be reliable in a minor updated version..
you'll have to stick with SP and 8.5 for now.

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by aNILEator on 12-18-2007 at 08:39 PM

FYI SP doesn't even have a WLM9.0 compatible version for private beta testers yet ;)

SP3 will be WLM 8.5
SP4 will be WLM 9.0

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by vikke on 12-18-2007 at 08:47 PM

The whole library Stuffplug depended on has been changed so much in WLM9 that Stuffplug stopped working. So they'll develop SP4, which will support these new changes in the library. Do not expect it anytime soon though, since the development hasn't started yet.

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by MicroWay on 12-18-2007 at 10:21 PM

Guys... Stuffplug stoped working when since he got WLM 8.1....
Even with the updates on WLM he made (going to 8,5 and then to 9) stuffplug doesn't work...
I've take a look on the stuffplug"s website, and the actual file is only for WLM8....

So, he came here to ask/request for this 2 features: Chat-only name and Friendlyname Editor..... So, anyone interested on making this scripts????
:)

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by aNILEator on 12-18-2007 at 10:57 PM

SP3 for 8.5 should be public soon hopefully so it's worth waiting more than someone starting a script

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by TheBlasphemer on 12-19-2007 at 08:38 AM

plzdie :/

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by user13774 on 12-19-2007 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer

Srry TB, people really like the features you add to messenger with SP, but they also don't like to wait for a compatible version with an completely unknown ETA. :rolleyes:
RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by TheBlasphemer on 12-19-2007 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
quote:

Srry TB, people really like the features you add to messenger with SP, but they also don't like to wait for a compatible version with an completely unknown ETA. :rolleyes:

Srry Markus (and all others), but Developers don't like feature stealing.
And for your information, some developers have a life, with university, with families, with other things to do besides working full-time on some program for idiots like these guys.
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by markee on 12-19-2007 at 12:42 PM

I can assure you that a feature like this probably will never be added by a script anyway because it means editting the message being sent from the user.  Personally I think that is a little too much for people around here to do and I am very happy to let TB go for his life on the feature. :P

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by user13774 on 12-19-2007 at 01:54 PM

quote:
And for your information, some developers have a life, with university, with families, with other things to do besides working full-time on some program for idiots like these guys.

Understandable. But this kinda stuff happens when you make a populair piece of software. People get impatient when it requires updating :wink:
RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by davidpolitis on 12-19-2007 at 02:03 PM

quote:
People get impatient when it requires updating :wink:
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
FYI SP doesn't even have a WLM9.0 compatible version for private beta testers yet ;)
It's not like he's not bothering to do anything and he has a busier life now.
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by user13774 on 12-19-2007 at 04:09 PM

Duh, I understand what he said. I also read what he posted on StuffPlug.com. Of course it is not a simple change that needs to be done, but it's still 'updating'. I was just talking in general.

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by 0Blackmage0 on 12-20-2007 at 05:06 AM

TB, Im not trying to ruin your work, or anything... I am a huge fan of Stuffplug and its features, Recently I was forced to switch up to WLM 9.0 (Trust me im not to happy about it, since there are a few features that i really would like to have). There is something funny is going on with my computer so i cant open WLM V8.1 OR V8.5. Given the fact that you have school and family and such, i was just requesting a few features to be added as scripts since there will most likly not be a Stuffplug update for V9.0 for a LONG time. Its not like i have asked someone to recreate the whole thing and implement it into MSG PLUS LIVE!, i was simply looking for a quick fix to hold over until you have time to update stuffplug (at your own pace of coarse).

Anyways on another note: Merry Christmas..

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by riahc4 on 12-21-2007 at 10:43 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah but TB Im sorry but if you have certain users of your product and you dont deliver a updates, people are going to make/use alternatives whether you like it or not. Looks at Vista: Many of Vista's features were made/thought up of years back while Apple released its OSX with those features already implanted since they got the idea from Microsoft and now Vista gets released and of course there are other products that have its same features.

TB there comes a point in life whether it is either study or work. I recommend you keep studing and, if you dont want to release the source code, share it with someone you can trust so they can continue development. Maybe talk to Patchou if he would be intrested in merging some Stuffplug code into Plus!
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by markee on 12-21-2007 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
either study or school
aren't they the same thing?

TB has always been slow with his releases, but he gets them out and does a good job of them.  There is no point someone else making them when TB is going to make a more reliabl product.  Some script kiddie might try, but they arent going to be in it for the long haul like TB and that is what you have to realise.

Furthermore, it is against copyright to profit off someone else's work (even the idea).  I know I seem like a bit of a hypocrit with web2live when you look at web2messenger, but at the time of us beginning development W2M was classed as dead by everyone and even TB was saying that he didnt think it was coming back any time soon.
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by MicroWay on 12-21-2007 at 03:13 PM

Well.... Don't have much to coment after this:

quote:
quote:
program for idiots like these guys.
Good to know that who uses Stuffplug is an Idiot...
Good that I don't use it for the simple reason that when WLM was on 8 (and Patchou was making releases) a looong time passed since the realiase of Stuffplug. So I discovered that I could live without the program: now, with what you said, I'm more happy.... Marry Christmas... ;)

ScrenShot: Oops...
[Image: attachment.php?pid=876331]
RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by TheBlasphemer on 12-21-2007 at 03:16 PM

quote:
Well.... Don't have much to coment after this:
quote:
quote:
Good that I don't use it for the simple reason that when WLM was on 8 (and Patchou was making releases) a looong time passed since the realiase of Stuffplug. So I discovered that I could live without the program: now, with what you said, I'm more happy.... Marry Christmas... ;)

ScrenShot: Oops...
[Image: attachment.php?pid=876331]
Do you think you could rephrase that entire post in decent english ?
I would rather not Marry christmas, I hardly know her :/

Edit:
and now for the actual response:
quote:

quote:

"these guys" refers to certain people in this thread, like you. I don't see how you can interpret that as "Users of StuffPlug" without a serious lacking in your education of the english language.
quote:

the realiase of Stuffplug.

Wow, that sounds really really impressive. I'm not sure what it actually means though, it's the first time I've actually come across the word "realiase"...

quote:

So I discovered that I could live without the program

Honestly, I couldn't care less about you using StuffPlug or not. Just don't steal my features, that's all I'm asking.
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by MicroWay on 12-21-2007 at 03:35 PM

quote:

quote:

I've updated it before you post... :P haha

Well...
"program for idiots like these guys." -> You make the program to people like these guys you're refering they are idiots... :P:P...

Ok, ok... Let's start again, without fights: I was asking a bit of respect on this post... because ok.... I have to agree with you: as all people you're not a robot and you didn't live only to code.... And you've the idea to make it... for me ok... But you don't have to use a "plz die" or a "program for idiots"..
When you came to this post, I was only saying what the post creator said and not request anything... If was that the idea, sorry...
;)

So.. let's erase all this and continue our lifes.... :)
RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by TheBlasphemer on 12-21-2007 at 03:44 PM

quote:

quote:

I've updated it before you post... :P haha

Wow, you write in an incomprehensible manner, and then when it takes me a while to decipher your post, you think you're funny by modifying your post while I'm reading it? Wow, you amaze me with each and every post :/

quote:

Well...
"program for idiots like these guys." -> You make the program to people like these guys you're refering they are idiots... :P:P...

My only advise would be to re-read my posts, possibly with a dictionary at your side, and keep reading it till you actually understand what is written there.
quote:

Ok, ok... Let's start again, without fights: I was asking a bit of respect on this post... because ok.... I have to agree with you: as all people you're not a robot and you didn't live only to code.... And you've the idea to make it... for me ok... But you don't have to use a "plz die" or a "program for idiots"..
When you came to this post, I was only saying what the post creator said and not request anything... If was that the idea, sorry...
;)

So.. let's erase all this and continue our lifes.... :)
So now you're losing the battle, and you expect everyone to just ignore it?
Just fuck off already :/
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by MicroWay on 12-21-2007 at 03:46 PM

And you think I'm loosing?? hahahahha.. And you think I mind....

Ok... So go program Stuffplug for the idiots (as you first use it) and leave us with our lifes....
Better???? :P

PS: I suggest you to read the entire thread... but....

RE: RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by davidpolitis on 12-21-2007 at 08:42 PM

quote:
"these guys" refers to certain people in this thread, like you. I don't see how you can interpret that as "Users of StuffPlug" without a serious lacking in your education of the english language.
You complain about his English, yet you've made some errors yourself. :/

quote:
So go program Stuffplug for the idiots (as you first use it).
He was referring to the people in the thread.
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by riahc4 on 12-21-2007 at 09:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
either study or school
aren't they the same thing?

Fixed my post. Sorry about that

quote:
Originally posted by markee

Furthermore, it is against copyright to profit off someone else's work (even the idea).
Yep...Thats why Linux/OSX/Windows/etc is are all illegal since they are based on Xerox. :rollseyes:

Dont talk shit out of your mouth, please.

quote:
Honestly, I couldn't care less about you using StuffPlug or not. Just don't steal my features, that's all I'm asking.
1: Noone is stealing your features. Only borrowing your ideas; He doesnt copy your code so it is not stealing.
2: Don't make fun of someone's spelling of a certain language. It is childish and AFAIK your first language isnt english either.

quote:

He wrote the post in Word, proofed it, then posted the reply. Its too obvious lol.
RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by davidpolitis on 12-21-2007 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Thats why Linux/OSX/Windows/etc is are all illegal since they are based on Xerox. :rollseyes:

You tell him to not talk shit from his mouth, yet you always make grammatical mistakes. Also, what you're saying is totally different.

quote:
He wrote the post in Word, proofed it, then posted the reply. Its too obvious lol.
Yes. I so badly did. ^o) Unlike you, English is my first language. Even if you search all of my computer, you will not find Word or anything alike.
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by MicroWay on 12-21-2007 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by davidpolitis

quote:
So go program Stuffplug for the idiots (as you first use it).
He was referring to the people in the thread.
;) Don't worry..... hehehe....
quote:

hahah.. :P
I just wrote it directly on the post... Didn't use Word :P:P
English here isn't the first language (as you said it right)...
quote:
Please... can we try to start making polite posts again??? I know you're no guilty about all, but, please.... ;)
quote:
quote:

quote:
2: Don't make fun of someone's spelling of a certain language. It is childish and AFAIK your first language isnt english either.
Thanks both (Y)....
;)
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by CookieRevised on 12-21-2007 at 10:17 PM

The "idiots" in this thread requested what any user of any program would request if that program isn't being updated anymore for a long time...

I don't see how such requests are "stealing" stuff.

Personally I have copied a feature of StuffPlug a long time ago and made a script out of it. And I need to do my own reverse engineering to make it work with current versions. And there are some people who also have this script, because StuffPlug isn't alive anymore.

I wont release it in public out of respect of the author of StuffPlug. However, to respect a whish from an author who don't seem to respect some if its users seems a bit silly too... What I want to say is, TB, that was not the best reaction you could've given here and I don't see any "idiot" in this thread...

Personally I can learn a thing or two from MicroWay, since he kept civil in times of flaming....

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by Spunky on 12-21-2007 at 10:36 PM

I wouldn't be too happy if someone stole a feature that I had made. This is the same principle as someone making a program that can tab conversation windows and add script functionality (although MP!L is still very much alive and is therefore a different case really).

If a program has not been updated for a while, it does not mean that it never will be and that we should be raping features for our own good. If the program was "dead" then yes... but you should still get permission from the author.

IIRC, SP is compatible with WLM 8.5, so why would anybody need these featues built into MP!L? (Note to OP: If versions lower than 9.0 don't work, I suggest you use a web messenger until you can find the problem or Microsoft release 9.0; Using WLM 9.0 if you're not a BETA tester just  slows down the testing process and puts further load on the servers.)

I think overall, if the function is copied directly, that is stealing. If you can improve on it and make it more reliable, that is just an improvement. MP!L took out the Nickname feature because WLM had it; I wouldn't expect them to add things after somebody else has already done it.

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by Patchou on 12-21-2007 at 10:55 PM

TB, don't insult people on my forum.

All this talk about "stealing" is what's really stupid here. Let people do what they want to do, they don't need your or my approval anyway. As Cookie said, there's no reason to act so strongly seeing you've not updated your software in a long time. I can perfectly understand why some people would want some features back, they won't wait for you forever and they don't have to. Learn to live with it.

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by riahc4 on 12-22-2007 at 01:56 AM

quote:
quote:
Thats why Linux/OSX/Windows/etc is are all illegal since they are based on Xerox. :rollseyes:

You tell him to not talk shit from his mouth, yet you always make grammatical mistakes. Also, what you're saying is totally different.

I was talking about his "Furthermore, it is against copyright to profit off someone else's work (even the idea). " comment not your/his english.

quote:

quote:
Yes. I so badly did. ^o) Unlike you, English is my first language. Even if you search all of my computer, you will not find Word or anything alike.
Again I was not talking about you. I was talking about TB.

quote:
The "idiots" in this thread requested what any user of any program would request if that program isn't being updated anymore for a long time...

and why are we (including you cookie) idiots for requesting a update to a program and/or a script that does that same program?
Explain...

quote:
I wouldn't be too happy if someone stole a feature that I had made.

TB didnt make those features; He just wrote them in code and implanted them his way
A prime example: Plus! has had a 1100 character booster; Stuffplug has a 5000 character booster. Stuffplug "borrowed" the idea from Plus! and implanted it in its own (and this case) better way.
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by vikke on 12-22-2007 at 09:08 AM

quote:
A prime example: Plus! has had a 1100 character booster; Stuffplug has a 5000 character booster. Stuffplug "borrowed" the idea from Plus! and implanted it in its own (and this case) better way.
This is not the case. Plus! didn't want to boost the character limit too much, so they added a limit for 1100. When TB saw it was possible to boost up to 5000, probably told Patchou about it. I would call that abuse on the Messenger-server, when the actual limit is 600 or something. That's why it wasn't lengthen in Plus!, but TB decided to add this feature into Stuffplug 3.

TB improved this feature because Patchou didn't want to.
RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by CookieRevised on 12-22-2007 at 09:47 AM

quote:
quote:
and why are we (including you cookie) idiots for requesting a update to a program and/or a script that does that same program?
Explain...
hu? :dodgy: That's exactly the entire point of many posts in this thread. Read the entire posts/thread to understand what is being discussed here and that idiots is the term used by TB which I quoted (literally with quotes) to emphasize that nobody is an idiot here. :rolleyes: :dodgy:

You even use this same way of writing and quoting in your own posts.... :/

quote:
Plus! doesn't boost it to 5000 because it can give problems in some cases. In that aspect I don't call TB's implementation an improvement or a better way.

More like a (calculated) risk which might fail in some cases, and like vikke said, "abusing" the system. Remember what happened when the enlarged DP feature was implemented and abused by a lot of people? With adding such features also comes responsebility and one should think twice what the consequences might be when implementing such features.

Such stuff is (righfully) not done in Plus!, which goes first for stability and compatibility. There is somewhere an ancient post about this from Patchou also...

Anyways, all this is beside the point...

RE: RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by Shiny Rabbit on 12-22-2007 at 11:09 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Shiny Rabbit
quote:
Im not running 8.5, im looking to add these 2 features to 9.0
See???
Your mthod, Shiny Rabbit will work with 9??? :)

no, WLM9 doesn't work with stuffplug at all, i find WLM9 to be completly worthless at this time

though i would very much like to see chat-only name, open URLs in default browser and taskbar icon reflect's contact's status in a future version of plus rather than having to wait 50 years for the next stuffplug release... if there is going to be one
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by riahc4 on 12-22-2007 at 11:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Plus! doesn't boost it to 5000 because it can give problems in some cases. In that aspect I don't call TB's implementation an improvement or a better way.

More like a (calculated) risk which might fail in some cases, and like vikke said, "abusing" the system. Remember what happened when the enlarged DP feature was implemented and abused by a lot of people? With adding such features also comes responsebility and one should think twice what the consequences might be when implementing such features.

Such stuff is (righfully) not done in Plus!, which goes first for stability and compatibility. There is somewhere an ancient post about this from Patchou also...

Anyways, all this is beside the point...[/color][/size]

I think there has been alot of misunderstanding here from what I can see.

Yes but even though it gives problems (the booster) it is implanted and the feature is borrowed from Plus! but the code is implanted in TB's ("better"; note the quotation marks cookie :P ) own way. He didnt steal a Plus! feature; He just "improved" it

TB you shouldnt be talking either as I remember that the original size display picture was not your idea; it was thought up of by wtbw and you just took the idea and implanted in stuffplug; I dont know what your complains are.
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by aNILEator on 12-22-2007 at 11:48 AM

Not wanting to offend TB or insult his work as have lots of respect for both, so I'll just lay down a fact and see what you guys think.

The Stuffplug build in testing currently 'can' offer Tabbed Chats and I know that Scripts/Plugins were being developed too.

Although they are implemented differently and SP Scripts (I believe) have access to more of the internal section of Messenger, potentially allowing buttons and stuff to be added within menu's.

Personally I don't think this is stealing, as they work differently and will use different code, and should co-exist quite nicely, tabbed chats do need some more tweaking currently, that's if they even stay in I'll assume the same goes for scripts and content, personally I can't wait to help TB create some Dynamic Content, you might even see me make some clay based work for messenger :)

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by Sunshine on 12-22-2007 at 12:50 PM

quote:
Yes but even though it gives problems (the booster) it is implanted and the feature is borrowed from Plus! but the code is implanted in TB's ("better"; note the quotation marks cookie  ) own way. He didnt steal a Plus! feature; He just "improved" it

TB you shouldnt be talking either as I remember that the original size display picture was not your idea; it was thought up of by wtbw and you just took the idea and implanted in stuffplug; I dont know what your complains are.
Sorry to butt in here but unless you know exactly if, how and which developers communicate with eachother and about what you should not be pointing fingers. In fact don't point fingers at all, all it does is provoke. Devs can fight out such stuff between themselves (off forums). I can understand TB got annoyed at the tought of someone copying or tryin to copy features he's spend ages on developing, yet his wording could have been different. Let's just leave it at that.

RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by riahc4 on 01-10-2008 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
Yes but even though it gives problems (the booster) it is implanted and the feature is borrowed from Plus! but the code is implanted in TB's ("better"; note the quotation marks cookie  ) own way. He didnt steal a Plus! feature; He just "improved" it

Sorry to butt in here but unless you know exactly if, how and which developers communicate with eachother and about what you should not be pointing fingers. In fact don't point fingers at all, all it does is provoke. Devs can fight out such stuff between themselves (off forums). I can understand TB got annoyed at the tought of someone copying or tryin to copy features he's spend ages on developing, yet his wording could have been different. Let's just leave it at that.

You Sunshine like I have been here a while and I believe you also know (and TB himself has said it) that wtbw helped him do the original size DP feature in SP....
There is nothing you can say about that.
RE: [Request] 2 MAJOR stuffplug features by aNILEator on 01-10-2008 at 07:57 PM

yes HELP not stole

He didn't take any ideas what other addon adds those features? wtbwplug never got released and that was for MSN 6 or 7 only.