Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! in Vista Aero - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! in Vista Aero (/showthread.php?tid=80174)

Messenger Plus! in Vista Aero by stalex on 12-17-2007 at 09:45 PM

Hello, I'd like to report some bugs, or maybe they're not bugs, I don't know, but they are not cool...

1. When you chat, and then you flip in Aero 3D the chat windows remains in background... (img 1) And when you have tabbed chatting same happens (img 2)

2. When you use windows Aero, you can't see a preview of chat window (img 3), this happens with tabbed chatting too (img 4), but not with windows live messenger contact list (img 5) or any other program

Ah, and there are no problems of this kind when Messenger Plus! is not installed...

These "problems" happen since Vista came out... I thought it would be cool to integrate Messenger Plus! with this new (****ing) operating system...

Sorry 4 bad English :D

[Image: img1gd4.th.jpg][Image: img2ad7.th.jpg][Image: img3lk3.th.jpg][Image: img4jh7.th.jpg][Image: img5ji8.th.jpg]
             Img 1                     Img 2                     Img 3                     Img 4                     Img 5

RE: Messenger Plus! in Vista Aero by MattyRid on 12-17-2007 at 09:49 PM

if I'm not mistaken a number of those are known limitations. I'm sure, perhaps one of the beta testers could confirm this?

RE: Messenger Plus! in Vista Aero by vaccination on 12-17-2007 at 10:01 PM

I cannot reproduce these.(without tabbed chats*)

Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1, v.668 (6.0.6001)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.0816
Messenger Plus! Live 4.50.0.310

*Tabbed chat ones are known bugs

RE: Messenger Plus! in Vista Aero by stalex on 12-17-2007 at 10:09 PM

Hmm, I have Vista Ultimate and Vista Home Premium on laptop + Windows Live Messenger (Build 8.5.1302.1018) + Messenger Plus! Live 4.50.0.312 and I always had these "bugs" even on earlier versions of WLM & MP!L :S

RE: Messenger Plus! in Vista Aero by Chestah on 12-17-2007 at 11:56 PM

With Tabbed chats enabled these are known limitations with Messenger Plus! Live and Windows Vista. Patchous made changes over the last builds improving it as far as i remember but due to incomplete/inadequate Vista APIs he hasn't been able to get it working as people would generally expect!

Edit: For example in flip 3d where you see the tabbed chat window appear in the background - that was one change Patchou made - the other option being that it would simply not appear anywhere :).

RE: Messenger Plus! in Vista Aero by ahmetgns on 12-18-2007 at 06:29 AM

When you opened more than one tab in conversation window, it doesn't mean tabbed chats feature started to function on the computer. Even if you have only one conversation (if you see no tabs), the tabs feature are still functioning so causes those limitations. You can check the taskbar button's right-click menu when you have only one chat (without a second tab), you'll see the custom Plus! menu for tabbed chats. So in fact the real reason is

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
With Tabbed chats enabled...

RE: Messenger Plus! in Vista Aero by stalex on 12-18-2007 at 07:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
the other option being that it would simply not appear anywhere
Oh, ok, thx :)