Shoutbox

[QQ] Arrow beside DN/PSM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [QQ] Arrow beside DN/PSM (/showthread.php?tid=80178)

[QQ] Arrow beside DN/PSM by Nagamasa on 12-17-2007 at 11:46 PM

Me and probably a lot of other people have very quick questions as to skinning, i.e., what picture is this?, how do I change that?, etc. etc.. This is a good opportunity for mid-level skinners to shine a bit.

Instead of wasting tids, we could have one thread for all these simple questions, and perhaps encourage those who are shy and scared of being flamed for being so noob can ask.

How do I change the little arrow beside the display name and personal message on the contact window?
RE: Skins Quick Question Thread by Spunky on 12-17-2007 at 11:55 PM

Just a little note - This thread will become cluttered and unreadable by those who want answers to their specific problems. Maybe we could do something similar to the scripts "Tips" thread where people just post useful things rather than actually asking questions

RE: Skins Quick Question Thread by Nagamasa on 12-18-2007 at 12:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
This thread will become cluttered and unreadable by those who want answers to their specific problems.

Well this is a Quick Question thing, and if a question is so complex that a good skinner can't even answer in one go, then it's not really "quick." It could be used for 1 line questions with 1 line answers. And maybe that's why we have a Search tool and a Ctrl+F.

RE: Skins Quick Question Thread by Spunky on 12-18-2007 at 12:20 AM

Say there are 10 questions; 20 posts (1 question and 1 answer)... Thats 2 pages of the default layout used up. Skinners aren't going to think to search a thread full of posts unrelated to their problem to find a solution and will post their own thread. Thats why we have threads and not just a long list oof posts

RE: [QQ] Arrow beside DN/PSM by Nagamasa on 12-18-2007 at 01:49 AM

True...so how do I change the little arrow beside the display name and personal message on the contact window?

RE: [QQ] Arrow beside DN/PSM by Spunky on 12-18-2007 at 02:24 AM

I think it's one of these:
msgres_4000_634.png
msgres_4000_1373.png
msgres_4000_1457.png
msgres_4000_2173.png
msgres_4000_2174.png

They all look pretty similar. Just trial and error from there unless somebody has the exact one

RE: [QQ] Arrow beside DN/PSM by Willz on 12-18-2007 at 07:05 AM

the arrow next to the nickname and PSM is not a image resource, it is a string that comes under the element with the word "caret" so you can only change the color of it.

Unless of course you add code to replace it with an image.