Shoutbox

Tooltip/Alt Text - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Tooltip/Alt Text (/showthread.php?tid=80195)

Tooltip/Alt Text by djdannyp on 12-18-2007 at 04:13 PM

Is there a way to change the alt text when it is a non-unique one?

For example, I've changed it so that when you click on your display picture in the contact list it opens the display picture chooser, rather than the contact card.  I haven't, however, changed this in the chat window, as there is a display picture chooser easily available in there.

The tool-tip text for both of these comes from the same string, reaing "View your contact card".  However, I wish to change the one on the contact list to "Change your display picture" or something like that

Is this possible?

RE: Tooltip/Alt Text by Matti on 12-18-2007 at 05:20 PM

Yes, you can specify what text is used for an element (or whatever you want to give a tooltip) using the AccDesc attribute. :)

Take a look at the style UIFILE for 923, and look for:

code:
usertileview[id=atom(idMainWndUserTile)]
{
AccName:rcstr(46486);
AccDesc:rcstr(44089);
}
The AccName describes the name of it, while the AccDesc is the tooltip. You can change that to:
code:
AccDesc:rcstr(46485);
and it will show something like "Your display picture. Click it to change it." (don't know the exact translation, I'm on a Dutch Messenger version) To look up this number, check "msglang_strings.txt" in the "Strings & Colors" folder of your extractions by Plus! Live. The strings are always preceded by a number, which you can use for anything and you can be assured that it'll work on every Messenger translation. ;)
RE: Tooltip/Alt Text by vikke on 12-18-2007 at 06:28 PM

If you want to have your own tooltip instead, it won't be translatable for different languages of Messenger. Do like this:

code:
AccDesc:"Tooltip here";
in the stylesheet.
RE: Tooltip/Alt Text by djdannyp on 12-18-2007 at 10:20 PM

Thanks, that exactly what i'm after.

I was looking in the definition file and WLM was having none of it!

Cheers

RE: Tooltip/Alt Text by aNILEator on 12-18-2007 at 10:56 PM

Otherwise create a new string/edit an existing string