Shoutbox

Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! (/showthread.php?tid=80197)

Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by Nathan on 12-18-2007 at 05:24 PM

Hi,

I recently bought an iPhone from ebay and cancceled it now, because I noticed it was not unlocked.

How hard is it to unlock an iPhone, and what are the risks?

Thanks (could people supply me with some links to hack it)

Thanks

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by Oxy on 12-18-2007 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
Thanks (could people supply me with some links to hack it)
No, since that would be against the rules. (i think? :S) |-)
RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by Quantum on 12-18-2007 at 05:57 PM

Ive done it before, if you go wrong you will have to reflash your ipod. Up too you....

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by mynetx on 12-18-2007 at 07:14 PM

try looking for that one => http:// iphone dot unlock dot no

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by vaccination on 12-18-2007 at 07:25 PM

they're easy to unlock.

iPhones are shit though.

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by duck! on 12-18-2007 at 07:33 PM

Tried using google?

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by Shippo on 12-18-2007 at 11:33 PM

Well, the iPhone has long since been unlocked, but normally when you get one like that, more than likely... the price is upwards of around $1,500 or more.. IMO, it's not really worth it at all, but that's just me. (AT&T sucks anyway, I'm tired of their service >.<)

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by aNILEator on 12-19-2007 at 02:43 AM

We've got 02 in the UK

I still lol how they say that 02 are just what they're looking for yet went with orange in France and T-Mobile in Germany etc :P

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by ShawnZ on 12-19-2007 at 02:59 AM

i would tell you they're fucking easy as hell to unlock, but instead i'll just call you an idiot for making such a shit choice in phonage

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by Eddie on 12-19-2007 at 03:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
i would tell you they're fucking easy as hell to unlock, but instead i'll just call you an idiot for making such a shit choice in phonage
kind of harsh, considering that its his decision as to what phone he has wants to buy, you can advise but dont be so harsh about it :S that wasnt really warranted...just a simple google search will find ur answer nathan(H)

Personally don't like the iPhone becus of its lack of 3G Technology, the camera is pretty bad to but i dont see whats THAT wrong with it as a phone.
RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by aNILEator on 12-19-2007 at 03:13 AM

You seem to forget eddie that shawnz is our community bastard/arsehole and life without his harsh rude insulting comments wouldn't be the same :P

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by andrewdodd13 on 12-19-2007 at 10:37 AM

Eddie: Apparently it also doesn't have MMS support... so it's like a Nokia 3310 with a colour and touch screen... and web-browser. And £900 for 18 months price tag.

I would imagine you're not allowed to buy unlocked iPhones on ebay since they're theoretically illegal. (It's not illegal to unlock as far as I'm aware, but it voids the contract with O2... so...)

It depends what firmware it has which makes the difference in how it is to unlock, I believe. Kinda like a PSP.

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by Jarrod on 12-19-2007 at 01:31 PM

how can the iphone not have mms?
mms has been around for eva
----------------------------------------
o2 flame pwns

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by aNILEator on 12-19-2007 at 02:49 PM

PSP's can be 'unlocked' and set free into the beautiful world of custom firmware and homebrew on any version now with the Pandora Battery :)

I can't wait to get my PSP back from my cousin, hopefully 3.80 M33 will be out by the time she comes down with it fixed :)

RE: RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by Chunk1993 on 12-19-2007 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
PSP's can be 'unlocked' and set free into the beautiful world of custom firmware and homebrew on any version now with the Pandora Battery :)

OFF TOPIC..

Do you need an extra PSP battery to do a Pandora Battery thing?

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by aNILEator on 12-19-2007 at 03:29 PM

"Yes you do" - kinda.... mostly....usually.... yes

You need access to an already homebrew enabled PSP, then you can flash the battery with one of the various pandora makers.

The kinda mostly stuff is there are some pandora flashers that will enable you to use the battery as both a pandora and a normal battery at the same time, without re-flashing to the normal state.

Also you could hard wire the battery to be a pandora battery, and you wouldn't need a new battery. All methods however; you will require the Pandora/Magic Memory Stick files once again there are some modified ones that will install the latest custom firmware or whatever instead etc, just a matter of tracking them down (not hard, all available from the major PSP news sites) and choosing which one to use.

[end of off topic]

Anyway hope you enjoy your iphone and don't feel stupid when the new model comes out soon :P

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by absorbation on 12-19-2007 at 04:52 PM

How much did you spend on eBay? You can just buy it from the Apple website (should be cheaper) :P.

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by Nathan on 12-19-2007 at 06:35 PM

I bought it off ebay for £290.

I cancelled it because it wasnt unlocked. So i am looking elsewhere (preferably for an unlocked one)

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by absorbation on 12-19-2007 at 06:49 PM

As long as you have a wireless router the process is quick and easy, just buy it directly from Apple :P.

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by Nathan on 12-19-2007 at 06:50 PM

Ok, I have a wireless router (currently not in pace though) i think its broke - my big bro stoodon it hahah

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by freak544 on 12-19-2007 at 06:57 PM

I found a tutorial earlier ust by searching google and found an article but it seems you can only unlock it if its on a certain firmware

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by rav0 on 12-20-2007 at 09:50 AM

Check out this site:

http://iphone.unlock.no/

No guarantees though, I only found it, not made or used it...

RE: Who here has an iPhone - help needeed!! by xXxTehxXx on 12-24-2007 at 09:23 PM

By far simplest thing hacking-wise.

Overview: Downgrade firm, shift-click in iTunes it flashes old firmware, go to jailbreak on your iPhone, bang. It's now unlocked.

Same goes for a iPod Touch (which is what I have), exact same process except there is no phone calling yourself.