Shoutbox

in the latest version...tabbed chats? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: in the latest version...tabbed chats? (/showthread.php?tid=80210)

in the latest version...tabbed chats? by tominic on 12-18-2007 at 10:04 PM

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this or it was intentional. In the latest plus, I've noticed that the tab chat behaviour is different. I'm not sure how the general rule works, but say I click Tab 1 when I'm on Tab 2, and then go to a different window such as Firefox, then back to messenger. It's back on Tab 2, rather than Tab 1. Which can be very confusing :)

Cheers

tom

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by MicroWay on 12-18-2007 at 10:32 PM

Well... When you "left" the window in one tab and when you re-open the window: is it appearing the same tab when you left it???
If so, I think it's all ok....

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by MattyRid on 12-19-2007 at 10:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tominic
I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this or it was intentional. In the latest plus, I've noticed that the tab chat behaviour is different. I'm not sure how the general rule works, but say I click Tab 1 when I'm on Tab 2, and then go to a different window such as Firefox, then back to messenger. It's back on Tab 2, rather than Tab 1. Which can be very confusing [Image: msn_happy.gif]

Cheers

tom
I seem to be experiencing a similar behaviour. I can be on one conversation with contact one and as soon as I go to firefox it goes to contact 2 and that conversation. So far that is with 2 conversations...I'll try with three in a minute when I start a conversation with someone in a sec.

Edit: seems to happen with any number of contacts...I can only assume to reproduce, as it seems to be the way I've noticed happening, you need to let a contact start a conversation, then you start one with someone else and then once you start going to other applications you can see it change.

Edit 2: and it seems after one of the open conversations is closed, it returns to normal operation. Sounds like a bug to me
RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by tominic on 12-19-2007 at 08:15 PM

Hey,

yeah i'm pretty sure it's a bug - if not, could there please be a feature to turn it off? LOL

cheers (Y)

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by Patchou on 12-19-2007 at 08:26 PM

So this happens only with Firefox? when you switch from one application to the other, do you minimize the chat windows?

Thanks,

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by MattyRid on 12-19-2007 at 08:28 PM

When I saw it, this was something I forgot to mention, even if I minimised it, the same thing would happen until of course one of the open conversations is closed and it returns to normal operation

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by tominic on 12-19-2007 at 08:30 PM

It's with every app. I don't minimize the chat no.

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by MattyRid on 12-19-2007 at 08:37 PM

quote:
It's with every app. I don't minimize the chat no.
I can now confirm that as well, just tried it with going to skype this time.

However, it's starting to make a liar out of me in regards to minimizing :P
RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by tominic on 12-20-2007 at 07:18 PM

Though, I've selected the Messenger Plus multiple accounts thing in preferences, and logged into another account (whilst the other one is running) and it doesn't do it with that one.

Strange?

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by MattyRid on 12-20-2007 at 09:03 PM

quote:
Though, I've selected the Messenger Plus multiple accounts thing in preferences, and logged into another account (whilst the other one is running) and it doesn't do it with that one.

Strange?

not with me. I still saw the same behaviour
RE: RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by vincebratyesz on 12-28-2007 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
So this happens only with Firefox? when you switch from one application to the other, do you minimize the chat windows?

Thanks,

Hello Patchou!

I have a little bug. When I enable the tabbed chats, then the preview window and the Flip 3d are doesn't work in Windows Vista.

Sincerely,
Vince
RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by tominic on 01-24-2008 at 07:16 PM

hey sorry to mention it again - but this still is a bug for me. (the original post)

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by Patchou on 01-25-2008 at 07:17 PM

I'll work on a fix for this, thx :)

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by mrllcoolj on 03-04-2008 at 02:57 PM

Hi

I have found a problem:- if you enable stuff plug and messenger plus at same time, then make sure you choose either the stuffplug tabbed chat or the messenger plus tab chat. if you have BOTH on, it mucks up your conversation windows.

personally, i prefer the tabbed chat from messenger plus, so can you have an option to disable the stuffplug tabbed chat without having to go into the options? it took me a  while to work out what the problem is and i dont think a novice would necessarily know where to look...

Further to this, I can't work out if this is a stuff plug error or a messenger plus error, so i'm posting this in both forums. can anyone help?

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by ahmetgns on 03-04-2008 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mrllcoolj
so can you have an option to disable the stuffplug tabbed chat without having to go into the options?
Why should Plus! interfere to  another add-on, StuffPlug's feature!? StuffPlug doesn't enable its own tabbed chat feature as well as Plus! anyway. So people must decide which one to use? Not both of course unless they like their windows look crowded.

And also I tried now that if you use your chat windows maximized no problem appears while using both tabs enabled. Also if you show the menubar without maximizing the windows, then again no big problem appears, except some small problems.

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by Spunky on 03-04-2008 at 08:55 PM

How about something to disable MP!L's tabs if stuffplug is using it's own or something similar. Stuffplug can't be controlled from MP!L, but surely it can tell us whether or not  certain feature is active...

RE: RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by mrllcoolj on 03-05-2008 at 03:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
How about something to disable MP!L's tabs if stuffplug is using it's own or something similar. Stuffplug can't be controlled from MP!L, but surely it can tell us whether or not  certain feature is active...

Thats exacty what i was trying to suggest SpunkyLoveMuff....8-)
RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by Patchou on 03-05-2008 at 09:09 PM

I leave that up to TB.

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by mrllcoolj on 03-07-2008 at 06:45 PM

tb?

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by ahmetgns on 03-07-2008 at 07:12 PM

I don't think this is necessary as much as you think. Also if Patchou will not do that, then even if TB does it, one can enable first the StuffPlug's tabs, after that enable MsgPlus!'s tabs so the same problem will occur.

Also someone who uses chat windows maximized may want to use both at the same time (as I said, using window maximized will prevent the problem).

So in my opinion just leave users with their own decisions on this.

RE: in the latest version...tabbed chats? by Spunky on 03-07-2008 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mrllcoolj
tb?

TheBlashpemer, Creator of StuffPlug