Shoutbox

Plus lock letting convos through - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Plus lock letting convos through (/showthread.php?tid=80231)

Plus lock letting convos through by MerryChristmas on 12-19-2007 at 06:40 PM

Heeelllooooo

So I've tried searching these forums and around the net, but most problems relating to the Messenger Lock function in Plus! are to do with keyboard shortcuts not working.

My problem is not that. WLM locks as it should, however certain conversations are not locked away, e.g. I close all conversations and lock messenger, and I come back a few hours later. There is one conversation sitting there in the task bar, blinking at me. Now if I unlock WLM there are other new conversations, but only this one conversation is making it through. I have got this contact who makes it through the lock to talk to me while I lock WLM, and have discovered that the conversation will be locked by Plus! and kept locked if the conversation window is left open, but if it opens new while WLM is locked, it will pop up on the desktop.

Any ideas?

*-)

RE: Plus lock letting convos through by Quantum on 12-19-2007 at 07:38 PM

Are you using one windows live messenger or have you opened 2. If you have you could only be locking one and the other one is still active and opening conversations.

RE: Plus lock letting convos through by MerryChristmas on 12-19-2007 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
Are you using one windows live messenger or have you opened 2. If you have you could only be locking one and the other one is still active and opening conversations.

Cheers for the input mate. ;)

Yes I am using windows live messenger, but no I haven't opened 2...

There must be someone out there with the same problem as me, IT'S CHRISTMAS AND I'M ALL ALONE!
RE: Plus lock letting convos through by Quantum on 12-19-2007 at 07:56 PM

You can try reinstalling plus?

NOTE: You may want to save your settings first.

RE: Plus lock letting convos through by MerryChristmas on 12-19-2007 at 09:09 PM

Updated it to no avail, but yeh I'll try uninstalling then re-installing it again (Y)

I'll post back later on how it goes.

RE: Plus lock letting convos through by CookieRevised on 12-20-2007 at 12:21 AM

If this is indeed happening then reinstalling will not help, as it is not a bad setting or a bad installation which would be the cause of this...

MerryChristmas, is it always the same contact for which this happens? Or doesn't it matter which contact it is? (although I think this shouldn't matter since Plus! will search for windows owned by Messenger (the current process) I think, no matter what their captions are, not sure though)

PS: MerryChristmas, Merry Christmas too ;)

RE: Plus lock letting convos through by MerryChristmas on 12-20-2007 at 04:07 PM

Hello CookieRevised,

Thank you very much for your season greetings :P

Yes it is always the same contact this happens with (though it has happened with another contact before, though not again - I'm sure the reason it has not happened with that particular contact again is due to that contact not having talked to me while my Messenger is locked since it happened)

RE: Plus lock letting convos through by CookieRevised on 12-20-2007 at 06:07 PM

- Can you give the full and exact screen name from this contact? Or does he/she changes his name all the time too?

You can get the complete raw name by right clicking the contact, then selecting "Messenger Plus! features" > "Contact Information".
Then select the contact's name (under his/her email), press CTRL+V to copy it and paste it to a new post...

- Does it happen when you have Messenger Plus!'s tabbed chatting on or off?

- What is your Windows version?

- What is your Messenger version?

RE: Plus lock letting convos through by MerryChristmas on 12-20-2007 at 07:00 PM

- Contacts name is "Hard work never killed anyone,"
They are using the 'chat only name' function in StuffPlug, so while that is their contact list and conversation window name, in the actual conversation it is "but why risk it?", as in "but why risk it? says: ***"
- I do not use tabbed chatting, so it is while tabbed chatting is off.
- Windows XP Pro build 2600 xpsp
- Messenger version is 8.1.0178.00
- Thanks ;)

RE: Plus lock letting convos through by ahmetgns on 12-25-2007 at 05:59 PM

messenger lock

Someone else reported this problem. Even my brother saw this but I still didn't see this problem.

Are you using 4.50.312 MerryChristmas? If no, update it and try to reproduce it please.

I sometimes see a program's button on taskbar at start up but as far as I remember clicking on it doesn't open program's window, it only displays a button. I want to ask a question here:

Can you open conversation window by clicking on taskbar button, or do you still have to unlock your Messenger at first to reach that convo?

Edit: Thread has been reported to be moved to Bug Reports forum.

RE: Plus lock letting convos through by MerryChristmas on 12-28-2007 at 11:52 PM

Yes I am using the latest Plus! (312), and yes I can maximise the conversation from the taskbar by clicking it

Any ideas :S