Shoutbox

Msg Plus Window Colour - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Msg Plus Window Colour (/showthread.php?tid=80269)

Msg Plus Window Colour by Clarkooo.1 on 12-20-2007 at 05:04 PM

I was wondering whether it is possible to change the window colour of the Msg Plus! Live windows from the default blue to a nice black to match my Windows Vista operating system theme which is the graphite black colour?

Thanks to anyone who helps me with this!

RE: Msg Plus Window Colour by Volv on 12-20-2007 at 05:07 PM

The MsgPlus windows should be coloured based upon the colour chosen for your Messenger contact list.

RE: Msg Plus Window Colour by Clarkooo.1 on 12-20-2007 at 05:16 PM

The windows are still the deafult blue colour..(see below)

[Image: screenoy1.jpg]

RE: Msg Plus Window Colour by Volv on 12-20-2007 at 05:20 PM

It is based on the colour chosen from the "Colorize" button in the Messenger contact list. Since your skin removes that button then you must temporarily disable the skin, then colorize your window to a suitable colour (for example, black).

EDIT: There's probably also a registry key you could modify to save the trouble of disabling the skin then re-enabling it later, but it is probably safer and more straight-forward to just use the 'longer' method.

RE: Msg Plus Window Colour by Clarkooo.1 on 12-20-2007 at 05:26 PM

I changed the colour scheme of the window and it did change the Msg Plus! windows to the black colour I would like, thanks Volv.

However the add contact window (see below) is bearly readable.

[Image: addfm7.jpg]

I know this is mearly to do with the way the skin has been made though.

Regards

RE: Msg Plus Window Colour by Volv on 12-20-2007 at 05:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Clarkooo.1
I know this is mearly to do with the way the skin has been made though.
Hmm yes.
* Volv dost summon Willz to thy thread.
RE: Msg Plus Window Colour by Clarkooo.1 on 12-20-2007 at 05:32 PM

Lmao would you be able to bring this up with Willz and see what he can do?

RE: Msg Plus Window Colour by Volv on 12-20-2007 at 05:34 PM

quote:
Lmao would you be able to bring this up with Willz and see what he can do?
All I did was send him a private message (on these forums), hopefully he'll be able to comment on the issue and if you're lucky he'll provide a fix/solution :D
RE: Msg Plus Window Colour by Clarkooo.1 on 12-20-2007 at 05:37 PM

Is it possible to edit the xml code to change the colour of the text in the black add contact window?

RE: RE: Msg Plus Window Colour by djdannyp on 12-20-2007 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Is it possible to edit the xml code to change the colour of the text in the black add contact window?

in short, yes. 

one of the consolidated windows must relate to the add contact window and from within the style file it will be possible to change the colour of the text to white
RE: Msg Plus Window Colour by Clarkooo.1 on 12-20-2007 at 08:24 PM

Well I do not know how to do this, so I guess its staying black =[

RE: Msg Plus Window Colour by Willz on 12-21-2007 at 04:07 AM

* Willz appears before a cloud of smoke because he was summoned. :P

Ok well first of all I am well aware of this issue. I did work around it a bit in the first release by setting the toast text to white so that If someone did colorize to black it would be readable. I did not do the same for the add/edit contacts because the white text is a bit hard to read with other colors

The problem is that WLM's colorize feature is just horrible in some cases (a hsb system would be much better *hint hint at patch :P)

Now I have no problem changing the text to white, but of course I did notice that it makes it a tiny bit harder to read. Either way I am doing a bit of updating with the skin so you should see a solution to this fairly soon. So do not worry too much.

Willz has spoken :P

RE: Msg Plus Window Colour by Clarkooo.1 on 12-21-2007 at 06:02 PM

When do you reckon the update will be made? Hopefully sometime before Christmas so I could have it as a sort of Christmas present lmao.

But anyway I love the skin and I am looking forward to seeing an update.

RE: Msg Plus Window Colour by Willz on 12-22-2007 at 12:58 AM

no eta cos I got a few other things I'm working on at the moment which matter more. There are a few other things I wanna fix / add so yeah I don't know.