Shoutbox

Should i have a "humour" skin(Now with screenshot!? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Should i have a "humour" skin(Now with screenshot!? (/showthread.php?tid=80280)

Should i have a "humour" skin(Now with screenshot!? by mattisdada on 12-21-2007 at 02:28 AM

Well of course itd be an english only edition(Or english only option). But replace some of the strings with funny things. As ive allready done this to my messenger just to have a few laughs with friends. But then i thought "Hey! Maybe other people want this as well!".

So here i am, asking you(the community) if thats something you'd like to see!

Some examples:

"You should never give out your password or credit card number"
becomes
"You should never give out your password or credit card number, or unless you want to be scammed and robbed.... then please, send them immediately  to me at www.RRElive.com "

"Your messege could not be deliverd to all recipents."
becomes
"The message could not be delivered to all recipients, please check your number and try again."

"[name] has just sent a nudge"
becomes
"[name] just sent you a nudge. I strongly recommend nudging them back for revenge!"

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas for it also, im glad to have a look at them!
[Image: RRElive%20Messenger%20Beta.jpg]
Lyrics are from http://knoxskornermedia.com/Lellow%20Lamp%2010.mp3
Very funny man. His Knox Korner short vids(Klaymen) are hilarious!

RE: Should i have a "humour" skin? by Chris4 on 12-21-2007 at 02:42 AM

Sounds good, I'd download it. Share some examples?

RE: Should i have a "humour" skin? by mattisdada on 12-21-2007 at 02:53 AM

Some examples:

"You should never give out your password or credit card number"
becomes
"You should never give out your password or credit card number, or unless you want to be scammed and robbed.... then please, send them immediately  to me at www.RRElive.com :P"

"Your messege could not be deliverd to all recipents."
becomes
"The message could not be delivered to all recipients, please check your number and try again."

"[name] has just sent a nudge"
becomes
"[name] just sent you a nudge. I strongly recommend nudging them back for revenge!"

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas for it also, im glad to have a look at them! :D

RE: Should i have a "humour" skin? by Chris4 on 12-21-2007 at 03:04 AM

I was thinking more.. installing the skin on a friends computer and it changes the buttons around and stuff so when they try and do something it does something else? :P

RE: Should i have a "humour" skin? by mattisdada on 12-21-2007 at 03:09 AM

Ohh...*evil grin* i think that can be arrangend.... :D

Example(of my evil thoughts): Hide all the contacts  and make the backround of the contact list say

"There is no contacts to display. You have no friends, noboddy likes you, it even says it here on your profile "unlikeable""

Quote from Portal^^^. :P

RE: Should i have a "humour" skin? by CookieRevised on 12-21-2007 at 03:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I was thinking more.. installing the skin on a friends computer and it changes the buttons around and stuff so when they try and do something it does something else? :P
fun and humour is only fun and humour if both parties find it fun and humour....

I wouldn't find something like that "fun". Neither would the skin be installed very long. So, very contra-productive I think... Not worth the effort if the skin is only going to be installed 5 seconds...

--------------------

As for the poll:
If you're going to change language related stuff, it is always recommended to have an option to enable/disable this. Especially if this is going to be added as an "extra" to an otherwise good skin.
RE: Should i have a "humour" skin? by mattisdada on 12-23-2007 at 08:24 AM

Very true, thats why its not that sort of messenger CookieRevised.

So anyway, ive finnished making an engine for the humour thing. Just need some ideas. Anyone got some?

RE: Should i have a "humour" skin? by Toneo on 12-27-2007 at 09:00 AM

Erm, well... I suppose you could change the backgrounds of some of the windows into funny pictures, maybe pictures with jokes, some animated? Change some strings into jokes...

Just as long as it's fun. Things saying "There are no contacts to display, therefore you have no friends and no-one likes you" aren't fun, they're abusive.

I'd like to see the skin ^^

RE: Should i have a "humour" skin? by mattisdada on 01-01-2008 at 02:33 AM

Well, i have screenshoted my beta of it(Please refer to first post). You wont be able to see all the funny things as it only does it in certain spots(eg, someone writting something, or you dont have an PSM). But some of its there at least :P.

And you can at least see how my skin looks(Fairly awesome looking isnt it?)

RE: Should i have a "humour" skin(Now with screenshot!? by mattisdada on 01-01-2008 at 02:59 AM

Ohh. Thanks Damokun :D. My english sux0rz :P Oh wait, its spelt 'sucks' isnt it?

RE: Should i have a "humour" skin(Now with screenshot!? by Chrono on 01-01-2008 at 03:54 AM

*they're (in the "your friend is busy" part of the window. Be sure to fix those spellings, it stops being funny when you have hard times reading the messages ;)

RE: Should i have a "humour" skin(Now with screenshot!? by mattisdada on 01-02-2008 at 02:10 AM

True, as i said this is beta, havent spelt checked or revised any of my spellings, hopefully most if not all are fixed by relese day.

Thanks for that though Chrono

RE: Should i have a "humour" skin(Now with screenshot!? by Basilis on 01-02-2008 at 04:47 PM

i think those thongs are just different.i mean i don't think that someone could laugh with these because they skinning points in making msn more beautiful and not more funny.nice try though.