Shoutbox

Will Messenger Discovery Live cause any conflict. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Will Messenger Discovery Live cause any conflict. (/showthread.php?tid=80315)

Will Messenger Discovery Live cause any conflict. by tarrahfaggut on 12-22-2007 at 01:08 AM

I am thinking of downloading Messenger Discovery Live and I was wondering if this program causes conflict with Messenger plus?

Also,
Is there any hidden malware/viruses/potentially unwanted programs bundled with Messenger Discovery Live?

RE: Will Messenger Discovery Live cause any conflict. by aNILEator on 12-22-2007 at 01:19 AM

It shouldn't cause conflicts with Plus! (in fact some features even need Plus to work!) but judging by it's track record you'll most likely have personal conflicts with it (I know I and many others have)

It's quite possibly the most buggy add-on that's survived year after year that I've ever used, still you're welcome to give it a go. I'm sure all the nasty nasty bugs have been squished by now

RE: Will Messenger Discovery Live cause any conflict. by MattyRid on 12-22-2007 at 01:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
It shouldn't cause conflicts with Plus! (in fact some features even need Plus to work!) but judging by it's track record you'll most likely have personal conflicts with it (I know I and many others have)

It's quite possibly the most buggy add-on that's survived year after year that I've ever used, still you're welcome to give it a go. I'm sure all the nasty nasty bugs have been squished by now

If only betas were being fed a little more constantly we would have a better idea, not that I'm really worried though despite the fact that I'm a tester :P After all the idea is to find bugs in betas as they come out, not complain about it :P

But a word of warning, Messenger Discovery 2 is still really early and buggy so 1.3 might be a better option if you want to use Messenger Discovery.
RE: Will Messenger Discovery Live cause any conflict. by tarrahfaggut on 12-22-2007 at 02:18 AM

Thanks alot :)

I have decided I will give it a go and download 1.3 because I have alot of programs on my system that are in beta stages so Im gonna stay away from beta in Messenger Discovery

RE: Will Messenger Discovery Live cause any conflict. by aNILEator on 12-22-2007 at 12:10 PM

Well the nasty bugs i was referring to was I remember some quite horrible uninstall bug and some sponsor ware or something installing without user consent