Shoutbox

[Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme (/showthread.php?tid=80373)

[Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 12-23-2007 at 11:17 PM

stuarts and my combined 365 theme now released

Below are the threads to mine and stuarts previous skins which are now included in this new 365 skin pack

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=80136

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=80108

heres a screenshot

[Image: 365Skin.png]

(Change Log V2.50)
•    365 Auto –Theme Technology
•    Improve Corners
•    About Box
•    Added Graphics Packs
•    Added Willz Modern Emoticons
•    Skin Options Panel Revamped
•    Min, Max & Close Buttons Redesigned
•    Showmenu is now an FLW button
•    Contact list buttons redesigned
•    Chat toolbar buttons redesigned
•    Chat window formatting toolbar buttons redesigned
•    Chat Window Handwriting toolbar buttons redesigned
•    More Dashboards Added
•    Hide Advertisements (CL, CW & FSW)
•    Hide Links (LW)
•    DP added to login screen
•    Show DP in (CCL)
•    DP resizing options added to skin options (DCL)
•    Added options to remove plus, scripts and colorize buttons (CL & CW)
•    Added options to remove all buttons from formatting bar in chat window
•    Added options to remove all buttons from handwriting bar in chat window
•    Added options to remove input bar buttons in chat window
•    Added Toolbar Alignment to Options (CL, CT, MCT & FT)
•    Optional dashboard position
•    Customized Tabbed Chat Bar

(Themes List)
•    Birthday
•    St Dwynwens Day
•    Valentines Day
•    Shrove Tuesday
•    Lent
•    Kissing Friday
•    St Davids Day
•    Mothers Day
•    St Pirans Day
•    St Patrick's Day
•    Spring
•    April Fools Day
•    Easter
•    St Georges Day
•    Fathers Day
•    Summertime
•    St Swithuns Day
•    Autumn
•    Halloween
•    Bonfire Night
•    Remembrance Day
•    St Andrews Day
•    Winter
•    Christmas
•    St Stephens Day

Download 365 Skin V2.50

in 3.00 we plan to add 7 new themes

•    Added New Years Theme
•    Added Leap Day Theme
•    Added Love Making Day Theme
•    Added 7/7 Theme
•    Added Wedding Theme
•    Added Wedding Anniversary theme
•    Added Messenger Plus’s Birthday Theme

as well as buddy packs so you can choose which buddy style you want to use, we also hope to be able to organise the options panel in to nicely organised tabs so that options are easy to find by category creating less confusion as to what they do.

so stay tuned and enjoy this release.

RE: Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme [Release V1.75] by duck! on 12-23-2007 at 11:24 PM

Cool, but fix the corners of the contact list, convo window and log in window, but other than that it looks good (y)

RE: Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme [Release V1.75] by aNILEator on 12-23-2007 at 11:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by freak544
mine and stuarts
Stuart and I ;)

Oh thanks for the rep, glad my tutorials helped :)
RE: RE: Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme [Release V1.75] by vikke on 12-23-2007 at 11:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
quote:
mine and stuarts
Stuart and I ;)
Are you sure? It's "their skin", not "them skin" if you understand what I mean.
I'm no good at English really, but that's my thought.
RE: RE: Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme [Release V1.75] by freak544 on 12-23-2007 at 11:43 PM

quote:
quote:
mine and stuarts
Stuart and I ;)

Oh thanks for the rep, glad my tutorials helped :)

Thats ok without you tutorials I wouldn't of made my skin as good as it was

I was planning just to add the change of background not make any other changes to it

Also thank you to all the people that gave me ideas for my skin which has helped me and Stuart with ideas for this skin

Also Stuart (Thank You Stuart) helped alot with my skin and it was his idea for me and him to combine them together & add more holiday events to it
RE: RE: Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme [Release V1.75] by freak544 on 12-24-2007 at 12:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
Cool, but fix the corners of the contact list, convo window and log in window, but other than that it looks good (y)

I have sorted these and emailed the plsk to stuart with another change in which will hopefully be uploaded to the DB tomorrow (Y)(yn)
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 12-24-2007 at 06:50 AM

hey Nile, not sure which tutorials you helped Jason with although i am grateful, but you definately helped me build my summertime theme with those tutorials of yours, you have been a massive help to both of us on this skin and its just a shame that we cannot do more to than you than just giving you a +1 rep point.

ive submitted the skin to the database hopefully we will hear back later today, mind you last time it took several days to get confirmation back.

anyways merry christmas everyone and enjoy the skin

RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by davidpolitis on 12-24-2007 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
hey Nile, not sure which tutorials you helped Jason with although i am grateful, but you definately helped me build my summertime theme with those tutorials of yours, you have been a massive help to both of us on this skin and its just a shame that we cannot do more to than you than just giving you a +1 rep point.
I helped you and ryxpia with some stuff aswell. :'(
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by aNILEator on 12-24-2007 at 10:47 AM

Just learn from them, appreciate them and help others :)

You could always paypal me (a)

RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by davidpolitis on 12-24-2007 at 10:50 AM

quote:
SonicSam #2? :dodgy:
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by aNILEator on 12-24-2007 at 10:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by davidpolitis
quote:
SonicSam #2? :dodgy:

No sonicscam begged for money for a camera to record more videos etc told us the camera he was going to get etc, but then bought a completely different one and stopped releasing videos.

He asked if there was anything else he could do, well he could donate me some doe if he wants too :P (mo)

EDIT:
Anyway this is just offtopic banter, so lets leave this thread for skin discussion
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 12-24-2007 at 02:37 PM

yes david you did help out and i really appreciate that, i have had so many people helping me on summertime themes developement i have sorta lost track of everyone who helped, so if i havent publicly thank anyone else on here uyet its not that i dont appreciate your help or am denying you helped its just ive lost track.

so to everyone who has graciously donated there time to helpine in the past 2 weeks, you all know who you are so give yourselves a big pat on the back you have really earned it. ive not heard anything back from menthix yet about whether this skin made it into the database.

RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 12-24-2007 at 02:55 PM

quote:
Just learn from them, appreciate them and help others :)

Learning from others is great

Well I have no job and not alot of money lol

Thank you to all people that have helped me (espically Stuart) and I am glad we have now combined our skins together and its been submitted to the DB

Oh and a merry christmas and a happy new yer to everyone
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 12-24-2007 at 03:58 PM

your welcome jason, it was entirely my idea to combine our skins, i saw a post from someone in the christmas skin thread who suggested it and i thought it sounded like a good idea, that in turn inspired me to take the project further.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 12-24-2007 at 04:47 PM

Yeah it was a great idea and I know your not here over christmas so I will try and get as much of the skin on our to do list done as possible

Hopefully I will have a spring theme added to it

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 12-24-2007 at 07:14 PM

sounds good jason, we have added transparency to convo winmdow to improve its appearance

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 12-24-2007 at 07:41 PM

Yeah it works well just trying to work out how to change the colour of the text in the contact list at the moment

Does anyone know how to change the colour of the contact list text

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by warmth on 12-25-2007 at 06:23 AM

I think that the last release of the christmas theme (1.58) is better then the one you have inside the 365 theme... is a more pulish one... or is the same one??? :$ but where is the option to take the bg off???

I sorry to tell you that I don't like the default skin...

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by NanaFreak on 12-25-2007 at 08:03 AM

umm, can you please post a screenshot?

dont like just instlling skins ;o

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 12-25-2007 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
I think that the last release of the christmas theme (1.58) is better then the one you have inside the 365 theme... is a more pulish one... or is the same one??? :$ but where is the option to take the bg off???

I sorry to tell you that I don't like the default skin...

Its the same skin and the BG options has been removed for now

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
umm, can you please post a screenshot?

dont like just instlling skins ;o

Look on the database there is a screen shot there
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by Phillip on 12-25-2007 at 02:30 PM

Jeez how hard is it to post a screenshot.

[Image: 365%20Skin.png]

A link straight to your skin in the database would be nice also. People here are lazy.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 12-25-2007 at 05:03 PM

Lol I will add a link in the first post linked to the database as people are "lazy"

It's in the first post and here http://www.msgpluslive.net/skins/view/20-365-Skin/

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by warmth on 12-26-2007 at 12:52 AM

maybe you should check my Old School Messenger thread and take it as a example for your first post...

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 12-26-2007 at 05:13 PM

so basically tell the user absolutely everything, however in the christmas skin thread jason did that but to a little lesser degree and was told in no uncertain terms his first post was too long.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 12-26-2007 at 08:13 PM

quote:
so basically tell the user absolutely everything, however in the christmas skin thread jason did that but to a little lesser degree and was told in no uncertain terms his first post was too long.

Excatly I did do that in my christmas theme thread but got told it was wa too long so I cut half the stuff out to shorten it down

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 12-27-2007 at 10:20 PM

ok warmth, you said you want the background removal option restored however with a multi themed skin this will cause all sorts of problems, the best i can probably do is add a theme called "none" in which you only have the default look and feel of messenger and in that theme the skin would just be a glorified patch.

the default theme was built to be very basic its only purpose is that when you import for the first time you can see a skin has imported and loaded whereas had i done a none skin as default it wouldve loaded but user wouldnt realise it, i couldnt use a themed skin as the default because if it was imported at the wrong time of year it wouldnt look cool to the user.

please advise if the none theme is considered to be a more preferable option. i will attempt to make these changes over the weekend aswell as a few other enhancements me and jason have been working on.

RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 12-28-2007 at 02:08 PM

quote:
ok warmth, you said you want the background removal option restored however with a multi themed skin this will cause all sorts of problems, the best i can probably do is add a theme called "none" in which you only have the default look and feel of messenger and in that theme the skin would just be a glorified patch.

the default theme was built to be very basic its only purpose is that when you import for the first time you can see a skin has imported and loaded whereas had i done a none skin as default it wouldve loaded but user wouldnt realise it, i couldnt use a themed skin as the default because if it was imported at the wrong time of year it wouldnt look cool to the user.

please advise if the none theme is considered to be a more preferable option. i will attempt to make these changes over the weekend aswell as a few other enhancements me and jason have been working on.

I think he was on about in the christmas theme there was the option to have a green BG rather than the christmas tree

How we are going to do this I am not sure as we already have quite a few resgroups planned so looks like we might have to add more
RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by CookieRevised on 12-28-2007 at 02:29 PM

quote:
quote:

Excatly I did do that in my christmas theme thread but got told it was wa too long so I cut half the stuff out to shorten it down

Warmth suggested to shorten the change log a bit, not to cut the important information like DB link, screenshots, compatibily information, etc.... ;)

(though, I personaly don't see a problem in a long change log myself - better to give a bit too much info than too little info)
RE: RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 12-28-2007 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
quote:

Warmth suggested to shorten the change log a bit, not to cut the important information like DB link, screenshots, compatibily information, etc.... ;)

(though, I personaly don't see a problem in a long change log myself - better to give a bit too much info than too little info)

Yeah but my christmas skin is now included in this new 365 skin package of mine and stuarts so support for the cristmas skin and summertime skin should be put in here (this thread) from now on
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 12-28-2007 at 08:51 PM

thanks cookie we will bare that in mind on our next release, speaking of which i have been coding up some major new features to the skin tonight, mainly in the christmas theme so far but i will be moving on to the other themes over this weekend so a new version could be on the horizon in the not too distant future.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 12-29-2007 at 02:00 PM

Yeah a new pack with some new skins added into it so watc this space

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 01-01-2008 at 02:50 PM

ok what we want to do is in the skin options panel we want to add a preview box so when you select a theme it shows you a preview of what that theme looks like in the same way in which when you select a skin in plus preferences you can see a preview of how the skin looks.

how can this be done.

EDIT:

365 Skin V2.00 has now been released see the first post for details, its been submitted to the database but is awaiting menthix's approval, unfortunately even @ 4.64 MB's the absolute smallest we could get it its still too large to post as an attachment on the forum so for now youll have to wait until its in the database, me and jason will look into getting some webspace at some point so as to do a dedicated site for our skins but have been working on this skin for 7 whole weeks now so havent had time as yet.

EDIT:

we have now released a site for this skin UK Skins United we hope you like the site and of course the skin.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 01-28-2008 at 01:51 PM

Version 2.0 of the skin is now released (However hasn't been updated in the database)

Please refer to the previous post made by Stuart and also you can read the first post for more details

Please feel free to leave comments

Enjoy the skin we hope you like it after 7 long weeks of working on the skin

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 01-30-2008 at 01:16 AM

Version 2.00 is now in the database :)

You can also down load it from here http://www.freewebs.com/ukskinsunited/skins.htm

Please download it and leave any comments/suggestions in this thread please :)

As well as UK events this also has the 4 seasons in it

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by aNILEator on 01-30-2008 at 01:27 AM

I think you've focussed on some weird ass events and forgotten some others like new years (or so it seems from the image)

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 01-30-2008 at 01:28 AM

quote:
I think you've focussed on some weird ass events and forgotten some others like new years (or so it seems from the image)

I never thought of that one and not sure if Sturat had or not but we could include it into out next version thats why we are open to suggestions/comments at the moment
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 01-30-2008 at 05:46 AM

i wasnt sure about new years as id always assumed it tied in to christmas, like freak said we are open to suggestions and are happy to add extra themes if demand is high enough. menthix has done a good job on constructing that screenshot as we were not sure how many themes to include in the skins screnshot.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by Greggroy on 01-30-2008 at 06:17 PM

Will no doubt use around Christmas time :)

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 01-30-2008 at 06:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Greggroy
Will no doubt use around Christmas time :)

thanks gregory, although you dont just have to limit to christmas we have 26 themes in total, for example shrove tuesdays on 5/02/08 this year so go all pancaky on your messenger with 365 lol, got a birthday coming up switch to our brilliantlly bright birthday theme, theres so many choices its outta this world.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 01-30-2008 at 06:36 PM

Yeah a new year theme will be added by the end of this year with other ones suggested

If you want you can leave a suggestion on our website via the contact page :)

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 01-30-2008 at 07:08 PM

yeah the contact page sends email to a newly created shared mailbox which me and jason both have access to, we have had a suggestion to implement 9.0 compatability, we will provide this in a future release however we havent decided whether to have seperate versions say one copy for 9.0 and another for 8.5 or whether we will have both versions made compatable in a single file.

we have already decided on a few new things to do in the next version, more details will be given soon.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 02-18-2008 at 02:22 PM

We have made a few changes to the skin pack and another version may be released soon

Is there any suggestions we can add before we release our next version

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 02-18-2008 at 10:08 PM

well i did a fair bit of work this weekend but theres still a fair bit to be done it is looking good though. we will keep you posted on how things are progressing but as jason said any ideas will be welcomed, we acknowledge a need to add 9.0 compatability at some point but arent sure whether to do that in the next release or wait until 9.0 is released as a finished product which i heard rumors i think from willz that it might happen about 2009 we will let you know what we decide.

EDIT:

i have done a whoile load of work to the skin this weekend and last weekend and its really starting to take shape now, we are now left with 2 major tasks to add before we can release.

code in Blessed Pack Options (created by blessedguy)
add 7 new themes

we have created a screenshot for this new version and version number is going to be V2.50.

while you wait patiently i have decided to give you a screenshot of our now completed skin options panel so you can see just what we have been working towards.

[Image: SkinOptions-3.png]

[Image: SkinAbout-1.png]

enjoy

EDIT:

i have received feedback about my options panel regarding what do the abbreviations mean so here is what they mean.

Skin Options Abbreviations:
    (LW) = Login Window
    (CL) = Contact List
    (CCL) = Compact Contact List
    (DCL) = Detailed Contact List
    (BP) = Blessed Pack
    (CT) = Chat Toolbar
    (MCT) = Mobile Chat Toolbar
    (FT) = Formating Toolbar
    (HFT) = Handwriting Formating Toolbar
    (IB) = Input Bar

thats everything i use in there so far i hope that clears everything up for everyone.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 03-23-2008 at 06:49 PM

as you can see from stuarts screenshot our skin is coming along in leaps and bounds, we have now implemented an early version of auto-theme technology, this means whenever the theme is set to "365 Auto-Theme" it will automatically set itself to the right theme based on the date range restrictions.

we are close to being ready, i am working on modifying a few of the options so as to make a new graphics pack feature, this will mean things like scrollbars, dp's and buttons etc will come in an array of colours or in their default states, we are also making and option to choose between different sets of FLW Buttons (min, max & close) and to choose between sets of buddy images.

i hope to have all that done by end of the first week in april, once thats all done i plan we plan to release it as version 2.50.

we had planned for 7 new themes to be added but those will need to be added in a later release due to unforeseen circumstances, also we have a few ideas we want to implement but the current technology in plus 4.6 doesnt yet make it possible to do everything we ultimately would want to add, stuart will shortly be updating the screenshot in the post directly above so as to let you see how things have progressed.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by Eddie on 03-24-2008 at 06:43 AM

Maybe add a preview option for every single one of them options if possible, as that is going to be one hell of a task for someone to look at and say ermm, ok *-) i was overwhelmed by simply looking at it.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by aNILEator on 03-24-2008 at 06:54 AM

i'd change flw description only skinners will know what it is and even i forgot what they were

and tidy up your graphics those are nasty +o(

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-24-2008 at 09:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Maybe add a preview option for every single one of them options if possible, as that is going to be one hell of a task for someone to look at and say ermm, ok *-) i was overwhelmed by simply looking at it.

beleive it or not at an earier point of developement i did want to have a live state preview that when a theme was selected it would show you a preview of what that theme would look like, however to the best of my knowledge its not currently possible.

to to do that you would to have plus build some kind of skin tester program that messenger could run as a kind of demonstration applet and that add an additional control for the options panel to add hat applet thing into the panel.

when i originally asked if my original idea was acheivable i was told it wasn't atleast with the way messenger itself presently works, so to summarize it may be possible to do this some day but only after major changes are made to both windows live messenger and to messenger plus!.

quote:
i'd change flw description only skinners will know what it is and even i forgot what they were

and tidy up your graphics those are nasty +o(

ok i see your point about calling it an FLW Pack, any suggestions for a beter name? which graphics are you refering to? and what do you mean by tidy up exactly?

i am always willing to take criticism and act upon it so please keep your suggestions coming.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by Menthix on 03-24-2008 at 10:49 AM

quote:
? which graphics are you refering to? and what do you mean by tidy up exactly?
The UK Skins United and blessedguy images don't look too good in the screenshot, pixellated / compressing artifacts.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-24-2008 at 10:52 AM

oh ok, ill work on fixing those

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 03-24-2008 at 11:10 PM

I am hoping to get as many images done as possible I am in an akward position as my laptop screen seems to be dodgey I have to hold the right side of the screen or apply pressure to the back of it so once I get the images done I can send it off so may not be on here for a while

Also I have been very busy with my life lately so that has delayed a few things but I am hoping the planned 7 new themes will be added before the new release

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-25-2008 at 05:54 AM

its ok jason, i know your working your hardest around your current situation, i am waiting a few graphics back from blessedguy for one of the features the skin will have, also cause of a bug in messenger i have to change my replace on the scrollbars to a <new> instead of a <replace> to overcome the bug so i have to manual recode about 40 or 50 uifiles which ill be attempting to do this coming weekend.

then i still have a bit of work to do restructuring the skininfo file and also now theres this grahics issue on the about box to sort out lol, so as you can see i am going to be flat out trying to acheive the desired release date myself, when we get to it let me know how much of them is done, if your close then ill wait for you if not then we can discuss further at that time.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by blessedguy on 03-27-2008 at 01:39 AM

quote:
its ok jason, i know your working your hardest around your current situation, i am waiting a few graphics back from blessedguy for one of the features the skin will have
I think they wil be finished by sunday! (I've only got fridays, saturdays and sundays to do everything not related to studying...)
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-27-2008 at 05:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
its ok jason, i know your working your hardest around your current situation, i am waiting a few graphics back from blessedguy for one of the features the skin will have
I think they wil be finished by sunday! (I've only got fridays, saturdays and sundays to do everything not related to studying...)

ok thanks blessedguy i look forward to seeing them all.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 04-17-2008 at 05:42 PM

great news everyone 365 V2.50 has been released, its been in the database for about a day now but we didnt want to update the posts here until it was in the database, i hope you all enjoy this release and please dont hesitate to tell us about any features you want added or any bugs you might find and we will be happy to take the information on board.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 08-07-2008 at 05:30 PM

hi everyone

i know i havent been posting on here much in the last three months since 2.50 was released, the reason is that at present developement of 365 has hit a wall, im next to useless at designing complex backgrounds and little fidly graphics, those however are the very types of graphics i require in order to build the 7 new themes needed to proceed any further with 365.

as the other outstanding tasks for 365 3.00 need to be applied to all the themes im waiting for these graphics to be created first, yes you guessed it Jason (freak544) is the one who is charged with developing these graphics, im guessing he still hasnt got round to sending off his laptop to be repaired as yet hence while you havent heard from either of us recently.

let me assure you im using this time to collect feedback and anything suggested for improving 365 will be researched and experimented with during this time, im online every day and constantly monitor these forums and the contact form over at ukskinsunited so please don't hesitate to give me your opinions.

on a technical note, i got Menthix's email this morning advising us developers to prepare our skins for Messenger Plus!'s 4.70 release and autoupdate feature, i made the necesarry changes to my skin this morning and removed the 6 new skins from the theme list that as yet have no underlying functionality built on them yet so as to make the skin a bit more user friendly, i submitted to the database this morning and its now V2.60, these literally are the only changes so theres no great urgency to upgrade but obviously id prefer it if you do anyway as atleast then your guaranteed compatability with plus! 4.70.

anyway thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read this rather long note and ill let you know once we start making any serious developements to 365 again.

RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by freak544 on 03-09-2009 at 12:03 PM

quote:
hi everyone

i know i havent been posting on here much in the last three months since 2.50 was released, the reason is that at present developement of 365 has hit a wall, im next to useless at designing complex backgrounds and little fidly graphics, those however are the very types of graphics i require in order to build the 7 new themes needed to proceed any further with 365.

as the other outstanding tasks for 365 3.00 need to be applied to all the themes im waiting for these graphics to be created first, yes you guessed it Jason (freak544) is the one who is charged with developing these graphics, im guessing he still hasnt got round to sending off his laptop to be repaired as yet hence while you havent heard from either of us recently.

let me assure you im using this time to collect feedback and anything suggested for improving 365 will be researched and experimented with during this time, im online every day and constantly monitor these forums and the contact form over at ukskinsunited so please don't hesitate to give me your opinions.

on a technical note, i got Menthix's email this morning advising us developers to prepare our skins for Messenger Plus!'s 4.70 release and autoupdate feature, i made the necesarry changes to my skin this morning and removed the 6 new skins from the theme list that as yet have no underlying functionality built on them yet so as to make the skin a bit more user friendly, i submitted to the database this morning and its now V2.60, these literally are the only changes so theres no great urgency to upgrade but obviously id prefer it if you do anyway as atleast then your guaranteed compatability with plus! 4.70.

anyway thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read this rather long note and ill let you know once we start making any serious developements to 365 again.

since the above was posted in August 2008 we have had the release of the new "Windows Live Messenger 2009", unfortunately the release of this new version of messenger will now herald the death of 365 Skin, despite our best attempts we are unable to decipher the new UI Files, they are far too complicated for us to ever consider making 365 compatible with this latest version of messenger.

furthermore i am now declaring UK Skins United as in liquidation, unless we are able to get more skinners to join us in a last ditch attempt to save 365 then there is no point in us existing any longer, i will allow 1 month from today to see if things improve but if not our website @ http://www.freewebs.com/ukskinsunited/ will be deleted and we will give up on skinning forever.

just thought id let all our fans know whats happening.
RE: RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by davidpolitis on 03-10-2009 at 09:18 AM

quote:
furthermore i am now declaring UK Skins United as in liquidation
Hmm... I've never heard of liquidation being used to describe someone stopping a hobby.

quote:
just thought id let all our fans know whats happening.
Fans??? 8-)
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by robert_dll on 03-11-2009 at 01:14 AM

Is it really difficult for you to update the skin? I mean, with some effort you could start skinning again, UI Files format is almost the same as in 8.5, just few changes...

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by prashker on 03-12-2009 at 12:49 AM

quote:
furthermore i am now declaring UK Skins United as in liquidation
so i assume you'll need my paypal email?

because what you're saying is you're making something already free, free.....so you have to pay me to use the skin next month.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by Eddie on 03-12-2009 at 05:38 AM

Don't really see the huge struggle, i've only just started skinning, and 2009 really isn't that hard to pick up, it takes a little while but I got the hang of it quite quickly :S Hoping to release my skin soon too.

RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-18-2009 at 11:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Don't really see the huge struggle, i've only just started skinning, and 2009 really isn't that hard to pick up, it takes a little while but I got the hang of it quite quickly :S Hoping to release my skin soon too.

i have tried going through the 2009 UI Files, the problem is that absolutely none of the elements i modified in 8.5 can be found in the 2009 files, for example according to 2009's UI Files theres no buttons in 2009 at all, the buttons for mail etc in the contact list don't have any code in the UI Files for them so are thus uneditable, if there is code for the things i want to change i can't find it and as nobody can be bothered to help me not even jason who is supposed to be part of my skinning team theres no point to skinning anymore.

i have just destroyed the site @ http://www.freewebs.com/ukskinsunited/ is completely deleted and unrecoverable is someone were willing to help me revive the skin then i may consider it but with Jason (Freak544) too lazy to help me and me being unable to do this on my on i don't see how i could ever possibly continue with skinning ever again.

if someone like willz wants to try and revive the skin i wouldnt have any objections but i certainly don't have what it takes to do it.
RE: RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by Willz on 03-18-2009 at 12:25 PM

quote:

i have tried going through the 2009 UI Files, the problem is that absolutely none of the elements i modified in 8.5 can be found in the 2009 files, for example according to 2009's UI Files theres no buttons in 2009 at all, the buttons for mail etc in the contact list don't have any code in the UI Files for them so are thus uneditable,

lolwut? ^o)

If what you said is true then nobody would have a skin out. I really don't see how it could be that hard, I know that I can't really say how hard skinning is because of my experience, but the fact that other people have managed to do it shows that it is possible.

but meh, your choice man, whatever floats your boat.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by Eddie on 03-18-2009 at 01:25 PM

A simple search of the definition files, and a bit of patience for a couple of weeks to figure it all out is all it needs. Not being able to modify the mail button on the other hand is ridiculous, a search for MailBtn is all you need to do basically. But on the other hand, gl in the future.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-18-2009 at 03:12 PM

willz when i learned skinning for 8.5 it was relatively easy, everybody had written loads of tutorials on the subject and your skinning guide was extremely using in navigating the UI Files, but since the release of 2009 nobody has bothered to write any tutorials for working with the new version and you have already said you won't compile a new skinning guide to help us understand the new version.

if there were some kind of reference to know what number ui files to related to which windows then i might indeed stand half a chance but as nobody can seem to be bothered to actually take the time to write that information down for others to follow it makes skinning on 2009 far to complicated for the average user, only people with your level of experience who have been skinning messenger for decades can decipher the new ui files the normal user like me is just far to overwhelmed by the complexity of the new files and there structure that they cannot for the life of them figure these new files out.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by Eddie on 03-18-2009 at 03:16 PM

quote:
willz when i learned skinning for 8.5 it was relatively easy, everybody had written loads of tutorials on the subject and your skinning guide was extremely using in navigating the UI Files, but since the release of 2009 nobody has bothered to write any tutorials for working with the new version and you have already said you won't compile a new skinning guide to help us understand the new version.

if there were some kind of reference to know what number ui files to related to which windows then i might indeed stand half a chance but as nobody can seem to be bothered to actually take the time to write that information down for others to follow it makes skinning on 2009 far to complicated for the average user, only people with your level of experience who have been skinning messenger for decades can decipher the new ui files the normal user like me is just far to overwhelmed by the complexity of the new files and there structure that they cannot for the life of them figure these new files out.
When you rip the images and things with Messenger Plus! Live, it gives you the name of what each folder is? :S

I'm a brand new user to the Messenger Plus! Live skinning, and XML, and i have managed to skin it relatively easy. Took me a while. But im certainly no expert but i can find my way around the files. Doesn't take a pro to understand it.
RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by djdannyp on 03-18-2009 at 03:50 PM

quote:

It sounds to me that you just don't want to put any effort in.

The new UI files are barely any different from the old ones.  90% of the content is still the same.  The principles of skinning are all the same.

You obviously haven't searched the forum either, as there's been a full list of what number relates to what window for two months:

mynetx's reply to Definition and Styles Id's

Not to mention the fact that most of the names are revealed when you extract the resources.

Just put a bit of effort in and it'll soon be rewarded....there's really not much change from 8.5 skinning.....and it's not meant to be something that's easy.

It can take months of trial and error to get a skin how you want it......but that's what makes it worth it.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-18-2009 at 07:31 PM

maybe danny and i might have been more receptive to try and i wasn't under the constant pressure of having to do the whole thing all by myself when i skinned 8.5 i was getting help from jason with the graphics but when nobody can help you at all with anything and the whole projects on my shoulders i can't cope with the pressure if someone will agree to help me then i might reconsider but i cannot do it on my own.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by djdannyp on 03-18-2009 at 07:48 PM

Most skinners do the majority of the work alone

And there's plenty of support in the skinning forum here.

There's more posts per thread in the skinning forum than the scripting forum......and I'm sure you'd agree that scripting is a much more established and developed part of Plus!

So it's not like you'd be having to do it alone

Of course it's up to you whether you continue skinning, but a little effort can go a long way

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-18-2009 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Most skinners do the majority of the work alone

And there's plenty of support in the skinning forum here.

There's more posts per thread in the skinning forum than the scripting forum......and I'm sure you'd agree that scripting is a much more established and developed part of Plus!

So it's not like you'd be having to do it alone

Of course it's up to you whether you continue skinning, but a little effort can go a long way

i would like to get 365 compatible with 2009 however i would have to create loads of help threads on how to get the help needed to figure it out and then i still need someone to supply me with the required graphics.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by robert_dll on 03-18-2009 at 10:52 PM

quote:
maybe danny and i might have been more receptive to try and i wasn't under the constant pressure of having to do the whole thing all by myself.
Pressure? If you like skinning then I don't know why you feel like that, you can work slowly, trying to understand all the stuff on your free time, that's what I do, I have been working on a skin for 1 month (maybe more), and I've finished with the logon screen and the contact list window, I'm still working on the chat window fighting with scenes. I'm taking an hour or two each day of my free time to do this, take it easy.
RE: RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by Willz on 03-19-2009 at 03:42 AM

quote:

It sounds to me that you just don't want to put any effort in.

The new UI files are barely any different from the old ones.  90% of the content is still the same.  The principles of skinning are all the same.

You obviously haven't searched the forum either, as there's been a full list of what number relates to what window for two months:

mynetx's reply to Definition and Styles Id's

Not to mention the fact that most of the names are revealed when you extract the resources.

Just put a bit of effort in and it'll soon be rewarded....there's really not much change from 8.5 skinning.....and it's not meant to be something that's easy.

It can take months of trial and error to get a skin how you want it......but that's what makes it worth it.

Those are my thoughts exactly as well.

Look not everything comes easy, the only reason I wrote the guides originally was to get people interested in Messenger skins and make more people aware that skins for Messenger do exist.

The fact is the concepts from the original guides are still all there, if you have skinned 8.5 and can't figure out whats what in 9, then the purpose of my guides failed and you didn't learn a thing.

The point was to give people the basic knowledge in Messenger 8.5 so that when 9 came around we would have a few people trying to figure out whats what and be able to provide help to others (rather than relying on me writing up those lengthy guides).

There is no such thing as pressure when it comes to skinning, you are not obliged to do anything nor live up to a standard that people expect from you. There are no deadlines with skins, its all on how you choose to spend your time.

But yeah please don't post up stuff like things not being possible when it is and making it seem like only those with super skills can ever skin. It discourages those who may want to take a crack at skinning.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-19-2009 at 08:48 AM

sorry willz i wasn't trying to discourage anyone, i think i did get the mail button to show/hide in contact list however its the only button in the contact list so how do i create the others to show/hide? as for the graphics i know a friend who is a graphics designer we both used to be part of a gaming community called superdudes, she's going to look at the version of 365 thats currently in the skins database over this coming weekend and will then let me know if she can help me with the graphics.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by blessedguy on 03-19-2009 at 05:10 PM

quote:
i think i did get the mail button to show/hide in contact list however its the only button in the contact list so how do i create the others to show/hide?
Simple: as before =)
If you really don't know how to, just take a look at skins that does that, like Guιna's, Willz's, mynetx's, mine, and some others, you'll see that, as everybody already, nothing has really changed that much, because of the people who worked hard at Plus! 4.80 and Messenger's UI files.
Just don't say everything has changed and that everything is harder and simply impossible: it just denotes that work everyone had with this new version was worth nothing.
The rest, I agree with djdannyp and Willz.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-19-2009 at 05:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
quote:
i think i did get the mail button to show/hide in contact list however its the only button in the contact list so how do i create the others to show/hide?
Simple: as before =)
If you really don't know how to, just take a look at skins that does that, like Guιna's, Willz's, mynetx's, mine, and some others, you'll see that, as everybody already, nothing has really changed that much, because of the people who worked hard at Plus! 4.80 and Messenger's UI files.
Just don't say everything has changed and that everything is harder and simply impossible: it just denotes that work everyone had with this new version was worth nothing.
The rest, I agree with djdannyp and Willz.

all the skins that use this feature already only use uib files not the styles or definitions, also all there images are in msnrle format so i cant even look through the images to see which images relate to what. as i said before i am not trying to undermine the work that was done to build 4.80 nor am i trying to discourage others i merely am pointing out i cannot find out how to do the things i want to do and whenever i do ask for help nobody seems to care enough to provide the requested help.

EDIT:

to prove a point in 8.5 the code below which is from the 923 definitions files extracted from version 2009 would have worked and allowed me to show or hide the mail button that this code doesnt work therefore it isn't as self explanatory as you are all making it out to be, maybe you can tell me what i've done wrong.

[quote}
<*PlusSkin Conditions(MailBtn1 = true) *>
<Button Id=atom(mailbtn) CmdId=40198 AccRole=57 Accdesc=rcstr("msgr",4227) ShortcutString=rcstr("msgr",4226) Class="TransparentButton" AccName=rcstr("msgr",4228) AccDefAction=rcstr("msgr",20500) Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2) Active=7 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
<Element Layout=FillLayout()>
<element class="ToolbarIcon" content=rcimg("msgr",1480) Id=atom(idMailIcon)/>
<Element Layout=FillLayout() Padding=Rect(12,8,0,0)>
<Element Id=atom(mailcount) Class="ToolbarButtonItemCount" FontSize=rcint("msgr",20957)pt ContentAlign=middlecenter/>
</Element>
</Element>
</Button>
<*/PlusSkin*>
<PlusSkin Conditions(MailBtn1 = false) *>
<*/PlusSkin*>

also perhaps you can point out how to rewrite this button so it can service say the plus button or one of the others.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by blessedguy on 03-19-2009 at 05:28 PM

Willz's UIB format is just plain .txt with its extension changed to .uib, just open it with any text editor... Mine and Guιna's are just plain .txt and have no .msnrle images.
First, ask what you want to, we might be able to answear! =) Maybe when you asked it, nobody had already managed to do it.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-19-2009 at 05:33 PM

blessedguy please refer to the edit in my post above.

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by blessedguy on 03-19-2009 at 05:40 PM

XML code:
<Button Id=atom(mailbtn) CmdId=40198 AccRole=57 Accdesc=rcstr("msgr",4227) ShortcutString=rcstr("msgr",4226) Class="TransparentButton" AccName=rcstr("msgr",4228) AccDefAction=rcstr("msgr",20500) Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2) Active=7 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
<Element Id=atom(mailcount) Class="ToolbarButtonItemCount" FontSize=rcint("msgr",20957)pt ContentAlign=middlecenter/>
</Element>
</Element>
</Button>
<*/PlusSkin*>
<PlusSkin Conditions(MailBtn1 = false) *>
[b]<Button Id=atom(mailbtn) CmdId=40198 AccRole=57 Accdesc=rcstr("msgr",4227) ShortcutString=rcstr("msgr",4226) Class="TransparentButton" AccName=rcstr("msgr",4228) AccDefAction=rcstr("msgr",20500) Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2) [i]layoutpos=none[/i] Active=7 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
</Element>
</Element>
</Button>[/b]
<*/PlusSkin*>

You just have to add the layoutpos=none thingy, and would be easier to just use this:
XML code:
<Button Id=atom(mailbtn) CmdId=40198 AccRole=57 Accdesc=rcstr("msgr",4227) ShortcutString=rcstr("msgr",4226) Class="TransparentButton" AccName=rcstr("msgr",4228) AccDefAction=rcstr("msgr",20500) Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2)<PlusSkin Conditions(RemMailBtn = true) *> layoutpos=none<*/PlusSkin*> Active=7 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-19-2009 at 05:50 PM

regardless of whether i use your code or mine all i get is the following skin trace error

XML code:
09/03/19 17:48:33| **** The trace has started ****
09/03/19 17:48:33| Skin: 365 Skin 2.70
09/03/19 17:48:33| Messenger version: 14.0.206.8064 (en-us)
09/03/19 17:48:33| Messenger Plus! version: 4.80.356
09/03/19 17:48:33| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 923
09/03/19 17:48:33| Attribute pair is invalid. Line (def): 131. Column: 12

which indicates both sets of code are wrong.
RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by djdannyp on 03-19-2009 at 05:57 PM

That's because there's errors in the code posted

Using his second excerpt of code, there's a missing asterisk in the opening 'PlusSkin' tag

And in the first excerpt there's a rogue [/b] tag in the second from bottom line as well as a missing asterisk in the opening PlusSkin tag (which is also an error in your posted code)

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by blessedguy on 03-19-2009 at 06:12 PM

I didn't correct the code =P Just copy-pasted it from his post, and [/b] and [/i] were bold and italic tags, that didn't get replaced because of the [/code] =)
anyways, it is

XML code:
<Button Id=atom(mailbtn) CmdId=40198 AccRole=57 Accdesc=rcstr("msgr",4227) ShortcutString=rcstr("msgr",4226) Class="TransparentButton" AccName=rcstr("msgr",4228) AccDefAction=rcstr("msgr",20500) Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2)<*PlusSkin Conditions(RemoveMailBtn = true) *> layoutpos=none</*PlusSkin*> Active=7 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-19-2009 at 06:18 PM

i fixed the errors you mentioned danny, heres the code:

XML code:
</Element>
</Element>
</Button>
<*/PlusSkin*>
<*PlusSkin Conditions(MailBtn1 = false) *>
<Button Id=atom(mailbtn) CmdId=40198 AccRole=57 Accdesc=rcstr("msgr",4227) ShortcutString=rcstr("msgr",4226) Class="TransparentButton" AccName=rcstr("msgr",4228) AccDefAction=rcstr("msgr",20500) Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2) layoutpos=none Active=7 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
</Element>
</Element>
</Button>
<*/PlusSkin*>

now that should work but still theres an error.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by blessedguy on 03-19-2009 at 06:26 PM

Post you whole definition pls?

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-19-2009 at 06:28 PM

XML code:
<*PlusSkin FileKind(def) MsgVer(5) PlusVer(1) */>
<Element ResID=Scrollbar/>
<PopupMenu2 ResID=UXEditMenu Sheet=-1>
<MenuItem2 Icon=rcimg(20250) Text=rcstr(20250) CmdId=11/>
<MenuItem2 Icon=rcimg(20251) Text=rcstr(20251) CmdId=12/>
<MenuItem2 Icon=rcimg(20252) Text=rcstr(20252) CmdId=13/>
<MenuItem2/>
<MenuItem2 Text=rcstr(20253) CmdId=17/>
</PopupMenu2>
<Button ResID=PartnerAdButton id=atom(PartnerAdToolbarButton) layout=BorderLayout() class="PartnerAdToolbarButton" active=7 margin=Rect(0,0,2,0) ContentAlign=middlecenter>
<ButtonIcon Class="PartnerAdToolbarButton" LayoutPos=left/>
<ButtonText Class="PartnerAdToolbarButton" LayoutPos=client/>
</Button>
<element ResID=residSocialNewsImage layout=FillLayout()>
<htmlview id=atom(sniImageHtmlView) active=3 yscrollable=false/>
</element>
<element ResID=residSniBulletedListItem layout=BorderLayout() padding=Rect(10,0,0,0)>
<element layoutpos=left fontface="Marlett" content="i" active=0 contentalign=topleft padding=Rect(0,2,2,0)/>
<htmlview id=atom(sniListItemHtmlView) active=3 yscrollable=false/>
</element>
<element ResID=residSniListItemNoBullet layout=BorderLayout() padding=Rect(10,0,0,0)>
<element layoutpos=none fontface="Marlett" content="i" active=0 contentalign=topleft padding=Rect(0,2,2,0)/>
<htmlview id=atom(sniListItemHtmlView) active=3 yscrollable=false/>
</element>
<element ResID=residSniTableListRow layout=TableLayout(1,3,18,-2,-2,-2) padding=Rect(10,2,2,0)>
<htmlview id=atom(sniListItemHtmlViewCol1) class="tableListStyle" active=3/>
<htmlview id=atom(sniListItemHtmlViewCol2) class="tableListStyle" active=3/>
<htmlview id=atom(sniListItemHtmlViewCol3) class="tableListStyle" active=3/>
</element>
<element ResID=residSniListContent id=atom(sniBodyListContents) layoutpos=client layout=FlowLayout(2,0,0,0)/>
<element ResID=residSniRichEditContent layoutpos=none layout=FillLayout()>
<htmlview id=atom(sniRichEditContentHtmlView) active=3 yscrollable=false/>
</element>
<element ResID=residSocialNewsItem id=atom(sniSocialNewsItem) layout=BorderLayout() tooltip=false>
<element layoutpos=left layout=BorderLayout()>
<element layoutpos=none id=atom(sniChicletContainer) padding=Rect(10,5,5,5)>
<element id=atom(sniChiclet) width=12rp height=12rp borderthickness=Rect(1,1,1,1) bordercolor=rgb(255,0,0)/>
</element>
</element>
<element layoutpos=top class="sniTitleClass" layout=FillLayout()>
<element id=atom(sniTitle) layout=FillLayout()/>
</element>
<element layoutpos=client layout=FillLayout()>
<element id=atom(sniBody) layoutpos=none layout=BorderLayout() padding=Rect(0,5,0,0)>
<element id=atom(sniFloatLeftContainer) layoutpos=left layout=FlowLayout(0,0,0,0)/>
<element id=atom(sniBodyContents) layoutpos=client layout=FillLayout() MinSize=Size(400,0)/>
</element>
</element>
</element>
<element ResID=mainwndresid id=atom(mainwndroot) Sheet=0 layout=FillLayout()>
<element id=atom(content) layout=BorderLayout()/>
</element>
<element ResID=mainContentResID id=atom(maincontent) Sheet=0 layout=FillLayout() layoutpos=client class="noncaptionable">
<Element Layoutpos=auto Layout=FillLayout()>
<Element Layout=BorderLayout()>
<Element id=atom(mainwndcontainer) Layoutpos=client Layout=FillLayout() Background=rcbkd(21032) Class="HIGStandardFont">
<Element id=atom(header) Layoutpos=top Height=0/>
</Element>
<Element id=atom(vapor) ContentAlign=rcint(21079)/>
<Element layout=BorderLayout()>
<element layout=FillLayout() layoutpos=top>
<MeArea id=atom(idMeArea) layout=FillLayout()>
<Wallpaperview Id=atom(idMeAreaScene) Thumbnail=false Active=0 Enabled=false/>
<Element Id=atom(idMeAreaControls) Layout=BorderLayout() Active=1 AddBehavior=Msgr::Curl()>
<Element layoutpos=client layout=BorderLayout() MinSize=Size(0,rcint("msgr",654)) Active=1>
<Element layoutpos=left layout=FlowLayout(2,2,0,2) padding=Rect(0,0,0,0) id=atom(UsertileDropTarget) AddBehavior=DUI::DropTarget("DropTarget")>
<Button Active=3 Layout=FillLayout() Cursor=hand class="UserTileWrapperClass" cmdid=309 AddBehavior=UXContacts::PIP([337]) AccName=rcstr("msgr",46486)>
<Element Active=1 Layout=FlowLayout(1,0,0,2) ContentAlign=middleleft AddBehavior=UXContacts::Usertile("Me::ContactType","Me::Status","Me::Usertile",false,false,false,true,false,false,false,false,false,false) Class="UXUsertile" Width=79 Height=79 ID=atom(idMeAreaUserTile) Accessible=false AddBehavior=UXContacts::FetchUsertile("Me::Contact","Me::UsertileLocation",10,0)>
<Element ID=atom(UXUTileSizing) Layout=FillLayout()>
<Element ID=atom(UXUTilePadding) Layout=FillLayout() LayoutPos=none>
<Element ID=atom(UXUTileImagePrimary) Direction=0/>
<Element ID=atom(UXUTileImageSecondary) Direction=0/>
<Element ID=atom(UXUTileOverlay) AddBehavior=DUI::Fade()/>
</Element>
</Element>
<Element ID=atom(UXUTileFrameBottom)/>
<Element ID=atom(UXUTileFrameTop)/>
</Element>
</Element>
</Button>
</Element>
<Element id=atom(SceneDropTarget) Layout=BorderLayout() LayoutPos=client AddBehavior=DUI::DropTarget("DropTarget")>
<element layoutpos=client layout=BorderLayout() padding=Rect(0,11,0,0)>
<element layoutpos=client layout=FlowLayout(2,0,0,0)>
<element id=atom(meareafirstline) layout=FillLayout()>
<element layout=BorderLayout() layoutpos=left>
<Button class="TransparentDropdownButton" layout=BorderLayout() layoutpos=client margin=Rect(0,0,0,0) AccName=rcstr("msgr",61128) id=atom(statuschooser) cmdid=55006 AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",61129) ContentAlign=bottomright>
<element layoutpos=client layout=BorderLayout() ContentAlign=middlecenter padding=Rect(2,0,0,2)>
<element height=20rp layoutpos=left/>
<element layoutpos=left Layout=FillLayout()>
<emoticontext layoutpos=left id=atom(idFriendlyName) maxvisiblelines=1 active=0 Padding=rcrect("msgr",9006) AddBehavior=DUI::Glow(rcint("msgr",9007),rcfloat("msgr",9008),rcclr("msgr",9009),rcclr("msgr",9010))/>
</element>
<element layoutpos=client id=atom(idStatus) Padding=Rect(0,0,0,2) active=0 AddBehavior=DUI::Glow(rcint("msgr",9007),rcfloat("msgr",9008),rcclr("msgr",9009),rcclr("msgr",9010))/>
</element>
<element layoutpos=right Class="TransparentDropdownButtonCaret" padding=Rect(0,2,2,2)/>
</Button>
</element>
</element>
<Element class="TransparentSplitButton" layout=BorderLayout() layoutpos=client margin=Rect(0,0,0,0) id=atom(idPSMContainer)>
<element layoutpos=client layout=BorderLayout() padding=Rect(2,2,0,2)>
<Button Id=atom(idPSMSelector) LayoutPos=client Layout=FlowLayout(2,3,2,3) AddBehavior=UXContacts::EditablePSM(atom(PSMEdit),"Me::PSM",true,false,false,rcbkd(44998),1,0) AccName=rcstr("msgr",61189) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",61131) Tooltip=true Active=3>
<EmoText id=atom(PSMEdit) URLDetect=false Accessible=true AddBehavior=DUI::Glow(rcint("msgr",9007),rcfloat("msgr",9008),rcclr("msgr",9009),rcclr("msgr",9010)) Class="NoMusic" AccName=bind(property:"Me::PSM") AddBehavior=Msgr::Url() Active=0/>
<Element Id=atom(idCurrentSong) Layout=BorderLayout() Visible=false Active=0 AddBehavior=DUI::ShowHide()>
<Element id=atom(idSongIcon) Active=0/>
<UrlElem id=atom(idSongText) Layout=FlowLayout(2,2,2,0) layoutpos=left cmdid=50205>
<WLEditT Id=atom(idSongInnerText) Active=0 AddBehavior=DUI::Glow(rcint("msgr",9007),rcfloat("msgr",9008),rcclr("msgr",9009),rcclr("msgr",9010))/>
</UrlElem>
</Element>
</Button>
</element>
<Button layoutpos=right id=atom(idSplitButtonSplit) CmdId=56607 AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",61191) ContentAlign=topright Class="TransparentSplitButtonCaret" padding=Rect(2,2,2,2) AccName=rcstr("msgr",61190)/>
</Element>
</element>
</element>
<Element LayoutPos=right Layout=BorderLayout()>
<Element LayoutPos=top Layout=BorderLayout()>
<Element LayoutPos=client/>
<Element LayoutPos=right Layout=FillLayout()>
<Animator Id=atom(idCurl) ContentAlign=topright/>
<Animator Id=atom(idPaintBrush) ContentAlign=topright/>
<Button Id=atom(idPersonalize) ContentAlign=topright CmdId=316 Accessible=true AccRole=57 AccName=rcstr("msgr",8161) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",8161) Tooltip=true Visible=true Cursor=hand/>
</Element>
</Element>
<Element LayoutPos=bottom Layout=FlowLayout(1,0,0,2)>
<Button Id=atom(oimbtn) Cmdid=40207 AccRole=57 AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",4248) ShortcutString=rcstr("msgr",4247) Class="TransparentButton" AccName=rcstr("msgr",4249) AccDefAction=rcstr("msgr",20500) Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2) Active=7 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
<element class="ToolbarIcon" content=rcimg("msgr",619)/>
</Button>
</Element>
</Element>
</Button>
<*/PlusSkin*>
<*PlusSkin Conditions(MailBtn1 = false) *>
<Button Id=atom(mailbtn) CmdId=40198 AccRole=57 Accdesc=rcstr("msgr",4227) ShortcutString=rcstr("msgr",4226) Class="TransparentButton" AccName=rcstr("msgr",4228) AccDefAction=rcstr("msgr",20500) Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2) layoutpos=none Active=7 Padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
</Element>
</Element>
</Button>
<*/PlusSkin*>
</Element>
</Element>
</Element>
</Element>
</Element>
</MeArea>
</element>
<element id=atom(mainwndframe) layout=FillLayout() layoutpos=client>
<element layout=BorderLayout()>
<element id=atom(MainUI) layoutpos=client layout=FillLayout() class="noncaptionable">
<element layoutpos=top height=90rp background=rcbkd("msgr",626)/>
<element layoutpos=bottom height=165rp background=rcbkd("msgr",625)/>
<element layoutpos=client background=rcclr("msgr",85)/>
</element>
<Element layoutpos=client layout=BorderLayout() padding=Rect(0,0,0,5)>
<AddressBook id=atom(ContactList) layoutpos=client MenuDui=1001 Views=[[50106,rcstr("msgr",46220),1002,"BuddyList"],[50107,rcstr("msgr",46221),1002,"BuddyList"]]/>
<Element id=atom(idWhatsNewMainWindowSlideShow) accessible=true accRole=57 accName=rcstr("msgr",62101) layoutpos=bottom layout=FillLayout() tooltip=false>
<element id=atom(snssLoadingContentContainer) class="snss" layoutpos=none layout=BorderLayout()>
<element layoutpos=top height=rcint("msgr",4009) background=rcbkd("msgr",4000)/>
<element layoutpos=client layout=FlowLayout(2,0,0,0) padding=Rect(15,0,10,5)>
<hyperlink id=atom(snssFeedLinkLoading)/>
<WLEditT padding=Rect(2,5,0,0) accessible=true tooltip=true accdesc=rcstr("msgr",62122) accRole=42 content=rcstr("msgr",62122) richeditstyle=0x02|0x04|0x20|0x400|0x1000 maxvisiblelines=2 contentalign=endellipsis/>
</element>
</element>
<element id=atom(snssNoContentContainer) class="snss" layoutpos=none layout=BorderLayout()>
<element layoutpos=top height=rcint("msgr",4009) background=rcbkd("msgr",4000)/>
<element layoutpos=client layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,1) padding=Rect(15,0,10,5)>
<hyperlink id=atom(snssFeedLinkNoContent)/>
<element accessible=true tooltip=true accdesc=rcstr("msgr",62126) content=rcstr("msgr",62126) accRole=42 contentalign=endellipsis padding=Rect(2,0,0,1)/>
</element>
</element>
<element id=atom(snssContentContainer) class="snss" layoutpos=none layout=BorderLayout()>
<button id=atom(snssSeparatorButton) layoutpos=top class="snssSeparatorButtonUp" height=rcint("msgr",4009) active=7/>
<element layoutpos=client layout=BorderLayout() padding=Rect(15,0,10,0)>
<element layout=BorderLayout() layoutpos=client>
<element layoutpos=top layout=BorderLayout()>
<element layoutpos=left layout=FlowLayout(32,2,0,2)>
<hyperlink id=atom(snssFeedLink)/>
<Element Layout=FlowLayout(0,1,0,1) margin=Rect(15,0,0,0)>
<Button ID=atom(snssPrevious) LayoutPos=left AccName=rcstr("msgr",62102) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",62103) Active=7 class="SlideShowBtnPrev" margin=Rect(4,0,4,0) AddBehavior=Msgr::HideGlyph()/>
<Button ID=atom(snssNext) LayoutPos=left AccName=rcstr("msgr",62104) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",62105) Active=7 class="SlideShowBtnNext" margin=Rect(4,0,4,0) AddBehavior=Msgr::HideGlyph()/>
</Element>
<button id=atom(snssOptionsIcon) active=7 content=rcimg("msgr",3009) accessible=true accrole=43 accName=rcstr("msgr",62143) accDesc=rcstr("msgr",62144) margin=Rect(10,0,0,0) tooltip=true AddBehavior=Msgr::HideGlyph()/>
</element>
<element id=atom(snssDate) layoutpos=right layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,2)>
<element id=atom(snssDateTimeAgo) padding=Rect(5,0,0,0) accessible=true tooltip=true accrole=42 contentalign=endellipsis/>
</element>
</element>
<element id=atom(snssSocialNewsItemContainer) layoutpos=client layout=FillLayout() padding=Rect(2,5,0,0)/>
</element>
<element layout=FlowLayout(1,0,0,2) layoutpos=right>
<element id=atom(snssImagePreviewContainer) layoutpos=none layout=FlowLayout(0,0,0,0)>
<element id=atom(snssImagePreview) layoutpos=none layout=FlowLayout(0,0,0,0) padding=Rect(5,0,0,0)/>
</element>
</element>
</element>
</element>
</Element>
</Element>
</element>
<Element layoutpos=bottom layout=BorderLayout() id=atom(TabsAndAds) background=rcbkd("msgr",628)>
<element background=rcbkd("msgr",627) height=6 layoutpos=top/>
<element layoutpos=top padding=Rect(4,0,4,0) layout=BorderLayout()>
<Toolbar Layout=BorderLayout() margin=Rect(0,0,0,8) id=atom(idPartnerAdsToolbar) layoutpos=top>
<element id=atom(TabElement) LayoutPos=client Layout=BorderLayout() padding=Rect(15,0,10,0)>
<ToolbarControls id=atom(PartnerAdToolbarContainer) ChevronAlign=6 AddBehavior=Msgr::PartnerAdToolbarBehavior() AddBehavior=DUI::TabGroup()>
<ToolbarChevron id=atom(PartnerAdToolbarChevron) Class="PartnerAdChevronButton" Active=7 ContentAlign=middleright/>
</ToolbarControls>
</element>
</Toolbar>
<Constrainer layoutpos=top ID=atom(SSConstrainer) Layout=FillLayout()>
<SlideShowWithAd ID=atom(AdBanner) Layout=FillLayout() Padding=Rect(3,0,8,0) LayoutPos=client Active=1>
<UrlElem ID=atom(idHouseAd) Layout=FlowLayout(2,0,0,3) Direction=0 Padding=Rect(8,2,0,2)>
<Element Layout=FillLayout() borderthickness=Rect(1,1,1,1)>
<Element Width=234rp Height=60rp Content=rcimg("msgr",1472)/>
</Element>
</UrlElem>
<Element Id=atom(AdBrowserCont) Layout=FlowLayout(2,0,0,3) Visible=false Padding=Rect(8,2,0,2)>
<element id=atom(adbannercontainer) layout=FillLayout() borderthickness=Rect(1,1,1,1)>
<adbrowser id=atom(adbrowser) width=234rp height=60rp layoutpos=none Accessible=true AccName=rcstr("msgr",4263) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",4263) AccRole=30 DefaultADTimerMS=25000 bordercolor=rcclr("msgr",74) DLControl=1024 DocHostUIFlags=0x04|0x08|0x20|0x200|0x40000000/>
</element>
</Element>
<Element ID=atom(SSV) Layout=BorderLayout() Visible=false>
<UrlElem ID=atom(SSVImgUrl) LayoutPos=left Layout=FillLayout() Tooltip=true Accessible=true AccName=rcstr("msgr",49806) AccRole=30 Active=3 Padding=Rect(8,0,7,0)>
<HttpImage ID=atom(SSVImg) Width=92rp Height=69rp borderthickness=Rect(1,1,1,1) bordercolor=rcclr("msgr",20755) LayoutPos=client ContentAlign=middlecenter flip=false Active=0 Accessible=false/>
</UrlElem>
<Element LayoutPos=client Layout=BorderLayout() Padding=Rect(0,0,2,0)>
<Element LayoutPos=top Layout=BorderLayout()>
<UrlElem ID=atom(SSVTitle) LayoutPos=client Foreground=rcclr("msgr",20747) Fontface=rcstr("msgr",20953) FontSize=rcint("msgr",20958)pt ContentAlign=middleleft|endellipsis Tooltip=true AccRole=30 ShowAmpersand=false/>
</Element>
<UrlElem ID=atom(SSVDesc) Fontface=rcstr("msgr",20953) FontSize=rcint("msgr",20958)pt LayoutPos=client ContentAlign=wrapleft|endellipsis|editcontrol Tooltip=true AccRole=30 ShowAmpersand=false Height=32rp/>
<Element LayoutPos=bottom Layout=BorderLayout() MinSize=Size(139,0)>
<Element Layout=BorderLayout() LayoutPos=left>
<Element Layout=FlowLayout(0,1,0,1) ContentAlign=middleleft LayoutPos=client margin=Rect(4,0,4,0)>
<UrlElem ID=atom(SSVPlayBtn) AccName=rcstr("msgr",49802) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",49802) AccRole=30 LayoutPos=left Active=7/>
</Element>
<Element Layout=FlowLayout(0,1,0,1) LayoutPos=right padding=Rect(0,4,0,2)>
<Button ID=atom(SSVPrev) LayoutPos=left AccName=rcstr("msgr",4278) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",4278) Active=7 class="SlideShowBtnPrev" margin=Rect(4,0,4,0)/>
<Button ID=atom(SSVNext) LayoutPos=left AccName=rcstr("msgr",4277) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",4277) Active=7 class="SlideShowBtnNext" margin=Rect(4,0,4,0)/>
</Element>
</Element>
<Element ID=atom(SSTitle) ContentAlign=middleleft|endellipsis Margin=Rect(10,0,0,0) LayoutPos=client Tooltip=true Accessible=true AccRole=42 Active=0/>
</Element>
</Element>
</Element>
</SlideShowWithAd>
</Constrainer>
</element>
</Element>
</element>
</element>
</Element>
<element layoutpos=top height=rcint("msgr",1803) background=rcbkd("msgr",1763)/>
</element>
</Element>
<Element id=atom(framelessborder) enabled=false active=0/>
</Element>
</Element>
<Element ID=atom(squareborderbottom) Background=rcbkd("msgr",1823) enabled=false active=0/>
<Element ID=atom(framelessborderbottom) enabled=false active=0/>
</Element>
</element>
<Element ResID=MainWindowBar Sheet=0 ID=atom(WindowBar) Layoutpos=client Layout=FillLayout()>
<Element id=atom(WindowBarBG) Layout=BorderLayout() Height=rcint("msgr",1833)>
<element layoutpos=bottom height=1 background=argb(128,255,255,255)/>
<Element layoutpos=right layout=FillLayout()>
<Element id=atom(minmaxclosebase) Layout=FlowLayout(0,0,0,0) Padding=rcrect(21008)>
<button id=atom(FLWMinBtn) class="FrameBtn" layoutpos=auto cmdid=21004 AccName=rcstr(21076) AccDesc=rcstr(21076) Content=rcimg(21019) active=1 padding=rcrect(21007)/>
<button id=atom(FLWMaxBtn) class="FrameBtn" layoutpos=auto cmdid=21005 AccName=rcstr(21077) AccDesc=rcstr(21077) Content=rcimg(21020) active=1 padding=rcrect(21007)/>
<button id=atom(FLWCloseBtn) class="FrameBtn" layoutpos=auto cmdid=21002 AccName=rcstr(21078) AccDesc=rcstr(21078) Content=rcimg(21018) active=1 padding=rcrect(21007)/>
</Element>
</Element>
<Element layoutpos=left layout=FlowLayout(2,2,0,0) padding=rcrect(21002)>
<Element id=atom(FramelessWindowSysMenu) layout=FillLayout()>
<Element id=atom(BrandedWindowIcon) class="WindowIcon" content=rcimg("msgr",600) ContentAlign=middleleft/>
</Element>
</Element>
<element layout=FillLayout() layoutpos=client>
<Element id=atom(WindowText) padding=rcrect(21006) layoutpos=client Class="MainWnd"/>
</element>
</Element>
</Element>
<Element ID=atom(squarebordertop) Background=rcbkd("msgr",1822) enabled=false active=0/>
<Element ID=atom(framelessbordertop) enabled=false active=0/>
</Element>

here you go blessedguy
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by djdannyp on 03-19-2009 at 06:56 PM

What does the SkinTrace say?

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-19-2009 at 07:38 PM

quote:

exactly the same as the one i posted earlier.
RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by djdannyp on 03-19-2009 at 08:00 PM

quote:
quote:

exactly the same as the one i posted earlier.

Has the timecode changed and the error repeated?

If so, does it disappear if you remove the duplicated button code and the plusskin tags?
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-19-2009 at 09:17 PM

heres the latest copy of the skin trace.

code:
09/03/19 21:13:34| **** The trace has started ****
09/03/19 21:13:34| Skin: 365 Skin 2.70
09/03/19 21:13:34| Messenger version: 14.0.206.8064 (en-us)
09/03/19 21:13:34| Messenger Plus! version: 4.80.356
09/03/19 21:13:34| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 923
09/03/19 21:13:34| Attribute pair is invalid. Line (def): 131. Column: 12

i have deleted the duplicate code and plusskin tags and no more skin trace file so yes it solves it but all that does is prove that you cannot do the things you used to be able to do in 8.5 unless experienced professional like willz teach you how to adapt to the new UI Files which just goes to prove what i have been saying all along, its not possible to skin 2009 unless your a pro like willz.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by djdannyp on 03-19-2009 at 11:02 PM

Use this code:

XML code:
</Element>
</Element>
</Button>
</*PlusSkin*>

The way you were doing it was very long winded, there's no need to duplicate the code for the entire button, just leave it out if you're hiding the button.

This doesn't mean that only an expert can skin, it just means that you need to have a bit of patience and troubleshoot a bit better!

The error is obviously within those 15-20 lines somewhere (as removing them removes the error)....so go through them with a fine-toothed comb and you'll find it.

It's even telling you exactly what the problem is, the SkinTrace does have the work for you!

If you're using an xml editor that has line numbers, just look down for line 131 character 12 and the error will be there
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by Nagamasa on 03-20-2009 at 03:27 AM

I thought it was </*PlusSkin*>?

RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by Eddie on 03-20-2009 at 06:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
I thought it was </*PlusSkin*>?
(Y) it is. And that error makes all the difference.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-20-2009 at 07:07 AM

thats it the whole time it was the closing plusskin tag where i didn't realize the / went before the *, now the code i was given works perfectly. it did say that line 131 which was the opening plusskin tage was the error and that it was a pairing error but because i believed the closing tag syntax was right it didn't make sense.

thanks guys, now if i copy paste the working show hide button code and only change the cmdid can i make code to operate other buttons or what as this is the only button in this window apparently.

RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by djdannyp on 03-20-2009 at 08:13 AM

quote:
thats it the whole time it was the closing plusskin tag where i didn't realize the / went before the *, now the code i was given works perfectly. it did say that line 131 which was the opening plusskin tage was the error and that it was a pairing error but because i believed the closing tag syntax was right it didn't make sense.

thanks guys, now if i copy paste the working show hide button code and only change the cmdid can i make code to operate other buttons or what as this is the only button in this window apparently.

The other buttons are located in the 1001 definition file (except for the Messenger Plus! Live settings button, which you have to remove via SkinInfo, then add yourself in the definition before giving the option to remove it)

The only bit you need to copy and paste are the PlusSkin bits.....everything else for the buttons is already there, you just need to add the code to show/hide them, which is the PlusSkin bit
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-20-2009 at 08:24 AM

sorry danny but there are no buttons in the 1001 files, how do you build the other buttons from scratch and what are there cmdid's

RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by djdannyp on 03-20-2009 at 08:38 AM

quote:
sorry danny but there are no buttons in the 1001 files, how do you build the other buttons from scratch and what are there cmdid's

stuart, all of the buttons are in the 1001 definition file, you can't build them from scratch, they're already there

just search for 'button' and you'll find all of them
RE: RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-20-2009 at 08:44 AM

quote:
quote:

stuart, all of the buttons are in the 1001 definition file, you can't build them from scratch, they're already there

danny below is the 1001 definition file

XML code:
<PopupMenu2 ResID=UXEditMenu Sheet=0>
<MenuItem2/>
</PopupMenu2>
<Element ResID=BuddyList sheet=0 Class="AddressBookBG" id=atom(abLayout) Layout=BorderLayout()>
<*PlusSkin Conditions(WordWheel = "Top") *><Element LayoutPos=Top Layout=BorderLayout()></*PlusSkin*>
<*PlusSkin Conditions(WordWheel = "Bottom") *><Element LayoutPos=Bottom Layout=BorderLayout()></*PlusSkin*>
<*PlusSkin Conditions(WordWheel = "None") *><Element LayoutPos=None Layout=BorderLayout()></*PlusSkin*>
<MsgrWordWheelElement id=atom(WordWheelElement) LayoutPos=client Padding=Rect(8,0,0,0)/>
<Toolbar id=atom(SimpleToolbar) LayoutPos=right CmdGroup=guid("{102a0bf5-44ec-4a0a-b5d7-54228fa20952}") Padding=Rect(0,7,5,7) Layout=BorderLayout() Accessible=true AccRole=22>
<Element LayoutPos=client Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,3)>
<MenuButton CmdID=50138 AccName=rcstr("msgr",49110) AddBehavior=DUI::MenuFromChildren("LeftClick","Bottom","AddContactDropdown") Active=7 AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",49110) Layout=BorderLayout()>
<ButtonIcon Content=rcimg("msgr",1131) Padding=Rect(3,3,0,3) Layoutpos=left/>
<element layoutpos=right Class="DropdownButtonCaret" Padding=Rect(0,4,0,4)/>
<Element Layoutpos=client Layout=FillLayout() ContentAlign=middlecenter>
<Menu ID=atom(AddContactDropdown)>
<MenuItem2 CmdID=50005 Text=rcstr("msgr",49111)/>
<MenuItem2 CmdID=50136 Text=rcstr("msgr",49112)/>
<MenuItem2 CmdID=50014 Text=rcstr("msgr",49313)/>
<MenuItem2/>
<MenuItem2 CmdID=317 Text=rcstr("msgr",49314)/>
<MenuItem2 CmdID=318 Text=rcstr("msgr",49315)/>
</Menu>
</Element>
</MenuButton>
<button class="HIGToolbarButton" padding=rcrect(20136) layout=BorderLayout() id=atom(viewoptsdlg) cmdid=40370 AccRole=43 AccDefAction=rcstr(20500) Tooltip=true active=7 accname=rcstr("msgr",49209) accdesc=rcstr("msgr",49210)>
<ButtonIcon class="HIGToolbarIcon" content=rcimg("msgr",1490) ContentAlign=middlecenter padding=rcrect(20140)/>
<element layoutpos=right ContentAlign=middlecenter layout=FillLayout()>
<ButtonText Id=atom(ButtonTextId) class="HIGToolbarText" content="" FontSize=rcint(20958)pt ContentAlign=middlecenter padding=rcrect(20141) Shortcut=1/>
</element>
</button>
<Button class="TransparentDropdownButton" layout=BorderLayout() layoutpos=client margin=Rect(0,0,0,0) AccName=rcstr("msgr",21075) CmdID=40206 ID=atom(FLWMenuBtn) AccRole=57 AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",21075) Active=7>
<element layoutpos=client layout=FlowLayout(0,3,1,2) ContentAlign=middlecenter padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
<element class="ToolbarIcon" content=rcimg("msgr",1489) Padding=Rect(3,0,0,0)/>
</element>
<element layoutpos=right Class="TransparentDropdownButtonCaret" padding=Rect(0,4,0,4)/>
</Button>
</Element>
</Toolbar>
</Element>
<Element LayoutPos=client Layout=BorderLayout()>
<Element Layout=FillLayout() LayoutPos=top>
<Element Class="InfoBar" AddBehavior=Msgr::InfoBar() Layout=BorderLayout() Margin=Rect(5,5,5,5) LayoutPos=bind(property:"InfoBar::LayoutPos") Background=bind(property:"InfoBar::Background")>
<Element id=atom(InfoBarIcon) LayoutPos=left Padding=Rect(5,3,3,0) ContentAlign=topcenter ContentIndex=bind(property:"InfoBar::Icon") Content=rcimg("msgr",729)/>
<HtmlView id=atom(InfoBarText) Active=3 LayoutPos=client Padding=Rect(0,3,0,5) Content=bind(property:"InfoBar::Message") YScrollable=false/>
<Button id=atom(InfoBarClose) Active=3 AccName=rcstr("msgr",8016) LayoutPos=right Padding=Rect(2,3,0,5) ContentAlign=topright Content=rcimg("msgr",629)/>
</Element>
</Element>
<Element id=atom(idZeroContactBubble) LayoutPos=none Layout=BorderLayout() Padding=Rect(25,10,5,0)>
<Element LayoutPos=top Layout=FlowLayout(0,0,0,2) Padding=Rect(0,0,0,5)>
<Element Content=rcimg("msgr",1131) Padding=Rect(0,0,5,0)/>
<Element Class="ZeroContactsHeader"/>
</Element>
<HtmlView Class="ZeroContactsText" Active=3 Tag=bind(property:"Config::ContactImport")/>
</Element>
<Element id=atom(idZeroResultsGroup) LayoutPos=none Layout=FlowLayout(0,0,0,2) Padding=Rect(0,2,0,0)>
<Element id=atom(idWWZeroResults) Content=rcstr("msgr",45800) AccName=rcstr("msgr",46400) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",46401) Padding=Rect(10,0,0,0)/>
<Button id=atom(idZeroResultsPhoneLink) CmdID=50129 CmdGroup=guid("{102a0bf5-44ec-4a0a-b5d7-54228fa20952}") Content=rcstr("msgr",49807) AccName=rcstr("msgr",49807) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",49807)/>
</Element>
<Element id=atom(idZeroContactAfterFilter) LayoutPos=none Content=rcstr("msgr",46402) AccName=rcstr("msgr",46404) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",46403)/>
<Element LayoutPos=client Layout=FillLayout()>
<Element layout=FlowLayout(2,1,1,1)>
<Animator id=atom(watermark) active=0/>
</Element>
<BuddyList id=atom(abView) Layout=FillLayout() CmdGroup=guid("{16E32D35-5350-4805-B7F0-5E782510AF6F}")/>
</Element>
</Element>
</Element>
<Element ResID=CircleMembershipView sheet=0 Layout=BorderLayout()>
<BuddyListCommon id=atom(abView) Layout=FillLayout() CmdGroup=guid("{16E32D35-5350-4805-B7F0-5E782510AF6F}")/>
</Element>

now please point out the OIM, Sharing Folders, Spaces, Today, Call, SMS, Plus preferences, Plus Scripts, Colourize buttons as i have searched the file and cannot see them.
RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by Willz on 03-20-2009 at 08:44 AM

quote:

* Willz facepalms

all you have to do is look for the word button or cmdid and that is how you find the buttons in any uifile. Its not rocket surgery :P
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-20-2009 at 09:28 AM

the buttons aren't there ive checked, i know how to find buttons but the buttons im looking for arent anywhere in any of the uifiles so they have to be built from scratch so how do i do that?

RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by djdannyp on 03-20-2009 at 09:50 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

danny below is the 1001 definition file

XML code:
<PopupMenu2 ResID=UXEditMenu Sheet=0>
<MenuItem2/>
</PopupMenu2>
<Element ResID=BuddyList sheet=0 Class="AddressBookBG" id=atom(abLayout) Layout=BorderLayout()>
<*PlusSkin Conditions(WordWheel = "Top") *><Element LayoutPos=Top Layout=BorderLayout()></*PlusSkin*>
<*PlusSkin Conditions(WordWheel = "Bottom") *><Element LayoutPos=Bottom Layout=BorderLayout()></*PlusSkin*>
<*PlusSkin Conditions(WordWheel = "None") *><Element LayoutPos=None Layout=BorderLayout()></*PlusSkin*>
<MsgrWordWheelElement id=atom(WordWheelElement) LayoutPos=client Padding=Rect(8,0,0,0)/>
<Toolbar id=atom(SimpleToolbar) LayoutPos=right CmdGroup=guid("{102a0bf5-44ec-4a0a-b5d7-54228fa20952}") Padding=Rect(0,7,5,7) Layout=BorderLayout() Accessible=true AccRole=22>
<Element LayoutPos=client Layout=FlowLayout(0,2,0,3)>
<MenuButton CmdID=50138 AccName=rcstr("msgr",49110) AddBehavior=DUI::MenuFromChildren("LeftClick","Bottom","AddContactDropdown") Active=7 AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",49110) Layout=BorderLayout()><ButtonIcon Content=rcimg("msgr",1131) Padding=Rect(3,3,0,3) Layoutpos=left/>
<element layoutpos=right Class="DropdownButtonCaret" Padding=Rect(0,4,0,4)/>
<Element Layoutpos=client Layout=FillLayout() ContentAlign=middlecenter>
<Menu ID=atom(AddContactDropdown)>
<MenuItem2 CmdID=50005 Text=rcstr("msgr",49111)/>
<MenuItem2 CmdID=50136 Text=rcstr("msgr",49112)/>
<MenuItem2 CmdID=50014 Text=rcstr("msgr",49313)/>
<MenuItem2/>
<MenuItem2 CmdID=317 Text=rcstr("msgr",49314)/>
<MenuItem2 CmdID=318 Text=rcstr("msgr",49315)/>
</Menu>
</Element>
</MenuButton><button class="HIGToolbarButton" padding=rcrect(20136) layout=BorderLayout() id=atom(viewoptsdlg) cmdid=40370 AccRole=43 AccDefAction=rcstr(20500) Tooltip=true active=7 accname=rcstr("msgr",49209) accdesc=rcstr("msgr",49210)><ButtonIcon class="HIGToolbarIcon" content=rcimg("msgr",1490) ContentAlign=middlecenter padding=rcrect(20140)/>
<element layoutpos=right ContentAlign=middlecenter layout=FillLayout()>
<ButtonText Id=atom(ButtonTextId) class="HIGToolbarText" content="" FontSize=rcint(20958)pt ContentAlign=middlecenter padding=rcrect(20141) Shortcut=1/>
</element>
</button><Button class="TransparentDropdownButton" layout=BorderLayout() layoutpos=client margin=Rect(0,0,0,0) AccName=rcstr("msgr",21075) CmdID=40206 ID=atom(FLWMenuBtn) AccRole=57 AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",21075) Active=7><element layoutpos=client layout=FlowLayout(0,3,1,2) ContentAlign=middlecenter padding=Rect(0,0,0,0)>
<element class="ToolbarIcon" content=rcimg("msgr",1489) Padding=Rect(3,0,0,0)/>
</element>
<element layoutpos=right Class="TransparentDropdownButtonCaret" padding=Rect(0,4,0,4)/>
</Button></Element>
</Toolbar>
</Element>
<Element LayoutPos=client Layout=BorderLayout()>
<Element Layout=FillLayout() LayoutPos=top>
<Element Class="InfoBar" AddBehavior=Msgr::InfoBar() Layout=BorderLayout() Margin=Rect(5,5,5,5) LayoutPos=bind(property:"InfoBar::LayoutPos") Background=bind(property:"InfoBar::Background")>
<Element id=atom(InfoBarIcon) LayoutPos=left Padding=Rect(5,3,3,0) ContentAlign=topcenter ContentIndex=bind(property:"InfoBar::Icon") Content=rcimg("msgr",729)/>
<HtmlView id=atom(InfoBarText) Active=3 LayoutPos=client Padding=Rect(0,3,0,5) Content=bind(property:"InfoBar::Message") YScrollable=false/>
<Button id=atom(InfoBarClose) Active=3 AccName=rcstr("msgr",8016) LayoutPos=right Padding=Rect(2,3,0,5) ContentAlign=topright Content=rcimg("msgr",629)/>
</Element>
</Element>
<Element id=atom(idZeroContactBubble) LayoutPos=none Layout=BorderLayout() Padding=Rect(25,10,5,0)>
<Element LayoutPos=top Layout=FlowLayout(0,0,0,2) Padding=Rect(0,0,0,5)>
<Element Content=rcimg("msgr",1131) Padding=Rect(0,0,5,0)/>
<Element Class="ZeroContactsHeader"/>
</Element>
<HtmlView Class="ZeroContactsText" Active=3 Tag=bind(property:"Config::ContactImport")/>
</Element>
<Element id=atom(idZeroResultsGroup) LayoutPos=none Layout=FlowLayout(0,0,0,2) Padding=Rect(0,2,0,0)>
<Element id=atom(idWWZeroResults) Content=rcstr("msgr",45800) AccName=rcstr("msgr",46400) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",46401) Padding=Rect(10,0,0,0)/>
<Button id=atom(idZeroResultsPhoneLink) CmdID=50129 CmdGroup=guid("{102a0bf5-44ec-4a0a-b5d7-54228fa20952}") Content=rcstr("msgr",49807) AccName=rcstr("msgr",49807) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",49807)/>
</Element>
<Element id=atom(idZeroContactAfterFilter) LayoutPos=none Content=rcstr("msgr",46402) AccName=rcstr("msgr",46404) AccDesc=rcstr("msgr",46403)/>
<Element LayoutPos=client Layout=FillLayout()>
<Element layout=FlowLayout(2,1,1,1)>
<Animator id=atom(watermark) active=0/>
</Element>
<BuddyList id=atom(abView) Layout=FillLayout() CmdGroup=guid("{16E32D35-5350-4805-B7F0-5E782510AF6F}")/>
</Element>
</Element>
</Element>
<Element ResID=CircleMembershipView sheet=0 Layout=BorderLayout()>
<BuddyListCommon id=atom(abView) Layout=FillLayout() CmdGroup=guid("{16E32D35-5350-4805-B7F0-5E782510AF6F}")/>
</Element>

now please point out the OIM, Sharing Folders, Spaces, Today, Call, SMS, Plus preferences, Plus Scripts, Colourize buttons as i have searched the file and cannot see them.

Have you used WLM 2009?

There is no Sharing Folder, Space, Today, Call, SMS or Colourise buttons.

The only buttons are for Contact List Layout, the WLM menu and Adding a contact, all of which are highlighted above, found by searching for 'button'

I already explained that the Plus! buttons have to be added seperately, having been removed via SkinInfo, have a look in any existing WLM 2009 skin to see how this is done.
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-20-2009 at 09:58 AM

i saw those buttons but it isn't clear which one is which so how can i apply the right plusskin tag to the right button if i cannot identify them? i have used WLM 2009 i just assumed those buttons had been disabled by default but could be restored if required.

RE: RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by djdannyp on 03-20-2009 at 10:02 AM

quote:
i saw those buttons but it isn't clear which one is which so how can i apply the right plusskin tag to the right button if i cannot identify them? i have used WLM 2009 i just assumed those buttons had been disabled by default but could be restored if required.

They are all identified:

"AddBehavior=DUI::MenuFromChildren("LeftClick","Bottom","AddContactDropdown") " - add contact

"id=atom(viewoptsdlg)" - "view options" dialogue aka contact list layout

"ID=atom(FLWMenuBtn)" - menu button
RE: [Released] Stuart and Jason's 365 Theme by stuartbennett on 03-20-2009 at 11:02 AM

right i have added those options and can now get add contact, layout options and show menu buttons to show or hide based on the options selected in skin options panel, however if either the add contact button or layout options buttons get hidden then they hide the scripts button but ive double checked the code for both those buttons and neither one of them calls the scripts button so im really confused.