Shoutbox

Dump List? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Dump List? (/showthread.php?tid=80377)

Dump List? by sulasno on 12-24-2007 at 04:57 AM

is there a script which can dump the list of scripts currently installed with the versions and check against the current version? thanks

RE: Dump List? by Spunky on 12-24-2007 at 11:19 AM

There is a script that I have, although I think it's still in BETA stages and not released yet... Just hang tight for a while lol

RE: Dump List? by sulasno on 03-29-2008 at 03:34 AM

any updates?

RE: Dump List? by MeEtc on 03-29-2008 at 03:51 AM

I'm testing the same script. I haven't heard anything new from the maker of it recently, but it seems to be working fine for me.

RE: Dump List? by CookieRevised on 03-29-2008 at 05:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sulasno
is there a script which can dump the list of scripts currently installed with the versions and check against the current version? thanks
Despite what the people above say: no!...

The reason is simple: not all scripts provide a mechanism to check for updates, and not all scripts can be found in the official scripting database to check against.

For those scripts which do provide an (auto-)update mechanism, yes, such a script exists (but it can still fail for certain scripts). For scripts which don't provide an (auto-)update mechanism but are listed in the official database, it can be tricky and not always working since the checking is always done on the script's name (which can be changed, or which can be the same as another script, etc). Not to mention that many scripts utalize their own version numbering which is not always accordin to version numbering rules and thus can't always be checked in a logical alphanumerical way.

And as long as there isn't a solid unified, but versatile, update mechanism provided by Plus! itself and used by all (most) scripts, this will never be 100% possible...