Shoutbox

Karaoke on PC? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Karaoke on PC? (/showthread.php?tid=80385)

Karaoke on PC? by albert on 12-24-2007 at 03:10 PM

hey there, I've been thinking about doing some karaoke activity with my family this year for Christmas eve (in a few hours, I know).

Now I downloaded and installed karafun, a software that acts as a karaoke machine on your computer.

I was also able to find some tracks to test it out, everything seems to work fine. The problem now is actually being able to find tracks I actually know.

The formats seem to go from .cdg to .kar and even .midi.. I wouldn't really know how they are coded but they contain the lyrics that play in them..

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone knew any sites that offered free karaoke tracks, I'm looking for some very known one (yes JK, as lame as britney spears and backstreet boys) just something very known that we could laugh at.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Karaoke on PC? by freak544 on 12-24-2007 at 03:15 PM

Well i use windows media player with the minilyrics plug-in installed

Here is the website for minilyrics http://www.crintsoft.com/

You can change the text colours and all stuff like that and its linked to a DB where you can search for the lyrics

:)

RE: Karaoke on PC? by albert on 12-24-2007 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by freak544
You can change the text colours and all stuff like that and its linked to a DB where you can search for the lyrics

Thanks, but will that be synchronized with the music? I want something that will only colors when it's time to sing it.. like karaoke basically.. I don't think this really does it.

edit : also, this suggests you take your own song and play it. basically the singer's voice is still there..
RE: Karaoke on PC? by freak544 on 12-24-2007 at 04:46 PM

Yeah they are synchronized with the music and yeah thats the only problem that ou can hear the singers voice

There are options in it to fade in lyrics have karakoe style and you can also choose how many lines to display at once etc.

I am not sure if there is a way to get rid of the singer's voice in the song

If there was a way to get rid of the voice then this would be good as you can take any song you wish and play it but you may have to download the lyrics (in which it does itself or your press d and select the lyrics) if you are taking a laptop round someones house without the internet etc.

RE: Karaoke on PC? by duck! on 12-24-2007 at 04:48 PM

get a instrumental version of the song :P

RE: Karaoke on PC? by albert on 12-24-2007 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Yeah they are synchronized with the music and yeah thats the only problem that ou can hear the singers voice

There are options in it to fade in lyrics have karakoe style and you can also choose how many lines to display at once etc.

I am not sure if there is a way to get rid of the singer's voice in the song

If there was a way to get rid of the voice then this would be good as you can take any song you wish and play it but you may have to download the lyrics (in which it does itself or your press d and select the lyrics) if you are taking a laptop round someones house without the internet etc.

Thanks for the help anyways, I'll look to this if I can't find any other way before tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
get a instrumental version of the song 
I thought about that.. but it's a bit too much trouble.. I think I'll just end up buying a few tracks off an online karaoke store.
RE: Karaoke on PC? by freak544 on 12-24-2007 at 05:05 PM

There may be a way to remove the lyrics from the song by using an add on but im not sure

RE: Karaoke on PC? by albert on 12-24-2007 at 05:40 PM

quote:
to remove the lyrics from the song

You mean the voice?
I don't know, I'm no expert in that kind of thing.

What I do know, is that on karafun's online store, you actually get 2 sound tracks (voice + music) and lyrics for every song you buy, so that would be perfect for me!
RE: Karaoke on PC? by Voldemort on 12-24-2007 at 05:49 PM

quote:
There may be a way to remove the lyrics from the song by using an add on but im not sure

yes, that's what CDG is, CD+Graphics, the voices are sort of 'suppressed' but not completely, and yes, there are programs to do that...
MIDIs are free and you can find almost any song on it, but tbh, they sound shitty. CDGs are alot harder to find for free...
RE: Karaoke on PC? by albert on 12-24-2007 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
CDGs are alot harder to find for free...

I was able to find albums.. But they are of songs I've never heard of.. Which pretty much sucks when you want to sing to it.
RE: Karaoke on PC? by Voldemort on 12-24-2007 at 06:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by albert
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
CDGs are alot harder to find for free...

I was able to find albums.. But they are of songs I've never heard of.. Which pretty much sucks when you want to sing to it.

that's exactly the problem. i had some decent torrents on demonoid before it died, i can't find any at other scene sites
RE: Karaoke on PC? by Jarrod on 12-24-2007 at 10:15 PM

xen0h quotes his sig
most popular songs already have lyrics and it only takes you 3-4 minutes to add them if the don't exist, and it just uses normal mp3's genius:)

RE: Karaoke on PC? by Voldemort on 12-24-2007 at 10:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xen0h
xen0h quotes his sig
most popular songs already have lyrics and it only takes you 3-4 minutes to add them if the don't exist, and it just uses normal mp3's genius

linking to exes is not nice and those songs still have the voice on them...
RE: RE: Karaoke on PC? by freak544 on 12-24-2007 at 10:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xen0h
xen0h quotes his sig
most popular songs already have lyrics and it only takes you 3-4 minutes to add them if the don't exist, and it just uses normal mp3's genius:)

I think this is simular to minilyrics]

Edit: The alsong has its own media player where as minilyrics can be embedded into windows media player or unembedded where ou can move it around etc.
RE: Karaoke on PC? by YottabyteWizard on 12-24-2007 at 11:12 PM

Winamp has a plugin to be able to play CD+G songs for winamp.... not quite sure if they must be ripped first or can be read directly from the CDs...

What I do is to rip the songs first from the CD+G discs with audiograbber (which has an option to rip the songs and their screen data to separate files (MP3 + CDG files)) and then play the MP3 file with winamp.

It works perfectly with me.

As for the sites... I don't know any free website... but torrents might help a little bit

RE: Karaoke on PC? by MC Inferno on 12-24-2007 at 11:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by albert

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
get a instrumental version of the song 
I thought about that.. but it's a bit too much trouble..

Instrumentals are very easy... limewire it.