Shoutbox

password help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: password help (/showthread.php?tid=80403)

password help by Discrate on 12-25-2007 at 07:57 AM

You know when you install xp/vista and it asks you to make a username and password for your computer, is there anyway to go see what both of them are? I made a username and password for my old comp and i cant remember it,but i really need it.

Please help me (A)

RE: password help by John Anderton on 12-25-2007 at 08:04 AM

You could see the username via various methods like looking at the user accounts on the computer.
As for the password, there is no way I have ever heard of to get the password back from a windows account. Sorry.

RE: RE: password help by Discrate on 12-25-2007 at 08:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
You could see the username via various methods like looking at the user accounts on the computer.
As for the password, there is no way I have ever heard of to get the password back from a windows account. Sorry.

aw damit :( looks like ill have to use a usb to get everything off there :@
RE: password help by Jarrod on 12-25-2007 at 10:16 AM

it's possible try lcp

RE: password help by ShawnZ on 12-25-2007 at 10:18 AM

why not just say "i want to hack into my sister's user account" or whatever

RE: password help by Jarrod on 12-25-2007 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rules

Illegal or Inappropriate Content: You may not post illegal things (or information about them), or content that is not safe for work. This includes, but is not limited to:

* warez, and other illegally-distributed software.
    * hacking tools.

RE: RE: password help by Discrate on 12-25-2007 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xen0h
quote:
Originally posted by rules

Illegal or Inappropriate Content: You may not post illegal things (or information about them), or content that is not safe for work. This includes, but is not limited to:

* warez, and other illegally-distributed software.
    * hacking tools.

^o)
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
why not just say "i want to hack into my sister's user account" or whatever

No i need it to put my old computer on my homes wireless internet network, so i can transfer files onto my new computer.

RE: password help by Jarrod on 12-25-2007 at 11:19 AM

so do you actually need the password or if we change it to blank it doesn't matter

RE: password help by Mike on 12-25-2007 at 11:27 AM

Help!! // How to find out admin password on Windows XP

RE: password help by Steven on 12-28-2007 at 03:58 PM

All you need is to google ophcrack on usb, i got my friends password in 1 minute.

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/06/12/creating-...able-usb-ophcrack/

or pm me.

RE: password help by Yurij on 12-29-2007 at 11:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
You know when you install xp/vista and it asks you to make a username and password for your computer, is there anyway to go see what both of them are? I made a username and password for my old comp and i cant remember it,but i really need it.

Please help me (A)

You could download Hirens BootCD
there should be a program on it that can reset passwords
RE: password help by Adeptus on 12-29-2007 at 04:11 PM

The tool I've used several times, with various Windows versions, is ntpasswd.  It won't tell you the passwords, but will let you blank or change them.

Also, besides the user account you have forgotten the password for, there is the built-in administrator account that you may have never set a password for (Windows setup makes skipping that pretty easy).  If so, that would be the easiest way in. 

The Administrator account is not displayed on the welcome screen, but you can press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice and type "Administrator" username at the classic logon prompt for XP Professional, or boot in safe mode for XP Home.