Shoutbox

MSN Message history woes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSN Message history woes (/showthread.php?tid=80442)

MSN Message history woes by tiger_vio on 12-26-2007 at 10:59 AM

I had a convo last night with someone that I need to retreieve! However this morning it isn't showing up in my message history :/ How do I update it? Or is it lost forever?

RE: MSN Message history woes by MicroWay on 12-26-2007 at 11:38 AM

Well...
If you didn't enabled the auto-save conversation on WLM or on Plus! and you didn't click on "save" before closing the window, there isn't a way to retrieve the log.....
;)

RE: RE: MSN Message history woes by tiger_vio on 12-26-2007 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
Well...
If you didn't enabled the auto-save conversation on WLM or on Plus! and you didn't click on "save" before closing the window, there isn't a way to retrieve the log.....
;)

I do have that option enabled! But it still won't show up. A convo that I had earlier that night is working though..
RE: MSN Message history woes by ahmetgns on 12-26-2007 at 01:41 PM

To reach WLM's message history, find that cnotact in your contact list and right-click on it then select View>Message History. If there exists nothing, or you can't even select that option, then try Plus! chat logs:

Again right click on that contact and then select Messenger Plus! Features>Open Chat Log... (I assume you have Messenger Plus! Live installed because you are in Messenger Plus! forums) If it says "Chat log doesn't exist or cannot be found for this contact." then go into Plus! Preferences>Conversations tab>Chat Logging tab and search that contact in the Filter... window because you may have filtered that contact out from there. (You may also review the "Default value for new or unknown contacts:" option if this was a new contact for you.)