Shoutbox

Need: Program that shows network percent signal strength of access point and router - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Need: Program that shows network percent signal strength of access point and router (/showthread.php?tid=80491)

Need: Program that shows network percent signal strength of access point and router by Steven on 12-28-2007 at 04:01 PM

Hi. Im in search of a program for windows xp that can show you the signal percent of any AP around you, kinda like the PSP does if you are familair with it. Know any ones? Google gave me crap

[Image: Access_Point_Scan.jpg]
Likethis^^^

RE: Need: Program that shows network percent signal strength of access point and router by Spunky on 12-28-2007 at 05:37 PM

NetStumbler does this for Wireless networks

RE: Need: Program that shows network percent signal strength of access point and router by aNILEator on 12-28-2007 at 05:39 PM

Whatever Happened To Windows Live Wifi Centre :S

RE: Need: Program that shows network percent signal strength of access point and router by Steven on 12-28-2007 at 05:41 PM

Netstumbler didnt show me the percent when i tried yesterday..

I found a yahoo widget one on download.com and its working great, but only shows the percent of the connection that your connected to, which is kindof irelevent, because if the signal was weak you wouldnt be able to connect to it.

RE: Need: Program that shows network percent signal strength of access point and rout by ryxdp on 12-28-2007 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Whatever Happened To Windows Live Wifi Centre :S

It appears to be discontinued...

EDIT: Seems to have been replaced by this.
RE: Need: Program that shows network percent signal strength of access point and rout by aNILEator on 12-28-2007 at 11:04 PM

I actually Liked WL Wifi Centre :P it was a brilliant tool, what's a website going to do for you if you can't get on the web to begin with 8-)

RE: Need: Program that shows network percent signal strength of access point and router by Steven on 12-29-2007 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
I actually Liked WL Wifi Centre :P it was a brilliant tool, what's a website going to do for you if you can't get on the web to begin with 8-)

True say, the same thing for when you dont have an internet connection and you get an error message "For more support, vist www.support.microsoft.com" Yeah, too bad I DONT HAVE A CONNECTION. anways, did that wl wifi centre do the same thing  as http://hotspot.msn.com/ but the wifi centre was offline? because if thats true, that wouldve been really cool. too bad.
RE: Need: Program that shows network percent signal strength of access point and router by aNILEator on 12-29-2007 at 09:24 PM

Basically you could use it as a wifi scanner and if you were connected it'd show you local hot spots if you chose too if I remember correctly :)

I liked it, I thought all laptop owners should own it tbh, not so useful for desktops but still could be handy :)