Shoutbox

Maximum Upload Size - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Maximum Upload Size (/showthread.php?tid=80503)

Maximum Upload Size by djdannyp on 12-28-2007 at 11:32 PM

I'm currently trying to release my skin and running into problems posting the thread and I think it's to do with uploading the plsk file.

It's around 11mb and I wondered what the upload limit was for attaching a file to a post as i'm assuming this is the reason for the problem.

All it does it load for ages, then come up with an effor saying "Forum does not exist" or words to that effect

I've tried twice now, just wanted to check before I try again

RE: Maximum Upload Size by Voldemort on 12-28-2007 at 11:38 PM

Its MUCH less than 11 mb, i'm sure, i remember wdz made it bigger for skins but not THAT big... you could use msghelp.net/files for now,  while it gets on the database...

RE: Maximum Upload Size by duck! on 12-28-2007 at 11:41 PM

How about Compressing the plsk?

RE: Maximum Upload Size by djdannyp on 12-28-2007 at 11:44 PM

how would i compress the plsk?

could i do it far enough to get it down to be uploaded?

if not then i'll just upload it to my own hosting and provide a link

RE: Maximum Upload Size by Voldemort on 12-28-2007 at 11:46 PM

the forum limit is 1.5 mb, thanks ddunk.

RE: Maximum Upload Size by WDZ on 12-29-2007 at 01:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
It's around 11mb and I wondered what the upload limit was for attaching a file to a post as i'm assuming this is the reason for the problem.
O_O

The limit is 2mb, and I probably won't increase it... not that high anyway. :p Just use your own hosting.
RE: Maximum Upload Size by Baggins on 12-29-2007 at 01:59 AM

I can host it over at http://files.1337z.com/, send an email to baggins [at] 1337z [dot] com and I will take care of it.

hmmm... I seen to have mistook you for a newb. (The PS3 avatar, the gibberish Nick). However the offer still stands to you and anyone else.

EDIT2: 1. Put it in a .zip or .rar or .tar.gz etc.
2. No it would still be way too big.

RE: RE: Maximum Upload Size by djdannyp on 12-29-2007 at 09:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo
I can host it over at http://files.1337z.com/, send an email to baggins [at] 1337z [dot] com and I will take care of it.

hmmm... I seen to have mistook you for a newb. (The PS3 avatar, the gibberish Nick). However the offer still stands to you and anyone else.

EDIT2: 1. Put it in a .zip or .rar or .tar.gz etc.
2. No it would still be way too big.

thanks for the accusation, lol

nothing wrong with a PS3 avatar, I happen to think it's the best thing I've ever bought.  as for the nick, it's not gibberish at all.....i used to dj, my name is danny and my surname begins with a p.......no-one else seems to have any trouble :P

and the suggestion to put it in a zip is, pardon the expression, "newbish" as what you'd essentially be doing is putting a .zip into a .zip which offers virtually no further compression anyway.

but anyway, yeah, i have my own hosting which it is now uploaded on.....the problem is long since solved :)