Shoutbox

[Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=80521)

[Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by TRash19 on 12-29-2007 at 01:12 PM

Mynetx & Bumba are made the Apple skin, Tony is made the Office07 skin...and Who made the Plus! skin? :O

I made it, and I put up the question: Who are like it?

[Image: Plus__Live_Skin_by_Trash_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg]

Not #1 skin, but look like nice.

:)

RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by Spunky on 12-29-2007 at 01:28 PM

Stole my idea ;) Oh well, competition (Y)

RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by Eljay on 12-29-2007 at 01:32 PM

* Eljay has also been making a similar skin, popular idea it seems :P

RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by TRash19 on 12-29-2007 at 01:36 PM

:D:D (y) Just stilled! I wait a new Plus! skins :D

RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by aNILEator on 12-29-2007 at 09:52 PM

I don't like it.

This is not something I can say looks related to plus at all in my opinion :undecided:

This is just slapping in the plus logo everywhere, there's no sense of style or planning gone into this :(

RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by duck! on 12-29-2007 at 10:26 PM

I dont like it, nothing blends, the plus logo on the side is horrible, all i can see that you did is put a few images with "Messenger Plus Live" in the contact list, sign in window and convo =/

RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by ryxdp on 12-29-2007 at 10:29 PM

Why is it yellow? Isn't the default Plus! colour scheme blue?

RE: RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by TRash19 on 12-29-2007 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
Why is it yellow? Isn't the default Plus! colour scheme blue?

Yellow the picture...and i wanna make the colors same as the picture color...

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
I don't like it.

This is not something I can say looks related to plus at all in my opinion :undecided:

This is just slapping in the plus logo everywhere, there's no sense of style or planning gone into this :(

I understand! This skin, is my first skin. Is my triing...Thanks the "bad words"! ;) Because, I study from the problems, and later, I can "repair" my errors :) Thanks again!

quote:
Originally posted by duck!
I dont like it, nothing blends, the plus logo on the side is horrible, all i can see that you did is put a few images with "Messenger Plus Live" in the contact list, sign in window and convo =/

Yes, the changed background and some icon are not too much (maybe nothing). I write again, I try to skinning. Later, I will try to make a better skin, than this.  Thanks your criticism :)
RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by NanaFreak on 12-30-2007 at 01:35 PM

tbh i hate it... it just doesnt looks good =\

looks like someone just through the plus logo and stuff into a skin..

RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by Jimbo on 12-30-2007 at 01:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
tbh i hate it... it just doesnt looks good =\

looks like someone just through the plus logo and stuff into a skin..
Seconded, i think if a plus skin is going to made, guido or patchou(:P) should do it.
RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by Nathan on 12-30-2007 at 01:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
* Eljay has also been making a similar skin, popular idea it seems :P

* Nathan made suggested it too eljay :P

* Nathan whips eljay, get back to work :(
RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by vaccination on 12-30-2007 at 01:52 PM

It's on guido's list isn't it? :P

gotta redo forums first 8-)

RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by Nathan on 12-30-2007 at 01:53 PM

Vacci, yes it's on his list but he has so much other stuff to do (or at least that's what he told me)

RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by vaccination on 12-30-2007 at 01:55 PM

I know, that's why I said it's on his list, list generally mans he has other stuff on there too, else it wouldn't be a list :p

RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by Nathan on 12-30-2007 at 02:26 PM

lol ok, but what I am attempting to put across is that he has a lot of stuff to do and it could be a long time before he even starts it!

Back onto the subject... I don't like it, But Very rarely are your first skins overly awesome imo.

Eljay's is awesome so far and he should keep at it

* Nathan gets out the whip again...

RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by stuartbennett on 12-30-2007 at 06:05 PM

i can tell you exactly where the image came from its one of the wallpapers in the goodies section of the messenger plus website http://files.msgpluslive.net/goodies/wallpapers/m...uslive_wp2_800.png all he has done is bung that in as a background everywhere and there ya go one ugly skin cooled mediu rare lol.

im not dissing the guy i mean he is new to skinning after all and the attempt was admirable, its just plus is such a great program that any skin made in its image has a lot to live up to so a real basic skin like this wouldnt cut it im afraid.

like someone said above plus is themed to be blue so the official plus skin needs to blend into that general theme.

RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by Tasha on 12-30-2007 at 06:40 PM

I'm not saying the skin is great, but could some people at least offer constructive criticism instead of just "I don't like it" or "it's ugly"? To be honest, if I was TRash19 I'd be feeling pretty awful.

Personally, I think the skin is lacking because it does not fit in with the colour scheme of Plus!. Take a look at the website and the forums, blue is the colour which you see around. :) I think that if you changed the main colour to the same shades of blue, it would all start to look better. Take a look at the background image with the kind of 'shiny' effect and try to incorporate that into your skin if you feel capable.

Also, if you're going to be using the Plus! logo, try not to make it squashed, simply scale it up or down, but keep it same as it is, don't stretch it to make it fit. :)

I can see and understand that this is your first skin, and everybody starts somewhere, just try to take into consideration more of how Plus! and the website and forums look, and your skin will look much better. :) Good luck!

RE: RE: [Skin View] Plus! Live Messenger Skin 1.0 by TRash19 on 12-30-2007 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
I'm not saying the skin is great, but could some people at least offer constructive criticism instead of just "I don't like it" or "it's ugly"? To be honest, if I was TRash19 I'd be feeling pretty awful.

Personally, I think the skin is lacking because it does not fit in with the colour scheme of Plus!. Take a look at the website and the forums, blue is the colour which you see around. :) I think that if you changed the main colour to the same shades of blue, it would all start to look better. Take a look at the background image with the kind of 'shiny' effect and try to incorporate that into your skin if you feel capable.

Also, if you're going to be using the Plus! logo, try not to make it squashed, simply scale it up or down, but keep it same as it is, don't stretch it to make it fit. :)

I can see and understand that this is your first skin, and everybody starts somewhere, just try to take into consideration more of how Plus! and the website and forums look, and your skin will look much better. :) Good luck!

Thanks Tasha, your good and bad words alike. I resolved those one. :)