Shoutbox

[Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM (/showthread.php?tid=80536)

[Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by fr33k on 12-30-2007 at 12:50 AM

I have a dark graphic at the head of the conversation window.  The nickname and PSM text are dark, as well.  This makes them hard to read.  I want to make the text for these items brighter.

I've tried editing the 920 style file to no avail.  I'm pretty much shooting in the dark.  I'm not sure what to edit and how.  I figure it's something in rosterbuddyname and idPSMtext.

Any help would be appreciated!

RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by TRash19 on 12-30-2007 at 01:39 AM

Hi fr33k!

You can change the PSM color of conversation window with a small editing:

1. Open the 920.style.txt
2. Search this element in the style:

}
Element[id=atom(idPSM)]
{
LayoutPos:Left;
}

3. You add this, after LayoutPos:Left; element :

Foreground:rgb(*HERE YOUR COLOR CODE! such as: 255,0,0<- full red*);

Like this:

}
Element[id=atom(idPSM)]
{
Foreground:rgb(255,0,0);
}

Good Luck ;)

*EDIT: When you wanna change a PSM background in the ConvWindow, open again the 920.style.txt, find again the 2. step and add this: Background:rgb(*your code*); :)

RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by fr33k on 12-30-2007 at 01:51 AM

Thanks for the quick response!

However...I couldn't get it to work.  Here's what the Style section of my SkinInfo.xml file looks like...

quote:
<Styles>
                            <Style Id="920">
                                <File>UIFiles/Styles/920.txt</File>
                            </Style>
                        </Styles>

Here's what the edited line in 920.txt looks like

quote:
Element[id=atom(idPSM)]
{
}

I'm not getting a trace file and the PSM text isn't red.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by TRash19 on 12-30-2007 at 02:02 AM

You write to the SkinInfo.xml like this:

<Styles>

<Style Id="920"><File>UIFiles/Styles/920.txt</File></Style>

</Styles>

You write to the 920.txt like this:

Element[id=atom(idPSM)]
{
}

You don't wanna use the full red words, you use your color codes. :P

What are you use?
WLM 8.0/8.1/8.5 or 9?

RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by fr33k on 12-30-2007 at 02:11 AM

I figured red would be easy to spot if I got the text coloring right. :P

I tried slapping a white background behind the red text...still nothing.  It's a transparent background and the same color text.

I swapped the SkinInfo.xml syntax to match your posted suggestion.  I copy & pasted your suggested code block into 920.txt.

Seems like I'm probably missing something simple...

Btw, I'm using WLM 8.5

RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by TRash19 on 12-30-2007 at 02:16 AM

Can you send to me your skin? Maybe i can find the problem. And I will repair it. When its ok, I send back to you :) If is not problem for you :P (put a folder to a zip :) )

RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by fr33k on 12-30-2007 at 02:24 AM

Attached is a rough draft :P

RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by TRash19 on 12-30-2007 at 02:52 AM

Huhhh...So, I cant see that, because i use a wlm 9 :$ But, maybe the 8.5 is cant use the rgb code, so you write the background color like this:

Element[id=atom(idPSM)]
{
Foreground:argb(255,0,0,0);
}

Maybe this is the good version for 8.5. If is not good, anybody can help you (when are read this topic :P)

*EDIT: Read this:

×Colors. Messenger uses many different kinds of internal methods to reference color (using rcclr and rcbkg). Messenger Plus! decrypts all of them and replaces the color with the appropriate RGB code when possible. The alpha channel is also specified when used by a color. Remember that some colors are variations of the user's chosen color (blue by default) and thus, cannot be expressed in RGB code. In that case, a comment is added to show the intensity of the colorized color.

bordercolor:rcclr(46604)   ®    bordercolor:rgb(152,151,139)
background:rcbkd(1458)     ®    background:argb(128,255,255,255)
foreground:rcclr(20090)    ®    foreground:rcclr(20090) /* Colorized. I=128 */
...from the skinning documentation what is writed: Patchou :)

Or, you see that:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr...2Bcolors%26hl%3Den

French site is translated to english :P Maybe easier the english than french :D

RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by fr33k on 12-30-2007 at 03:00 AM

I guess I'll have to play with it some more. :P  Thanks for all your help!

RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by TRash19 on 12-30-2007 at 03:03 AM

My help for you is not too much :( But, when you use the WLM 9, and you have a problem, you can write to me the question :) Good Luck;)

RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by fr33k on 12-30-2007 at 04:10 AM

So...I found it!

In the 920 style file, the element for the user nickname at the top is "FramelessWindowTitle"

You can change the colors for active and nonactive window states.

In the same file, the element for the contact's PSM is "WindowSubText" (at least it is, when there isn't a PSM and it defaults to their e-mail.)

In those elements you can change their foreground color, or you can do like I did and keep the colorization attribute and just override the intensity in the SkinInfo XML.

Here's how I fixed the brightness of the PSM text area...

quote:
<Colors>
                        <Color Id="1656">
                            <I>208</I>
                        </Color>
                    </Colors>

Thanks again, TRash19, for pointing me in the right direction!
Sorry to bump, but I discovered something further.

WindowSubText is for the contact's e-mail address, under their name.  idPSM is the correct entry to change color for the PSM.  I was trying it on a contact who had no PSM, just their address, and assumed the element had the same color, no matter if a PSM or e-mail was displayed.

TRash19 was right about it!

idPSM = Contact's personal status message
WindowSubText = Contact's e-mail address, beneath their nickname
FramelessWindowTitle = Contact's nickname
RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by Basilis on 01-02-2008 at 07:15 PM

well ok.but if you want to change the above in the main window,then you have to try it in the 923 style file.

RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by TheSourcE on 02-19-2008 at 06:39 PM

How do you change white color of my nickname in the main window(contactlist)??? I want it black.

RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by Basilis on 02-19-2008 at 09:55 PM

I think is either an element called Friendlyname or mearea. Change their foreground to (0,0,0) and it will be ok. If they don't have a foreground then add this

Foreground:rgb(0,0,0);

RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by TheSourcE on 02-20-2008 at 03:00 PM

that works:D thanks a lot Basilis.

RE: [Help] Changing the color of nickname & PSM by Basilis on 02-20-2008 at 04:52 PM

Don't mention it. Out of topic, but why didn't you put as your username [A]llard?