Shoutbox

Weather Warnings - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Weather Warnings (/showthread.php?tid=80545)

Weather Warnings by lethalreality9 on 12-30-2007 at 04:25 PM

I'll try to explain myself as best as I can. I would like to have a script that puts a message in my personal message and changes automatically when a weather warning or watch is put into effect, and when there is no warning or watch it displays a message, for example: no watches or warnings in effect.

I live in Newfoundland, Canada, so I would only like to updates to come from the Avalon Peninsula North region of Newfoundland found on this page: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?nf28.

When a weather warning is in effect I would like the personal message to be bold and in red color and say, for example: "snowfall warning in effect as of 12:48 pm." and if that warning is updated again it would be like, for example: "snowfall warning continued as of 3:14 pm."

When there is a weather watch I would like the personal message to be bold and in a darkish yellow color and it would be like, for example: "winter storm watch in effect as of 8:09 pm" and so on.

When a weather warning or watch has ended I would like the personal message to be bold and in green color and say, for example: "rainfall warning ended as of 11:42 am." or "winter storm watch ended as of 9:02 pm."

Finally, when there is no update or no warning/watch in effect I would like the personal message to be bold and in a dark orange color and say, for example: "no watches or warnings in effect."

Please tie into the weather warnings and watched found at Environment Canada (http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/warnings_e.html). If you want you could have an option to choose which region I'd like. If not, use Avalon Peninsula North (http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?nf28) as the default.

It would be great if this script is easy to modify, so I could change perhaps the colors or make it italic instead of bold.

Also, if you don't mind, I may modify it someday and claim it my own script and publish it for download (with credit to you, of course).

Please someone help me!

Thank you so much! :)

RE: [Request] Weather Warnings by Spunky on 12-30-2007 at 07:03 PM

I'm on it now ;)

RE: RE: [Request] Weather Warnings by lethalreality9 on 12-30-2007 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
I'm on it now ;)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D
RE: [Request] Weather Warnings by Dane on 12-31-2007 at 03:31 AM

You should use "weather.com", SpunkyLoveMuff, and identify by ZIP CODE.  I'd also like to see this use popup toasts to inform of the weather as well.

RE: RE: [Request] Weather Warnings by lethalreality9 on 01-01-2008 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
You should use "weather.com", SpunkyLoveMuff, and identify by ZIP CODE.  I'd also like to see this use popup toasts to inform of the weather as well.

Well, if SLM did that, then how would it work for me then? :| Me and SLM already started working on the script and we are using the Environment Canada website and we are using Canadian regions. *-)
RE: RE: [Request] Weather Warnings by lethalreality9 on 01-01-2008 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
Originally posted by lethalreality9
quote:
Originally posted by Dane

Well, if SLM did that, then how would it work for me then? :| Me and SLM already started working on the script and we are using the Environment Canada website and we are using Canadian regions. *-)

WOOT. Canada :banana:

Haha! :P Yes, I really wanted a weather warnings script for Canada. I downloaded a weather script that used "weather.com" and my local forecast was all wrong. :( So, I decided to use Environment Canada, since they are the "first" ones to issue a weather warning to regions of Canada. (y)
RE: [Please Close Thread] Weather Warnings by lethalreality9 on 03-22-2008 at 02:03 PM

The first release, version 1.0.0 will be available for download within the next week or two! I'm currently trying to iron out some bugs and also trying to get together the overall look of some of the features.

Testers Needed!
I'm also looking for a few testers, so if you want to be a tester of this script, please PM me as soon as possible! I will send you more information in a PM-reply-back. But, basically I will send you the script to test and use and then your feedback will be greatly needed so I can make any changes before I actually release this to the public.

Admins, please close this thread.

RE: [Please Close Thread] Weather Warnings by Tochjo on 03-22-2008 at 02:08 PM

Thread closed by request. In the future you can use the [Image: report.gif] button you find below every post to notify moderators about such things :)