Shoutbox

Can I...? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Can I...? (/showthread.php?tid=80555)

Can I...? by TRash19 on 12-30-2007 at 11:01 PM

Can I change the Advertisement picture to a flash file (flv or swf)? (Advertisement is in the Contact List Window)

RE: Can I...? by Menthix on 12-30-2007 at 11:07 PM

No, not if you want to release your skin on this forum or in the skins db.

Hiding the advertisement in the contact list and the text link ads on the conversation windows is not allowed.

RE: Can I...? by ryxdp on 12-30-2007 at 11:08 PM

Probably not, because I was playing around with animated gifs and they didn't work...

EDIT: MenthiX: he was talking about the picture that briefly shows up when you login/open the contactlist ;)

RE: Can I...? by TRash19 on 12-30-2007 at 11:09 PM

Thanks your fast answer!

RE: Can I...? by Willz on 12-30-2007 at 11:14 PM

No flash and video files are not recognized by UIfiles and do not work anyway even if you were allowed to put them in :P

You are restricted to standard image formats PNG, GIF, JPG, BMP and ICO. Animated GIF's only work if Messenger already has the resource down as an animated GIF.

You can use RLE files from other versions of messenger, but yeah thats about it.

RE: Can I...? by TRash19 on 12-30-2007 at 11:15 PM

I Understand, Thanks!

RE: Can I...? by Menthix on 12-30-2007 at 11:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
MenthiX: he was talking about the picture that briefly shows up when you login/open the contactlist
Oh the one that shows before an advertisement is loaded? I have no problem with skins changing that. (but flash will indeed not work)